Extreme Rules Predictions: Dolph Ziggler VS Sheamus

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

So it's Monday and it's the first day in my Extreme Rules Prediction series. It's going to be a heck of a long week and there are a lot of match to get through and predict. We're kick starting the week with one of the matches I'm most looking forward to, Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler. Both superstars are two of my personal favourites so I'm defiantly going to be sitting back and enjoying his one. For the past year Ziggler has been on fire and has had some great matches on both pay per view and RAW and Smackdown, will this one be another to add to the list? And Sheamus has been on roll since he's return a month back, will this be he's first big pay per view win sporting he's new image? The expectations are high for this match and with a....well....interesting stipulation, it's going to be an interesting one. But who's walking away victorious? Who needs the win the most? Well today I'm going to be answering all those questions. In today's blog post I'm going to take you back to their Wrestlemania brawl by inserting what I wrote about their match in my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post, then I'm going to take you through what both superstars have been up to for the past month and finally make my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get started.

Dolph Ziggler's Wrestlemania match - Content from Wrestlemania Review and Reactions - Opening the show was a performance from Aloe Blacc. I'll be honest I don't really have a comment on this but it's just what comes with Wrestlemania. The first match of the night was the match I was convinced was going to steal the show, the Intercontinental ladder match witch would see Bad News Barrett defend the championship against Daniel Bryan, Stardust, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and R-truth. I and everyone else had high high expectations for this match, it consisted of some of the best of the best and was truly an all star match. Plus if you look back at Wrestlemania ladder match history, it looks pretty freaking amazing. Very early on it was Ambrose who made himself centre of attention as did Stardust and Harper. Harper doing a suicide dive will never get old in my opinion. The crowd were very split between Ambrose,Bryan, and Ziggler throughout the match and they stayed as the top guys of the match throughout. Stardust played he's role as one of the bigger heels in the match and was strangely extremely barbaric and was a big big stand out. Harper did me very proud also. He maintained a dominate figure throughout and really proved he was at home in this stipulation. One of the best moments of the night was the superplex from the top of the ladder from Barrett to Stardust. When Ambrose was taken out it became all about Bryan and Ziggler and in the end Bryan left the winner. I wasn't angry about it at all. This was an outstanding match but Luke Harper was the stand out of this match for me. I could of watch this go on for an hour or more. It lived up to the expiations one hundred per cent, Great way to kick off the show.

The last past year has been very up and down for Dolph Ziggler. He's fan base is still going very strong and they continue to be my favourite fans. Over the past twelve months or so I myself have really become a serious Ziggler fan. I was a fan of he's before but something has just made me into a super fan over the past year or so and I just admire all he's work. We have all still been sitting around waiting or he's mega push but when you take a look back he has been one of most consistent superstars on the roster. Especially for this post I went back to look at some of the matches I have enjoyed and spoken about here on my blog and I lost count with how many times the name Dolph Ziggler popped up. He may not have been the best, strongest, main event feuds, but he has been in some of the greatest. This year alone he has been in some of the best matches so far including he's outstanding performance at Wrestlemania witch I just spoke about. He has found himself in some great one on ones and tag team action. He's most memorable performance of the past year has to come from the Survivor Series pay per view where it finally felt like the WWE had listened to the WWE universe and finally given us what we wanted, Dolph Ziggler's time to shine and he did so so well, really proving he is main event quality. Since Wrestlemania Ziggler has competed in some outstanding matches against the likes of Daniel Bryan and Adrian Neville and I do think this is something we will see continue. The one thing that I find so amazing about  Ziggler is that even when he looses a match everyone is still talking about him and praising him because he's just that good. I'm one hundred per cent all for this feud between him and Sheamus. The two have had some great matches in the past and they do really bring out the best in one another. This time round we have seen most of the attention on Sheamus witch I'm not complaining about what so ever and it does make sense, I think when the two clash this weekend it will be an interesting one and Ziggler could easily leave, the man of the night whether he wins or looses.

Then there's Sheamus. I've said it before but literally from the moment Sheamus debuted I have been a mega fan of him. It's so bad that I have giant post of him on my bedroom wall like a kid and it's been there for about four to five years now. For me he is just exactly the definition of a perfect superstar but I'm going to escape this mode I've gotten into before it becomes more mega fan girl stage. Now, Sheamus has really been all over the place over the past two years to be honest. Suffering two injuries together he's been about a year altogether he's been out of action. I was really worried about how the WWE would be able to bring him back and give him a huge push that would allow him to be relevant and interesting/entertaining, but when he returned the night after Wrestlemania he left us all talking for sure. Sporting a complete new image Sheamus had a nice big heel turn when he attacked two of the biggest baby faces in the company, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. On the Thursday of that week on Smackdown he also debuted a new theme witch by the way I love! And the WWE had the storyline of Sheamus injuring Ziggler so badly on RAW he couldn't compete on Smackdown, he then instead had an outstanding main event match against Daniel Bryan. That week he was my superstar of the week and I will insert later what I wrote in my superstar of the week post on him. I will admit that when I first saw the new look I was....shocked to say the least and I wasn't all that happy about it. But it really didn't take long for my options to change and for me to fall in love with the new look. The "real man" persona really works for him and he pulls it off so well and so convincingly. This month he just been on a role and I haven't been able to stop talking about him and parsing he's work. The WWE have done so well in building him up and portraying him as a top heel. He's had great match after great match, including a seriously strong performance in a six man tag team match on Smackdown witch included Dolph Ziggler. They also did a good job in making him look really strong in a short match against Mark Henry on RAW a thew weeks back. It seems like the WWE know exactly what their doing with Sheamus and that makes me so so happy. Sheamus has jumped right back into the roster like he was never gone, He really does make a great heel and this weekend we will see Sheamus at he's best.

Content from top five superstars of the week - Finally, this week's superstar of the  week is Sheamus. This past Monday during the RAW after Wrestlemania show, aka the best RAW of the year, Sheamus made he's much anticipated return to World Wrestling Entertainment. After spending around five months out of action, he finally returned and what a return it was. The WWE had spent the past couple of months building up and hyping he's huge return. Before the former World champion came out to the live crowd, there was an amazing match that had just finished between Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan for the Intercontinental championship. Throughout the match former champion Bad News Barrett sat at commentary and after the match he attacked Bryan and it was then that Sheamus would make an appearance running down to the ring to what it appeared to be to help Bryan and Ziggler out an clear the ring of Barrett. Now, there were a lot of shocked faces after what Sheamus had did but I was more than expecting considering he had the build up return of a heel and he's heel turn was set to take place and seriously over due. After fooling the crowd, out of nowhere he attacked both Bryan and Ziggler in true Sheamus heel mode. On the night Sheamus also debuted a complete new image witch left him getting a "You look stupid" chant from the live crowd and him trending for a whole twenty four hours on twitter. On RAW it was first announced that on Smackdown Sheamus would be teaming up with Barrett to take on Ziggler and Bryan but when Thursday rolled around it turnt out Ziggler could not compete and so instead we got a one on one match between Sheamus and Bryan witch I was much much happier about. The two had an outstanding match witch for me was the match of the week. Sheamus had a dominate, strong heel performance and the whole thing reminded me of the real Sheamus I was a mega fan of back in two thousand and nine. The ending to the match was done so well and made Sheamus come across like a top heel. He also put on a great promo before the match that got everyone's attention and debuted a new entrance and theme witch I also loved. This week everyone has been talking about Sheamus and he more than deserves to be this weeks superstar of the week.

Now I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the stipulation for this match, I think the WWE could of done much much better and given these guys a much bigger stipulation. However, I do think that it makes sense. In my opinion, as much I love Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus needs to win this match. With the stipulation and the build up and the simple fact that he has been gone so long it means he really cannot afford to loose he's return pay per view match, it just wouldn't''t make any sense. Plus, I think
this stipulation really does work for Sheamus and he's new gimmick. The concept of a kiss my arse match makes so much sense in relation to Sheamus gimmick. He's all about shaming the underdogs, being a real man and if Ziggler looses he's forced to kiss the arse of Sheamus, there's no better way of embarrassing Ziggler and make him feel less like man. It would push Sheamus as a heel to a whole new level and bring him so much heat. If Sheamus looses it would make no sense and he's return and push would have been pointless. I don't think the WWE would be stupid enough to have Sheamus loose this weekend. I think this match has the potential to be the match of the night, easily. Their both so different have such different styles that it just works and they compliment each other so well in the ring. I did originally think that Sheamus and Ziggler would be competing a triple threat for the IC championship but I much prefer this match. This will be a very barbaric, physical and fast paced match. Ziggler will bring the speed, Sheamus will brig the strength and together these two are going to put on an outstanding match, a potential match of the year. Hopefully they get a good amount of time to actually wrestle. This is the perfect example of a feud that has not been shoved in our faces or over done but its still really entertaining and one of the best going. I'm predicting Sheamus wins this one but this is gonna be a good match.

But what do you think? Let me know what you think and what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts