Extreme Rules Predictions: Roman Reigns VS Big Show

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

So we have reached day four in my Extreme Rules predictions and it's time to take a look at another match that does not involve a championship and a match I'm not looking forward too that much, Roman Reigns VS The Big Show. Now, I'm always sitting her typing away at how much I hate the work between Reigns and the big show and I will get into more detail later on in the post as to why, yes again, but I am looking forward to this match way way way more than I originally thought. This match will still be my piss break however. Fine, I'll cut them some slack. The build up hasn't been all that bad and the WWE have somehow managed to turn things around a little and have actually manage to make it much more interesting or at least entertaining, now that they have a solid foundation to work from. But who will leave Extreme Rules as the winner? Will the Big show prove once again he is the greatest giant in WWE history? Or will Roman Reigns prove "he can and he will"? Heck, will the match even be a good one. Well today I'm going to be answering all those questions. In today's blog post I'm going to take you back to their Wrestlemania brawl by inserting what I wrote about their match in my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post, then I'm going to take you through what both superstars have been up to for the past month and finally make my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get started.

Roman Reigns'  Wrestlemania match - Content from Wrestlemania Review and Reaction- Finally, it was time for the big one, the main event, Brock Lesnar was set to defend the WWE World Heavyweight championship against one of the most controversial superstars in the WWE, Roman Reigns. You guys all know that I wasn't really looking forward to this match at all but thanks to Paul Heyman, I was looking much more forward to it then I was a month ago. The live crowd did not go easy on Reigns at all last night and I have to admit I did feel a little bad for him. At the end of the day, he is doing what he loves to do, he's doing what puts food on the plates of he's family, and to be fair it's not he's fault he is being pushed so early on he's career, it's not he'y fault he is being pushed when he's not ready, its all down to Vince and creative. The start of this match was one hundred per cent Brock Lesnar. He dominated this match in typical Lesnar style. Literally Reigns had next to no offence at all. The longer the match went on, the better it got and I did really get into it. Then out of nowhere Reigns manage to get back on top of things but just as he was closing in on the win Seth Rollins came out with the money in the bank briefcase and cashed in! Literally the best moment of my life and the biggest mark out moment of the night from me. Rollins becoming the new WWE World Heavyweight champion was the best moment of the night.In my opinion, Rollins had the best cash in in history.

Since Reigns returned from action late last year after taking time out for several months he was thrown right into the spotlight and he's big push really did kick start. For months the WWE spent time trying to make Reigns look strong and the one superstar they used to really do so was in fact the Big Show. Now, I will get into the history between these two later on in the post so let's fast forward to the Royal Rumble. I think the WWE were convinced that come the Royal Rumble Reigns would be ready but he just wasn't and the fans knew that. He literally got one of the worse reactions I have heard in a very very long time. From the moment he's music hit to the moment he won the crowd and everyone online went to town on him and everyone let their voices be heard and they wanted the WWE to know they weren't happy about him winning the Rumble and they could see right through him. Roman Reigns was not ready main event Wrestlemania. The backlash this got was just insane, with people actually cancelling their network subscription. The anger from the fans was something that not even the WWE could ignore and so they used that to build a strong storyline leading up to Wrestlemania. With only under two months to change opinions around and make the main event for the biggest event of the year worth even watching, the company spent a lot of time trying to build up Reigns and forced him to show some serious improvements. In my opinion the harsh crowd/fan reaction was a kick up the ass for Reigns. It left him with no choice but to seriously up he's game and change he's approach completely. This whole thing really did prove how much power the fans have but it also proves just how much the WWE don't understand the fans either. I recently watched John Cena's interview with Chris Jericho and he brought up how the fans ask for something new and when we get something new we're still pretty pissed off. The reality of it is is that we do want something knew. He raised a good point in that there will always be a top guy, it's just the way the WWE works. We want something new but Roman is just new face with the same old shit. When we say we want something new in the top guy we mean someone like Ambrose, Rollins, Zayn, Bryan, or Ziggler. What Roman proved before and at the Royal Rumble pay per view is that he simply was not ready, he wasn't strong on the mic, he wasn't strong wrestler, and he lacked charisma, yet this was the guy who was main eventing the biggest event of the year.  That's why we were so angry. But as I said, he did start to turn things around and we saw small but effective improvements when he cut promos and he began to really work on Roman Reigns the character. At the Fastlane pay per view we saw a huge change in he's wrestling ability. Bryan may have carried most of the match but this was by far Reigns best singles match to date. It was in this match I started to believe in him a little more because he made us believe in him. From then on we saw some decent work but he's booking leading up to Mania was weak and repetitive and very predicable. Sine Wrestlemania, Reigns has been all over the place. It's obvious that the WWE till have plans on making Reigns the next best thing but I think now it's about slowing down the process and not rushing him so much. I will be the first to admit that the work between him and the Big Show has bored me to death. I think it's way too predicable and the fact these two have been at it since November/December of last year is just insane. No wonder why we're all so bored of it. I do think that the WWE have done a good job in adding some interest but it's a very predicable feud. I understand the WWE want to make Roman look strong but when you continuous use the "giant" of the company to put him over it because boring and stale. Can you really use the big guy to put over new talent?

Then we have the Big Show. Oh, where do I even begin? I don't think the booking of any superstar on the entire roster has pissed me off more over the past year than the Big Show. I know I'm going to sound really harsh in this section of the blog post but there really is no nice way of phrasing what I need to say. Now, I have a huge problem with young, new, fresh talent getting buried by much much older superstars. Over the past year the Big Show has received this huge push out of nowhere and I hate it. There ha seen so much attention on him that could of been used else where and it really frustrates me. One of the things that angered me the most was the feud between show and Erick Rowan. You guys all know just how much I love Erick Rowan, I don't need to sit here and go into that at all. I do honestly think that this feud could of worked and it would of been the best way to put over Erick Rowan, a much younger, new, fresh talent, and set him off in the right direction. But what so the WWE do instead? They have Rowan loose three matches straight against a man that most likely wont even be Wrestling this time next year. Nothing, and I mean nothing, made me more angry than this. Since the Survivor Series pay per view the Big show has just been on some massive role and he's push makes next to no sense. Now, the only way I can justify any of this is that Show is most likely to retire within the next year and the company are trying to do their best to portray him as the best giant in WWE history and cement him as a true hall of famer. That is literally the only reason I can think of that makes he's push make any sense at all. When we look at what he has done since Wrestlemania he's been a heck of a lot of the bigger matches and has main evented several Raw and Smackdown shows. The feud between him and Reigns has been going on for a while and there is next to no interest what so ever, but as I said the WWE have done a good job in adding some kind of reason to be entertained. The two do have some kind of, not the strongest, chemistry and that's because they have met in the ring so many times before.

This feud will never be the best on the roster. It just won't be, not when you look at the others going on and you pay attention to just how strong this Sunday's card is, but the WWE have somehow managed to make this feud far more interesting and entertaining than it was. They really have managed to found a solid foundation and built a storyline that makes some kind of sense. It's become, once again, all about Reigns proving he can and he will. They have spent time building up the big show as the greatest giant in WWE history and have done a good job in making him look strong and dominate while also doing the same for Reigns. The turning point has to be at the RAW London show when Show choke slammed Reigns into a British taxi. It was then that there was a whole new feel to the match and felt much more entertains. Yes, this is a very repetitive, very predicable feud but there's just something that is making me think, I might be able to get through it. I do think that this feud is all about Roman Reigns. It's about making him look strong and putting him over. I think the company have made a good move in keeping Reigns out of the title picture for a while and let him grow, building him up so he's ready to be champion later in the year. But it does mean that Roman is under a lot of pressure to prove that he will be ready later on. I think the match will be fairly split
with Roman dominating when he can. It will be a very slow paced match, as soon as Show is in control he will be making things go at he's pace. It's likely to get a harsh reaction from the crowd. I doubt very much it will be match of the night, far from it, but it might just surprise us a little. We can expect Roman to pull something big out that will make him look really strong. In my opinion this match could be won by either one of them, it just comes down to how long they plan on having this feud go on. I'm saying Roman's getting the win just because it seems most likely and he needs something to bounce back from. However I would rather see the Big Show win, witch I know contradicts what I have just said, but I think storyline wise it would be best and would make everything more exciting.

But what do you think?Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts