RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! So it's Monday all over again witch means its time for my RAW predictions and with it being the official go home show for the Extreme Rules pay per view, taking place this Sunday, there is a lot to get through. Last week the WWE were in the United Kingdom and we were treated to some actually pretty good shows. I particularly enjoyed RAW last Monday, I don't know if it was because I was more awake throughout the show, or because it was in London, or what but I really did enjoy the show and I enjoyed writing about it also. But now that RAW is back in the US what can we expect in tonight's go home show? Well everything will focus around the final build up of Extreme Rules. That includes announcing any other matches, touching up on feuds/storyline's, and adding anything to anything that needs it. I'll be going into more detail alter on in the post in what I think we will see happen in each feud tonight but before we get into the actual post their are a few little reminders for you. First of all, Extreme Rules prediction week. Prediction week has already started, you would of seen today that the first prediction post went up and I will have that linked bellow so you can go and check it out if you haven't already done so. These will be going up every day right up until Saturday. On Sunday I will be live tweeting throughout Extreme Rules using the hash tag #ExtremeRules . Last week you would of seen I didn't upload as many post, there was no Smackdown review and Reactions and no top five, and I am really sorry about that I've been having some problems with my anxiety. Unfortunately this week there will be no NXT or Smackdown Review and Reactions or top five because it's Prediction week. Next week I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the week and top fifteen Superstars of the week. I will link bellow any recent posts and the links to my social media will also be bellow. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This week I'm starting things a little differently by talking about the divas division first. Last week we saw quiet a lot go on in divas division, from a heel turn, to a return , to one diva coming out of action for a while. During the RAW London show we saw a divas battle royal to determine the number one contender for the a shot at Nikki Bella and the divas championship witch saw Paige come up on top, eliminating Naomi to become the number one contender in her home country. After the match, during an interview with Byron Saxton we saw Naomi have a rather huge heel turn attacking Paige witch we would later find out would leave her out of action until further notice. This was suppose to have been done so that Paige could go and film for a movie. Later on in the night Naomi cut what was actually a pretty great promo backstage witch I still find myself going back on ad re-watching because I never knew she had those type of mic skills. I'm still not one hundred percent sure on the heel turn. I think it's just going to take some getting used to. Apparently, Naomi debuted a new entrance theme during a live show last week so if she is in action tonight, witch seems likely, then we should be hearing that tonight. I'm also not really sure what's going on with the divas championship match for Extreme Rules. Paige VS Nikki is still being advertised for the show on WWE.com, so maybe Paige will be back in time to compete. I'm not sure, but I haven't written a prediction post for the match just yet. Last week on Main event we also saw Layla return to action in her home crowd, returning as a heel. One thing I have realised over the week is that the WWE have way too many heel divas. With Paige out we only have Summer Rae and Emma working as baby faces on the main roster so we either need to start seeing some turns or debuts. Because there are so many heels it's hard to predict what will go one tonight. If Nikki is competing this weekend she needs some momentum. It's been a while since we have seen her in a one on one match and with Summer Rae having her own little thing going on with the Miz and Damien Mizdow it's more likely we will see her take on Emma in a little match to put Nikki over in time for the pay per view. I would like to see Naomi in action also tonight but who her opponent would be, I have no idea. We have also been seeing Cameron getting a little push over the past thew weeks on Smackdown so maybe their trying to go somewhere with that. Also in divas "news", Eva Marie has been showing some huge improvements in the ring, as she has shown in recent instagram posts. And Tamina Snuka has been backstage at several shows over the past couple of weeks. What will take place Sunday for the title will be made clear tonight, and we could expect some Bella mic work.

