RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. With Wrestlemania now done and dusted, starting from tonight we will see the build up to the next pay per view, Extreme Rules, witch will take place on the twenty sixth of this month. We already have one match on the card, John Cena VS Rusev part three for the United States championship and tonight we will see the build up to that match really kick start as the battle for momentum get's going. We will also be dealing with the fallout of both Wrestlemania and last week's RAW after Mania show, both being two outstanding wrestling shows. This weekend we also found out that AJ Lee has retired from the WWE and so what follows for the divas division will be an interesting sight tonight. And with Adrian Neville making he's main roster debut last week also, will we see more of the man that gravity forgot on tonight's show? Before we get stated with this weeks predictions there are a thew little reminders I have for you. First up Extreme Rules. My Extreme Rules predictions will start to go up on the week starting the 20th of April and the will run right up until the Saturday witch will be the twenty fifth. I will also be starting my TNA Review and Reactions next week and the first one will be uploaded next Saturday and re-uploaded on the Monday.  I would also love to know what you would like to see May dedicated to here on Talk Wrestling World so do let me know by leaving a comment bellow or  by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts including last weeks top five superstars of the week. And you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow.

With Wrestlemania season now done and dusted, it's time to kick start the road to the Extreme Rules pay per view and with such a huge Wrestlemania, the expectations are higher than ever for the follow up pay per view. We already have one match on the card, as announced during last week's Smackdown, John Cena will go one on one with Rusev for the third time for the United States championship, there so far has been no stipulation for the match. In my opinion I don't think this feud should of continued at all. I think it should of all ended at Wrestlemania and what Rusev did after that should of been nothing to do with John Cena and visa versa. For this match to work a third time round, the WWE going to have to give us something way more than another typical, plain, old, one on one match and with it being Extreme Rules, there are a lot more they can do. If I was booking the match I would make it a two out of three falls match. Not only are they a lot more intense and make sense due to the fact this would be their third match and the two are currently tied on defeats against one another, but this would be a huge way for Rusev to bounce back from he's mania loss. Now, there is no way that Cena is dropping the title at Extreme Rules but this type of match would allow Rusev to have a dominate performance and show case what he can do that little bit more and draw in the audience with how intense the match already is. Now, this week we may see Rusev pick up a plain, simple win over a jobber, but what I think we need to pay extra attention to is he's relationship with Lana. I uploaded a blog post yesterday witch I pre did last week about these two and I will link that bellow so you can check that out, but I think this month Rusev is going to try he's best to prove he doesn't need Lana by he's side to score wins and he doesn't need her by he's side at Extreme Rules. Last week Cena had a great match against Dean Ambrose for the United States championship and it would be pretty cool if he did those open challenges on a number over occasions leading up to Extreme Rules with Rusev interrupting them all stopping the title from changing hands. That's just personally what I would like to see and what I think could be an interesting angle and the only way this feud will work for another month.

Last week also saw the return of Sheamus and what a huge return it was. Debuting a new look and attitude, Sheamus grabbed everyone's and attention had everyone talking all week. He was also my superstar of the week, and I will link that blog post bellow to see what I had to say about he's actions from last week. After attacking both Ziggler and the new Intercontinental champion, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus made a huge statement and then Thursday on Smackdown he had a thew words to share to the WWE universe where he made it clear that he was not there to make them cheer or to make them happy and that he was their to crush dreams. He went on to have the match of the week (in my opinion) when he went one on one with Bryan in a none title match. The match saw Sheamus score a count out win all thanks to Bad News Barrett. Now, originally the Smackdown main event was suppose to see Bryan team up with Ziggler to take on Sheamus and Barrett in a tag team match but things changed after Ziggler was supposedly unable to compete. There are a bunch of different matches we could see tonight and work surrounding the IC Championship. The first and most likely is the original tag team match we were suppose to see on Smackdown last week, witch I would really love to see anyway because I was actually looking forward to seeing that match in the first place. If Ziggler isn't on the show (witch I doubt) we might see a handicap match between Barrett and Sheamus VS Bryan witch once again I would love to see either if not tonight but sometime in the next month. Or we could just see Sheamus in another dominate match and hear a thew words for him or even see him attack Bryan again. With the new image and the new gimmick, this month is all about pushing both Sheamus and the Intercontinental championship. Having him loose a singles match tonight is off the card completely and we will see him in action a heck of a lot this month. The end result will most defiantly see him compete for the title at Extreme Rules. Now, I have a couple of theories as to what the IC championship Extreme Rules match will be; first, either a triple threat or fatal four way between Bryan, Barrett, Ziggler, and Sheamus or just Barrett, Sheamus, and Bryan. The second being a plain one on one match between Bryan and Sheamus but if Daniel is to hold the title longer and Sheamus is set to continue he's push, this match seems the most unlikely, having Sheamus loose he's first pay per view match upon he's return would be pointless. Whatever the WWE do decide to do, will begin to become more clear as the weeks progress.

