Top 5 Superstars of the week

Hello everyone, I hope your all well and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. I know, I know, it's been a while since I last uploaded a blog post. Since Monday I have been really really unwell and have been stuck in my bed literally unable to do a thing. You would of seen that this week's RAW Predictions went up on Monday but that was simply because I pre did the post on Sunday witch is what I do now anyway, so that's why that went up; but this week I haven't uploaded anything since and that includes no Review and Reactions for RAW, Smackdown, NXT, Superstars and Main event, and I know this week was suppose to be the week I get back on track, fail. However, I did watch all the shows this week and I'm full up to date (almost) and so I decided I will make my little comeback with this week's top five superstars of the week, witch is one of my favourite posts to do. You will see this week, that the list is dominated by NXT talent simply because it has been a very NXT week witch I'm sure you will all agree with. This week was a major step back but now I'm feeling much much better I'm ready to get all back on track and sort everything out and carry on with April. Still to come this month is my Extreme Rules predictions will start to be shaping up next week and will start to go up on the week of the actual pay per view. I will link bellow last weeks blog post so you can stay up to date on all my posts and I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

5) Sheamus
Kicking of this week's top five superstars of the week is last weeks number one, Sheamus. I will link bellow last weeks top five witch will explain in full why Sheamus found himself making home at the top spot. This week however, he might not be at the top for a second week but he has defiantly done enough to stay in the list for a second week and this time at number five. Since returning to action Sheamus has been on fire and he's on week two. He has dominated the roster and made he's presence known. The new image and attitude has gone down a treat and he continues to prove that heel Sheamus is best Sheamus. On RAW the Celtic Warrior cut a little promo witch I did actually like. I really am a fan of this whole "real mane" image. Picking apart the pieces of the underdogs and smaller men in the company. The promo was shortly interrupted by a man who is far from small, former rival of Sheamus', Mark Henry. We all know these guys have some history, it was actually Sheamus' feud with Henry back in two thousand and eleven (I believe) witch saw him turn baby face. The match itself was shirt lived but did a good job in making Sheamus look strong and giving him the extra little push he needed upon he's return. That's one more win on he's side. Then on Smackdown he and Barrett highlighted their actions against Daniel Bryan that took place the previous week and would make an alliance with the Big Show to main event. The main event was one of the best matches of the week and I think it's more than safe to say that out of everyone on he's team Sheamus was in the ring the most and really did dominate and keep the attention on him. Another great performance and even though he wasn't on the winning team (witch I hated) he had a strong performance and was enough to stay in this weeks top five of the week.

4) Randy Orton
Up next, is the now, number one contender for the Seth Rollins' WWE World Heavyweight championship, Randy Orton. Orton may now have appeared on Smackdown this week (again) but he was the man of this weeks Monday night RAW. From start to finish Orton was made the centre of attention of the show. Kicking things off it was announced that Orton would take on Kane in the first match of the night and would later on, main event in a triple threat match against Ryback and Roman Reigns with the winner facing Seth Rollins for the championship at Extreme Rules in a thew weeks time. The first match of the night, when he did take on Kane wasn't the worse match ever. You guys all know how I feel about the predictability and same on same old matches on RAW in particular and this was one of those matches. I'm beyond bored of seeing these guys compete against one another but I cant complain too much. The match was short lived and wasn't all that bad. Orton had a good showing despite the ridiculous ending witch still gave him the win allowing him to compete in the main event. Once again, the main event was another one of those matches witch were just too same old same old and the fact I was ill didn't make things better either. But I did enjoy the match and it wasn't as predicable. We all knew that either Orton or Reigns would be winning but it was hard to choose witch on so that was a nice little touch. Orton was the man I was keeping my eyes on and kept me entertained and in the end he did get the win and is now the number one contender.

3) Finn Balor 
At number three this week is NXT star, Finn Balor. This has been yet another great week for Balor, but then again when isn't it? This weeks edition of NXT was a special one, as we got the recorded  NXT show witch saw four matches from the tournament to determine the NXT superstar who would compete in the second annual Andre the giant memorial battle royal. I loved this addition of NXT and I'm so glad they showed it in the first place. We got four great matches and this was probably my favourite episodes of NXT this year to date and Finn Balor played a huge role on the night. He's first match in the episode was against Tyler Breeze. This match was the shortest of the night but what really got my attention was even though this was one of the shortest matches of the week it was still able to be one of the best. These guy's proved that it doesn't matter how much time they get to compete in the middle of any ring, they can put on a great match and can entertain an entire crowd, and they really did do just that. Balor, dominated pretty much most of this match and picked up a clean, strong, victory. He then main evented, taking on Hideo Itami. We all know how talented both these superstars are and they do have a strong strong history of great matches in NXT alone so I don't think there was anyone who was not interested in this match at all. From start to finish it was an amazing amazing match up and Balor just had yet another outstanding performance. He may not have won the match but he brought the character and unpredictability to it all. He most probably had one of he's best performances in an NXT ring to date.

2) Hideo Itami
Coming in at number two this week and just missing out on the number one spot, is another NXT star, Hideo Itami. Once again, yet another great great week for Hideo Itami and yet again, when isn't it a great week for Hideo. As I just mentioned this weeks edition of NXT was a special one, as we got the recorded  NXT show witch saw four matches from the tournament to determine the NXT superstar who would compete in the second annual Andre the giant memorial battle royal. It's plain and simple, Hideo Itami was the man of the show this week. NXT this week was all about Hideo and I loved it. I along with many many others am a huge huge fan of Hideo Itami and I really enjoyed watching him take centre stage and have he's moment. Opening the show, he had an outstanding match against former NXT Champion, Adrian Neville, a match that is defiantly going in the list one of my favourite matches of the year so far, I've already re-watched it about four times. Everything about it was so well done, so gripping, so entertaining and Hideo made it clear he may not have been champion yet but he will be and he is one of the best of the best. Getting the win he then main evented the show taking on another best of the best superstar in Finn Balor. This is what we all want in a main event. Itami had a great showing taking control of this match and really bringing something new and exiting. The energy brought by Hideo in this match was insane and he more than deserved the win. Two extremely strong matches and wins this week puts Hideo Itami in this weeks top five.

1) Adrian Neville
Finally, this week's superstar of the week is the longest reigning NXT Champion in history  and
newly RAW debuted , Adrian Neville. When it comes to good weeks Neville has gone as far as you can go. Kick starting the week on RAW he took on the WWE World Heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins in one of he's biggest matches to date. putting Neville in a match with the champion was a huge huge deal and huge showing of the respect and belief the WWE have in him and he really did do well and proved them right. This was by far one of the best matches of the week and probably the match of the night this week on RAW. He had a really really strong showing despite not getting the win and now that he has scored he's first loss the ice has been broken now and what he can do on the roster is much wider now. This match alone proves that Neville is highly thought of in the WWE and he's main roster future is very very bright. He then had another outstanding match when he went one on one with Hideo Itami  in this weeks edition of NXT and on Smackdown he got yet another win when he took on Curtis Axel. All of this has resulted in Adrian Neville being this weeks superstar of the week.


Comments

Popular Posts