Another thing that has been putting a huge smile on my face over the past week is the treatment of the current tag team champions. We have seen some huge improvements in the tag division as a whole over the past month or so witch makes me very very happy. Last week we saw the champs, Tyson Kidd and Cesaro, used very very well both on RAW and Smackdown. On Monday we first saw Cesaro compete in singles competition then we saw them compete together in a handicap match against Randy Orton, where the match was far better than I thought it was going to be. Then on Thursday on Smackdown the two competed in tag team action against the team of United States champion John Cena and Intercontinental champion, Daniel Bryan, in yet another great match. This was such a great main event, one that I really enjoyed and one that was much different to what we usually see. There was an awkward moment or should I say moment's between Natalya and the tag team champs witch I'm sure will either carry on tonight or will be addressed tonight. In my opinion I want to see this tag team push continue. That means, seeing Cesaro and Kidd in more main event matches on RAW too, being involved in bigger matches and all round seeing something different because it works and it's effective. Plus, on top of that, while the champs are off doing bigger things, the other tag teams are getting the push they need and getting the attention they deserve. At the moment we are seeing a lot of the Lucha Dragons and the New Day, both teams who are getting closer to the championship picture. I don't think we will be seeing a tag team match for the titles at Extreme Rules. There's been no build up and there's no need for it at the moment. They might squeeze in a tag match on the kick off show or a small one if there's time on the actual main show but I can't see a title match being announced tonight. We are likely to see the Lucha Dragons in action tonight. It would be really nice to see the New Day and the Lucha Dragons compete tonight either in tag team action or for Kalisto to have he's first singles match on the main roster against a new day member. Kalisto and Kofi could easily blow our minds away. Finally, we learnt last week that Jey Uso will be out of action for six months due to an injury, how they use Jimmy should be interesting.

Up next, let's take a look at the United States and Intercontinental championship picture. First of all United States. Since the night after Wrestlemania we have seen John Cena set an open challenge week after week on Monday night RAW and each one of those matches have been of a high standard. I will admit, I wasn't expecting to enjoy these open challenges and the matches but they have been so so good that I actually don't have a bad word to say. I spoke about them a lot in last weeks RAW Review and Reactions post witch will be linked bellow. With he's match against Rusev fastly approaching I think tonight it's all about adding the final touches to that. I also mentioned last week, that I was happy to see creative not go over the top with the build up with this feud. It's been nice seeing them both go off and do their own thing, building momentum in time for Extreme Rules while still colliding every now and then. The fact they have been feuding since February means there was no reason for heavy build up. Tonight, I do think there needs to be one final little thing between the two before they collide this weekend. Maybe Cena could do he's open challenge and the match could be interrupted by Rusev. Talking of Rusev he did pick up a huge win last week in a great match against Dolph Ziggler on Main Event so he's not lacking in the momentum department.

Moving on the the Intercontinental championship and there is a lot of great stuff going on there. Both Bad News Barrett and Daniel Bryan have been on fire over the past month let alone week. Last week when RAW was in Barrett's home country he first took on John Cena in a great match for the United States championship. He may not have won the match but he had a great showing and opened the show perfectly. He regained some momentum Thursday on Smackdown when he got a quick win against The Miz. I found this some odd booking but it was a nice, quick and easy way for him to get a win and some momentum. Tonight I'd really like to see both Barrett and Bryan in action. I said it in last weeks prediction post but I really would like to see the match that we was suppose to get a thew
weeks back, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler VS Sheamus and Bad News Barrett. I think the booking would make sense and the match would go down a treat. We really do need to see the best of Barrett in heel mode tonight. As I mentioned Sheamus and Ziggler I might as well make their predictions for tonight. Same as Bryan and Barrett, I'd love to see the tag match tonight, I think the booking makes sense from all four superstars.

Other things we can expect tonight include a match between Luke Harper and Dean Ambrose for Extreme Rules announced, another match to put Bray Wyatt over or a mini promo from him. We could also potentially get a date for Charlotte's main roster debut, I would also really like to see Neville in action tonight. The tensions between Roman Reigns and Big Show will continue, as Roman Reigns will be on the search for redemption and momentum. The most likely main event will be Roman Reigns and Randy Orton VS The Big Show and Seth Rollins. Tonight we can expect more tensions building up between Seth Rollins and the other Authority members, I will have a post on this within the next couple of weeks.

Let me know what your predictions are for tonight and Extreme Rules by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Extreme Rules Predictions: Sheamus VS Dolph Ziggler

Comments

Popular Posts