RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Last night we saw the go home RAW for the Extreme Rules pay per view and it was a very busy show meaning there is of course a lot to get through in today's blog post. From a final showdown between the Miz and Damien Mizdow to news on the new series of Tough Enough, it was a packed night as the WWE retuned to the United States after a two week European Tour. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back to all the action from last night going over every little thing that happened from start to finish and what I thought and how it will all contribute this Sunday's Extreme Rules. Who answered John Cena's United States championship open challenge this week? Did we get any updates on Paige and this weekend's divas championship match? All will be answered in today's post but first there a thew little things I have to go through and some reminders as usual. You would of seen by now that Extreme Rules prediction week has started here on my blog and the first prediction went up yesterday (the link to that will be bellow) and the second will be up later today. Two will be uploaded tomorrow. Also, because it is prediction week there will most likely be no Smackdown or NXT Review and reactions posts and there will defiantly be no top five superstars of the week. I know there was a lot I wanted to start doing this month but it just hasn't worked out at all. To start off with I was ill at the start of the month then I had some issues with my anxiety and a family member was hospitalised, it's just been a crazy month but everything, I promise, will get sorted in May. Next week I will be uploaded my top twenty matches of the month and top fifteen superstars of the month. I'd also like to know what you would like to see the month of May dedicated to so let me know before the end of April. I will link bellow any recent posts including this weeks RAW Predictions. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last night's show and what your predictions are for this Sundays Extreme Rules pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night's show kick started with the steel cage being lowered down to the ring, the steel cage that will be used in the one on one match between Randy Orton and Seth Rollins this Sunday for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. Kicking everything off was the challenger himself, the viper, Randy Orton. The first thing I noticed about Orton last night was the amount of hair on he's head...strange but true. The former champion, cut the opening promo, recapping what had happened during last weeks show in London England. The promo was well cut in true Orton style. He made it clear that he doesn't need the RKO to win this weekend and the stipulation of a steel cage match will work in he's favour thanks to he's experience and pure barbaric style. Let's face it guys, Orton gave us a nice little mental image of what exactly he was going to do to Rollins at Extreme Rules. The words of the veteran caught the attention of the champion who made he's presences known, also showcasing some mic work in he's own style. What I loved about this little segment was the chemistry between the two superstars. Everything from how they spoke to each other to how they looked at one another was just perfect. They could literally tell a story with their eyes. The tension was so clearly there, the heat was their, and in this single opening segment they managed to sell their match perfectly and for sure made me even more interested. I really liked this opening. It wasn't over done at all. It was a basic segment/promo that sold the pay per view and it's main event well. Nice start.

The first match of the night saw Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper go one on one. Once again, I don't have to sit hear and tell you how happy the fact that this match was going ahead made me. I've been saying throughout the past month that a feud between these two superstars makes a lot of sense. They have a great history witch goes beyond the WWE and that really does show when ever they share a ring together. Their styles are very similar but different enough to keep you entertained and gives out that unpredictability factor. You guys would of seen me complain quite a bit over the past week about the booking of Ambrose. I mean last week he competed against Adam Rose. Adam freaking Rose. When you have a superstar of Ambrose's level this type of booking isn't going to sit well, so it was nice to see them sort it out for a bit. Since the attack on Ambrose on Smackdown a thew weeks back, I've been saying that Harper and Ambrose should have a one on one at Extreme Rules so I was hopeing to hear that we would actually be getting it. I think whenever these two step in the ring with one another they just perform at such a high standard and when you give them a match with a barbaric stipulation these guys could easily steal any show. Throughout the European tour these two have been competing against each other quite a bit. The start of the match last night saw Harper take control of the match very early on, using he's weight/strength advantage to just that, but it wouldn't take long for the faster speed of Ambrose to take over. The two weren't going at it long before things went out into the crowd causing a count out end to the match, and the action would be dominated out side of the ring These guys really did show in a short about of time their hardcore style and gave us a little taster of just what they are capable of. I think we all knew this was not going to be a full length match and it was simply a little glimpse of what is to come this weekend at Extreme Rules. I liked this though, I think it worked and fitted into the show and build up well.

Tag team action next and the Lucha Dragons were set to take on the New Day to decide to will
challenge Tyson Kidd and Cesaro at Extreme Rules. You guys might have seen that recently I have been so impressed with the tag division. Since around Wrestlemania every team has just been brining it. The matches have been of a much much better quality, nothing seems over done or predicable. We've seen some new work and each team has been getting the build up they deserve and the right amount of TV time. Saying that I personally don't think there should of been a tag team championship match at Extreme Rules. There has been no build up for a tag team feud at all and instead of having a number one contenders match last night on RAW it should of taken place at the Extreme Rules pay per view it self with the wining team having a stare off with the champs after they won to kick start their feud for the next month or so. Just a personal idea. Anyway, I did feel like last nights tag match was a touch predicable (I do however think that lately what has been so good about the tag division is how unpredictable it has been) but I was looking forward to it because of the recent treatment of the tag division. I'm really enjoying seeing the New Day go down the heel root, I've said from the beginning that the New Day should be a heel team. Competing last night was Big E and Kofi Kingston witch made me a happy bunny considering I'm not the biggest Xavier Woods fan. I would of liked to have seen Kalisto compete in singles action last night just because he is yet to do so on the main roster but he does get more time in the ring than Sin Cara for all the obvious reason. The match last night was very fast paced, the action was literally none stop. The only time we would see things slow down a little was when Big E was in the ring. That's when we would see the power come into the match (see what I did there). It was then Big E made it he's personal goal to slow down the match and make it go at he's pace. Another thing I liked about this match was the aggression from Kofi, witch is something new but I liked it.When it comes to who was most over with the crowd, no shadow of a doubt it was Kalisto, everything this guy did was gold last night and went down a treat with everyone. I was very very surprised with the ending, and it was a kind of bite in the ass moment for me. I was one hundred per cent predicting that the Lucha dragons where going to win but instead after cheating the New day walked away the winners. Now, that it is what I mean by unpredictability in the tag divsion. Really good move by creative and this allows the Lucha Dragons more time to grow before getting in the title picture. After the match we got a couple of RKO's out of nowhere. Enjoyed the match and enjoyed the ending.

The attention then turnt to what took place during last weeks RAW in London show when the Big Show hit a choke slam on Roman Reigns on the top of a British Taxi. You will see later on in the week in my Extreme Rules prediction post that I have mentioned that I do think the WWE have done a good job in making their feud far more entertaining and interesting over the past week. Now, don't get me wrong, you will never see me jumping up and down with excitement over a feud between these two at all but you have to credit creative for turning this whole thing around a little in time for the pay per view this Sunday. I'm still bored of the Big Show though. I think making their Extreme Rules match a last man standing match makes things very interesting and really does shake things up a little. This will be Roman's night to really turn things around.I think the WWE are doing the right things with him at the moment and if they carry on going in this direction then he could easily be more than ready to be champion this time next year or slightly earlier. Later on in the show we did see an appearance from Roman Reigns himself as he addressed what happened during last weeks show. But we didn't really see that at all instead he called out the Big Show but got Bo Dallas instead. Yes you guessed it right, this made me very happy, even though I thought it was lame way to put Roman Over.

Other matches to take place last night included a quick one between Fandango and Curtis Axel. I'm not gonna lie, this match made me way too happy. I've been loving Axel's work since after the Royal Rumble and the fact that we get to Fandango again just puts a huge smile on my face and talking of Fandango he walked away with the win. Triple H also had a "huge" announcement regarding the new series of Tough Enough. I am a Tough Enough fan, one hundred per cent but I do have to agree with my friend Jamie and say that with NXT around it just seems pointless brining the show back. Hunter did however make me super pumped for the new season. There was then the arrival of Kane who told Triple H he was giving him he's two weeks notice. I have to admit I freaking loved seeing Kane loose he's shit and get in the face of Seth Rollins. Then there was another added twist to the main event of Extreme Rules when Triple H made Kane the Gatekeeper of the main event, steel cage match. Later on in the night Sheamus borough kicked Zack Ryder and gave him a nice little beat down, witch I thought was a nice little touch to the night and I liked how this whole part of the show pushed Sheamus as a strong heel. The surprise attack from Ziggler I liked also.

Divas action next and we saw Naomi debut a new image as she went one on one with Brie Bella. We also learnt prior to this match that at Extreme Rules it will be Naomi VS Nikki Bella for the Divas Championship  as Paige, the original number one contender will be out of action until further notice due to injuries sustained from the beat down last week in RAW London. To be honest Naomi should of been the number one contender in the first place but I like how her heel turn was done and the way it has been put together. I'm really liking the new image and attitude from Naomi and I have really enjoyed seeing what Naomi can do on the mic because it's pretty impressive. Last night, we saw Naomi really take control of the match very early on, forcing things to go at her pace. Brie did get a fair amount of offence, but this match was one hundred percent all about Naomi just like what this whole month has been about. She has literally been on fire throughout the month of April. I really loved seeing  very aggressive side to Naomi and you could still tell she was holding back. It was very one sided match and because they were both heels it was difficult to get behind one more than the other, however it did appear the Brie was working as the face. Another thing I have to mention is the crowd respect. Last night didn't bring us the best crowd ever but they were so behind the girls last night and their match and they did get a fair amount of time in the ring.

Up next, John Cena and he's open challenge and last night answering the challenge was to my surprise, Kane. I was not expecting Kane to awnser the challenge this week at all, I more so had Erick Rowan in mind. I was not looking forward to this match at all and by this time of the night I was really tired and so I wasn't paying as much attention. From what I did see, Kane spent most of the time in control, dominating the match from the start with Cena getting very little offence and when he did Kane would quickly destroy any momentum he had going. But of course, in the end Cena got the typical Cena win to retain the United States championship.
There was then the one on one match between The Miz and Damien Mizdow with the winner earning the right to the Miz brand. In my opinion I thought this match was a good idea but for me, being huge Damien fan I only wanted it to go in one way. I am really liking the addition of Summer Rae who we would see turn on Damien to take the side of the Miz. So we have yet another diva heel. How many baby faces divas do we even have any more? Anyway, after the match the Miz was the latest to receive an RKO. I'm a little worried as to what will be next for Damien, I'm just hopeing they have something half decent for him. Ryback also got a win over Adam Rose.

Finally, it was main event time and as announced earlier in the show we were getting the match we were suppose to have gotten last week, a match that we were all set to enjoy, Dolph Ziggler VS The WWE World Heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins. I was really glad this march was going ahead. These guys have a great history in the ring together and you know that they will always bring it, putting on the best match possible. They compliment each other so well in the ring and the action is always fast paced and exciting between these two. Last night's match saw Rollins take control from the beginning getting an early dominate performance but it wouldn't take too long for Ziggler to use
the momentum of the crowd to get him going. One thing that became apparent about this match very early on was how physical and fast paced it was, just how I predicted it would be. Throughout the match I had a huge smile on my face and that was mainly because I was so happy to see something different. The main RAW events are always so predicable, so boring and are always pretty much the same. It was really nice to see Ziggler in the main event and to just have a nice, simple, one on one match. Rollins did spend a good chunk of the match in control. Taking control of the speed of the match really well. He spent a lot of time trying to wear down Ziggler, taking out all of he's energy but this Dolph Ziggler and he almost always had something up he's sleeve that would allow him to turn things around a little. I liked how little J&J got involved. There was far less attention on them and it was really nice to just see Ziggler and Rollins go at it. The one thing I really liked was the ending. We saw Sheamus come down to the ring and distract Dolph Ziggler, allowing Rollins to get the win. We should mention that he never used the Curb Stomp last night so it looks like the rumours could be true. I will be doing a post this week on why Sheamus should join the Authority so look out for that post in the next week. Really enjoyed this main event, really well put together.

After the main event match we saw a Rollins have a thew words for the WWE universe, Randy Orton and Kane and he did think he was being smart when he had the steel cage lowered down but little did he know that Orton was already in their waiting for him and hitting him with an awesome RKO to end the show.

Let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Extreme Rules Predictions: Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler
RAW Predictions

Comments

Popular Posts