This past weekend saw huge news break as it was announced by WWE that AJ Lee had decided to retire from in ring action. I'll be honest, I was expecting AJ to announce she was parting ways with WWE sometime this year, everyone has been predicting so for the past year, but it did come to quite a shock hearing it so out of the blue this weekend. Last week on RAW and at Wrestlemania we almost saw her past the torch to both Paige and Bayley, after she let Paige have most of the time in the ring at Mania and then sporting a Bayley shirt the following night on RAW. With it being such a major loss to the divas division, tonight will be huge in seeing how the WWE act on loosing their biggest diva on the roster. For the past couple of years AJ was the centre of attention in the division and with her now gone it will be intresting to see who the next top girl will be. We have seen for the a while now that there has been rumours of the WWE making major changes to the divas division, something fans have been begging for for a long long time. One of those changes we have all wanted in diversity in championship holders. For more than two years we have only seen three divas hold the championship, AJ Lee, Paige, and Nikki Bella. For the past couple of months the WWE have been doing a god job in building up a diva more than worthy of a championship run, Naomi. She now has two clean wins over the champ and it's more than likely we will see her compete at Extreme Rules for the title, where hopefully she is finally crowned the divas champion! Tonight, after some tensions clearly growing last week on Smackdown between the Bella's, Naomi could possibly have a one on one match with Brie Bella. With the right build up and time in the ring Naomi and Nikki could have a great match at Extreme Rules. Another thing I and many others are expecting to see tonight is something Charlotte related. I was convinced that the former NXT Women's champion would be making her debut last week but unfortunately she didn't. This week we could either see a video package hyping her debut or even her debut witch would be pretty cool even though I doubt it will happen considering there is nothing strong for her at the moment. However, two diva feuds at the same time seems like a good idea to me, it just about getting it right.

Taking of debuts, last week we saw the Lucha Dragons (Kalisto) make their/he's RAW debut when they competed in a tag team match where they sided with New Day to take on the current Tag Team Champions, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd, and the Ascension in what was a great match, seeing Kalisto as the centre of attention. What I'm hopeing now is that we do see some new faces in the tag title picture. That means no more Usos chasing after the titles! With the Ascension and the Lucha Dragons both now on the main roster it means there are some fresh faces and may I add two new outstanding tag teams. Witch one of them gets the title opportunity however is most likely The Lucha Dragons considering they are the baby faces. If so, we will see them get the build up/push of a life time over the next thew weeks, including a win over the champs. In my opinion I think the should wait out the title shot a little longer and allow them time to grow on the main roster. For a while now we have seen the Lucha Dragons and The Ascension battle it out on Superstars and Main event, if the WWE had a match between the two teams at Extreme Rules with the winning team getting a title shot then that may just work a little better, plus it would be something different. One other thing I'm waiting on is a New Day heel turn witch has been rumoured quite a bit lately. I said from the beginning that the should of debuted the New day as heels so I'm all for their turn some time soon.

While still on the topic of debuts, let's talk Adrian Neville who also made he's RAW debut last week the night after Wrestlemania and what a debut it was. Now, I'm going to get it out there, I hate the cape and I hate hate hate that he is just going by the name "Neville". I might be able to get over the cape thing but the name, no, not at all. The thing however I'm most interested in seeing is how he fits on the main roster. It is a really busy roster at the moment and what they have him do will be interesting. At the moment I think they will spend the next month or to just building him up and giving him a nice big push. The one thing the WWE cannot do is fail him.We have all seen Neville's talent and know is he one of if not the best in ring competitor the WWE have right now. He has a strong, diverse move set and there is no one like him on the roster right now. He's also very very marketable. I will not settle for nothing less than the main event picture, and I understand it's beyond packed right now but eventually he has to be up their with the greats. Can you imagine a twenty minuet or so match between him and Rollins?  Now, that is main event material. I do think it will be a while before we see him up there just because of how busy it is, but having compete against a bigger guy tonight would be great to see just so everyone can see what he is capable of but if we even do see him on RAW tonight it's most likely going to be something small to put him over.

We then have Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper. I don't need to tell you again how much of a major fan I am of these two, I spent all week going on about it in almost every post so let's not go their again. Last week on Smackdown these two had a great match put together by Kane. Now, both Ambrose and Harper are main event talent, there's no denying that and they both need something huge to bounce back from their Mania loss. I know I'm not alone when I say this but I'm all for a feud between the two. I think they could really pull it off and in an Extreme Rules match at Extreme Rules, these guys could hands down steal the show. I think right now it's about taking them out of title pictures and giving them a basic feud with a lot of attention. They have the in ring chemistry, they have the talent, and they have the history, if a feud is going to be between these two and an Extreme Rules that would be made clear tonight. In an ideal world, I love to see them both in action tonight, and after how things ended last week I don't think these two will be away from each other for long.

Finally, main event picture. At the moment it's all about Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, and our new WWE Word Heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins. Last we got what was quite literally a terrible
main event and you guys know I would of hated it the moment it was even announced. One good thing to come out of it was seeing Ryback back in the main event picture witch, yes is a little out of the blue but I am a Ryback fan so I aint complaining. If I'm honest, it's getting to the point where I would sell my house to not see another tag team or majorly predicable main event. At Extreme Rules it is likely we will see Rollins defend he's championship in a triple threat between Randy Orton and Roman Reigns and I really am not looking forward to that build up at all! Tonight's action between these guys should be intresting but predicable.

This is the last RAW before the European tour also so let me know what you think we will see go down next week in London by leaving a comment bellow.

Whats next for Lana and Rusev
Top 5 Superstars of the week
Smackdown Review and Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions
NXT Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts