Extreme Rules Predictions: Daniel Bryan VS Bad News Barrett

Intercontinental Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

So it's Wednesday, day three in my Extreme Rules predictions ad it's time to take a look at another championship match and this time it comes from the first pay per view title defence from Daniel Bryan as he take son five time Intercontinental champion, Bad News Barrett for the title this Sunday at Extreme Rules live on the WWE network. Will Bryan have a successful title defence? How far will Barrett go to become a six time IC champion? And will we see a title change? Today I'm going to be answering all those questions. In today's blog post I'm going to take you back to their Wrestlemania brawl by inserting what I wrote about their match in my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post, then I'm going to take you through what both superstars have been up to for the past month and finally make my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get started.

Content from Wrestlemania Review and Reactions - "Opening the show was a performance from Aloe Blacc. I'll be honest I don't really have a comment on this but it's just what comes with Wrestlemania. The first match of the night was the match I was convinced was going to steal the show, the Intercontinental ladder match witch would see Bad News Barrett defend the championship against Daniel Bryan, Stardust, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and R-truth. I and everyone else had high high expectations for this match, it consisted of some of the best of the best and was truly an all star match. Plus if you look back at Wrestlemania ladder match history, it looks pretty freaking amazing. Very early on it was Ambrose who made himself centre of attention as did Stardust and Harper. Harper doing a suicide dive will never get old in my opinion. The crowd were very split between Ambrose,Bryan, and Ziggler throughout the match and they stayed as the top guys of the match throughout. Stardust played he's role as one of the bigger heels in the match and was strangely extremely barbaric and was a big big stand out. Harper did me very proud also. He maintained a dominate figure throughout and really proved he was at home in this stipulation. One of the best moments of the night was the superplex from the top of the ladder from Barrett to Stardust. When Ambrose was taken out it became all about Bryan and Ziggler and in the end Bryan left the winner. I wasn't angry about it at all. This was an outstanding match but Luke Harper was the stand out of this match for me. I could of watch this go on for an hour or more. It lived up to the expiations one hundred per cent, Great way to kick off the show."

Since Wrestlemania Bad News Barrett has been on a role. He's kind of discreetly been standing out if that makes sense. He hasn't been thrown in our faces but he has competed in some great matches and has been standing out for all the right reasons. The night after Wrestlemania he took to the announce table to watch Bryan's first title defence and then Thursday on Smackdown of that week he was also on the commentary team, and can I just say this again (I know I've gone on about it enough over the past couple of week) that Barrett is just amazing on commentary. It's not an easy job at all but he did such a good job in actually calling the match, talking about/plugging the WWE network, pushing he's feud, pushing himself and Daniel Bryan while still be entertaining. Seriously, if he does not become a commentator when he's wrestling career comes to an end I will be extremely disappointed because this guy can talk and it was he's commentary that stopped me from muting my TV, I was really surprised by just how well he was doing, he wasn't just sitting their making himself sound good and bad mouthing Bryan, he was actually calling the match and showing Cole, Booker, and JBL how to do their jobs. After the match of course we had he's little beat down until Sheamus stole the spotlight, but I'll go into all of that little later. He's role on Smackdown of that week during the closing moments of the Sheamus/Daniel Bryan match was so vital. He was able to keep the spotlight on him and have everyone talking about him when he wasn't even in the match. Hitting the bull hammer on Bryan out of nowhere to give him a count out loss brought that extra heat to their feud and really carried on pushing him as a top heel. He also did a great interview with WWE.com and I will link that exact interview bellow witch also helped push their feud and match. He of course then had that outstanding six man tag team match when he teamed up Sheamus and the Big show taking on Bryan, Ziggler and Roman Reigns where he had another strong performance and then the following week on RAW in he's home country of England he took on John Cena in yet another great match. So when it comes to momentum Barrett is on a high. He may not have won all the matches he participated in but fresh from the UK tour and all the great showings he's had he really is on a high and it's been a great month for him.

Then we have the champ, Daniel Bryan. Bryan has had a great year this year so far and becoming the Intercontinental champion has really given him a place on the roster and something to really set him apart. At first I was a little unsure if him being the champ would work and I was annoyed Ambrose didn't leave Mania as the IC champion, but I'm over it now and I do think that putting the title on Bryan helps the championship. Just like with the United states title, him he holding it brings back importance, prestige to it something it hasn't had in a long time. The night after Wrestlemania Bryan had he's first title defence against Dolph Ziggler and it was of course an amazing match living up to the expectations. Bryan looked great throughout  the match and in the end he did pick up a really strong win. After suffering the beat down from Sheamus the two then went one on one that Thursday on Smackdown. This was by far one of my favourite matches of the year, I really did enjoy this match and Bryan had a really good showing despite no getting the win and the progress in the feud between him and Barrett was really good at the end of the match also. 
What I've really enjoyed about this feud is that it hasn't been over done and it has bee thrown in out faces but it still managed to be my current favourite feud on the main roster. The wrestling and involvement of Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus has added so much more it and I've been so entertained, I'm actually looking forward to this match more than any other on the card. I did originally really want this to be a fatal four way adding Ziggler and Sheamus to the mix but I have really grown to like the idea of a basic one on one match between two great superstars. I do think this will be Barrett's best match to date. Give these guys around fifteen minuets and their having the match of the night. I'd like to see a nice clean ending after really strong match. I predict Barrett will have a strong strong showing and really have dominate run throughout but in the end this will be Bryan's win, there's no way he's dropping the title just yet. This could easily be a match of the year quality match and I have high expectations. It's possible we could get an attack from Sheamus at the end of the match depending on what the plans for him are for the next couple months.

Comments

Popular Posts