Extreme Rules Predictions: Nikki Bella VS Naomi

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Up next in my Extreme Rules Prediction post is a championship match and this time it comes from the divas division. After taking out Paige in her home country last week on RAW, we found this week that Naomi would now be taking her place at Extreme Rules as she goes one on one with the divas champion, Nikki Bella for the divas championship itself. Naomi has bee getting the perfect push and build up over the past thew months and I really do believe now is her time. Rocking a new heel image, Naomi has proven she is more than ready to become champion but do the WWE believe in her? Will she finally be able to hold the only title in the divas division? Is now the right time for Nikki to drop her title? Will we see a surprise return from Paige this weekend? Today, I'm going to be answering all those questions and more as I take you through what happened at Wrestlemania for both theses divas and then taking a look at what they have been up to throughout the past month and finally making my bold predictions for this weekend. With so much to get through let's get right into things.

Nikki Bella's Wrestlemania match:
CONTENT FROM WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW AND REACTIONS - Divas action next as the current divas champion Nikki Bella was set to team up with Sister Brie to take on two time divas champion Paige and the longest reigning divas champion of all time, AJ Lee. This match had a great build up and with Give divas a chance still taking over, I was expecting a lot. This is a four hour show, a lengthy, strong divas match is just was I and everyone else was expecting and nothing less. I found it great that Paige has not been on the roster a year yet she got a mania match last night, and she more than deserved it. Paige very quickly went on the attack and took control but Nikki was able to turn things around even quicker and allow things to go her way. Throughout the match the Bella's tried their best to make sure AJ was not able to get tagged in or tag herself in the match and Paige found herself fighting off both Bella's. We saw Nikki take control of most of the match but even when she hit the rack attack on Paige it wasn't enough to take her out. Things really did speed up however when AJ finally managed to get herself in the match, and in the end after locking in the black widow AJ and Paige walked away with the win. This was a much much better divas match. It was a little messy yes, and It wasn't as good as the NXT divas matches but it was a huge improvement I'm glad the girls got their moment at Wrestlemania, it was also nice having the crowd show them so much respect.

Now, even though Naomi did not have a Wrestlemania match of her own she was still able to have a Wrestlemania moment. As you all know, the Wrestlemania kick off show saw the tag team championships be defended against the Usos, Los Matadores, and the New Day. For this match, at the side of the Usos, Naomi was at ringside and she made her presences known. Not only did she take it to Nattie and keep the crowd going but there was a moment in the match were she jumped over the top rope alongside husband, Jimmy Uso to take out everyone outside the ring.

For a while now we have seen Naomi finally get the treatment she deserves and to be fair I think it's about bloody time. I have been saying for as long as I can remember now that Naomi is one of the best divas they have on the roster quite possibly the most athletic WWE Diva in history. She's someone who throughout her career has just gotten better and better and better. She's someone who has clearly worked her ass off in the business to get a shot but the fact that the WWE have been so obsessed with the likes of AJ Lee, Paige, and The Bella Twins, means girls like Naomi have really struggled. Don't get me wrong, she has had her fair amount of ring time/TV time, including her NXT and Total Divas work, plus we have seen her have a shot at the divas championship in the past. I still do find it ridiculous that Naomi has been with the WWE for as long as she has been and she is still yet to have won the divas championship. I think this where AJ Lee retiring will play a huge role. Her departure I do think will help the divas division. I will defiantly miss her, there's no doubt about that but I think that because of how high the WWE were on her she was holding back some of the girls, one of those girls being Naomi. Now, since the night after Wrestlemania Naomi has been on a role and I have to credit the WWE Creative team. They really have done a great job with Naomi this past month. She has been a stand out throughout the month of April. Competing in great tag team and singles competition, gaining a lot of momentum on the way. But if we take a look back a little, she did have a pretty good match against Nikki Bella on main event witch I did actually include in my top twenty matches of March post.This was the first night we saw Naomi score a win against the champ and this was the true start of her build up. When you include her work with the Usos as well, this has been a Naomi based year and you can only predict things are going to only get better. The heel turn I will admit I did not see coming at all. I wasn't happy about Paige winning the battle royal at all but I wasn't expecting Naomi to turn heel. I'm still a little unsure on how she works as a bad guy, mainly because I am so used to seeing her as a baby face, but so far so good. I don't know about you but I had no idea she was so strong on the mic and that's simply because we've never been able to hear her mic work and see what she can do. I thought the way the heel turn was done was done so so well. The timing could not have been better and she did a good job giving out a convincing beat down. With it literally being the month of Naomi she is walking into Extreme Rules full of momentum. She has several wins over the champion and with such a strong month on her back things are looking really good for her.

This month I've been pretty disappointed with how little we have seen Nikki Bella in action. I think as the champion we should of seen more of her this month but at the same time I do like the fact that the attention has been more so on Naomi and building her up as an individual rather than building up a huge storyline. It's nice to see more attention on the actual match and becoming champion rather than having some stupid storyline that has the feel like it should more so be an episode of Total Divas than a Wrestling storyline. Because of how little we have seen of Nikki in the ring this month it does mean that momentum is not on her side at all. We have heard from on the announce team and she has actually spoke some fairly true words and has managed to hype herself up pretty well. 

I do actually have fairly high standards for this match. If we look at the history between these two there is quite a lot there and they have had some pretty strong matches against one another. The heat is there and there does as well seem to be a personal thing between the two that is coming across really well. Naomi spoke some true words in her interview with Byron Saxton last week, words that made me literally want to clap at the TV. I think if the WWE gives Nikki and Naomi a good amount of time to compete this weekend, say around ten to thirteen minuets then they could really surprise us. I think it's clear that Naomi has been keeping a lot back in her matches since she has been with the WWE and if you gave her a lot of time in the ring she could really get people talking for all the right
reasons. The fact that she can wow us all within the space of four or five minuets proves in itself that in a thirteen minuet match or so she could easily put on one of the best divas matches in years. We also cannot under estimate Nikki. She has seriously shown some huge improvements in the ring and on the mic over the past year and has proven to be a worthy champion. Whether you love her or hate her you cannot deny that. She has competed in some great matches over the past year and I think this one will be another to add to the list. The combination of Nikki's strength and Naomi's athleticism will work really well together. When it comes to the ending of this match I think that is what I'm loving the most about this match. There is this unpredictability feeling going on at the moment in the WWE and I'm loving it. There are multiple ways this match could end. The first is the one I'm hopeing we don't get and I think the most unlikely, and that just a plain simple clean win from Nikki, retaining the championship, Or Brie could do something that allows Nikki to retain. Paige could make a return and cost Naomi he match, setting up a triple threat at the next pay per view witch would make a lot of sense and to be honest I think I would like to see that but I doubt Paige will be returning so soon. The last is Naomi just getting clean win and becoming the champion witch I personally would like to see. I am really looking forward to this match. I think they will put on a great match and I'm really interested in seeing how it will end.

Let me know what you think, and what your predictions are for this match and the rest of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts