NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World I hope you are all well today. It's Thursday and I'm back today with your NXT Review and Reactions of the week. Last night was a very busy night witch included a debut, an appearance from a persona favourite, and a killer main event so there is a lot to get through tonight. I am trying really hard to make sure that my Review and Reactions posts are going up weekly especially for RAW, Smackdown, and NXT. I am going to try and start paying attention to writing up TNA, Superstars, and Main Event Review and Reactions posts, I'm just a little busy at the moment and I still am trying to work out a good upload date so do let me know what days you think would  be best for these posts to go up.  Before I get into today's blog post there are just a thew little reminders for you. First of all, next Monday my Extreme Rules prediction weeks will begin with the first post going up in the morning witch will be followed by my RAW predictions, I've already started pre posting those so half of them are already ready. Because it is prediction week next week it means that the upload schedule will be a little all over the place and a lot of usual blog post will not going be up. Two that will defiantly be uploaded include my RAW Predictions and RAW Review and Reactions.  I would also really love to know what series you like to see next month, so let me know before the end of April. My top twenty matches and top fifteen superstars of the week will be uploaded the week after Extreme Rules. I will link bellow any recent blog post including this weeks RAW Review and reactions. And finally, you can let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Kick starting the show was a one on one match up between CJ Parker and Solomon Crowe. So, we all know that Parker is no longer with WWE and NXT is a pre recorded to show so that's why we saw this match last night, but I have to admit it did make me miss CJ and feel little down at the fact he's no longer apart of the company, but he did some great things whilest he was there when it comes to putting over some of the new guys that would freshly make their way up to the main roster and he's gimmick was pretty cool and well annoying. I just hope now, that he is happy in what he is is doing. Anyway, last night one of those men he put over took him on once again, and that man was one of my favourite superstars around right now, Solomon Crowe. If your not all that familiar with Solomon's work then I advice you to seriously go check him out. Just Google Sami Callihan and you may just be pretty amazed. I'm sure a lot of the work you will find will be from when he worked with Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley). I've written a thew posts mentioned Crowe before and I will try and link some of those bellow so you can go and check some of those out and get an idea of where I think the WWE will go with him. Back to last night, and I originally thought that this was going to be a very predicable, very one sided affair but it really wasn't and I ended up enjoying this match a lot more than I thought. It wasn't the longest of matches but we got to see enough of both of them and more importantly more of Solomon Crowe. What Solomon showed last night was much more diversity in he's move set and he came across very unique, very eccentric, and I really like that. Just like Dean Ambrose he has that unpredictability factor and he keeps you entertained through he's character. We saw Parker get a fair amount of offence and we also got a very split crowd witch was a really nice touch and I wasn't expecting that at all. In the closing moments we saw Crowe pick up he's first submission win on NXT TV. The build up of Solomon Crowe can really begin now and he did say a thew words at the end of the match, one things for sure, he's very comfortable on the mic and some of us already know how great of a speaker he is.

Up next, Baron Corbin was in action and last night we saw him go one on one with Steve Culter. Plain and simple, this was another squash match. Now, I did upload a post yesterday explaining why I think Baron Corbin could be the next NXT champion and I will link that blog post bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. I will admit I'm getting bored of the squash matches and I do think it's time for Corbin to really step it up a notch. We've seen how he works in feuds and he did a great job with Bull Dempsey, now we need to see the next level. It's all about building him up as a bigger superstar on the roster and start challenging him a lot more. He's already lost a match on NXT TV so there's no ice to break. I do think if the WWE really focus on Corbin over the summer he could be champion by the end of the year, give him the right build up and he's got this. Last night he received a strong crowd reaction and another impressive win.

Tag team action next as Enzo Amore and Big Cas took on Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton. Before this match we got a great little promo from Enzo witch really did put me in a good mood. Enzo has that power to just open he's mouth and say two words and it manages to be gold. I'm so glad to see these guys finally enter the tag team championship picture. I think the timing is so right, the WWE have really done a great job in taking time to build these guys up and they have managed to become one of if not the most popular tag teams in NXT history. There match last night was actually fairly decent and just like the Crowe/Parker match, it wasn't as one sided as I thought it was going to be. Now, one thing most of you probably won't know about me is that I'm a major Sawyer Fulton fan. I haven't spoken about him all that much on my blog mainly because there isn't much to say right now but I have brought him up a couple of times. We haven't seen him compete for NXT TV that much at all. Some of you may remember him tag team with Baron Corbin ad a couple of other superstars a thew times to put over the bigger teams but that's about all we have seen. But after seeing some of he's live event work and he's training stuff, I know that this is a guy to watch out for. The thing is, it's clear the WWE like him, he's been around for a while and the fact that they are still trying to get it right with him proves that, but that's the whole point, the just can't get it right with him. They have tried for a while now to get the right look for him and to be honest I do think there getting closer. He and Dawkins had a good showing last night, very dominate and really taking control of the match witch was nice to see but they did get very lost in the hype of Enzo and Big Cas then the addition the NXT Tag team champions at ringside, but altogether I did really enjoy this match and in the end of course, Enzo and Cas walked away victorious.

Divas action next and Dana Books finally made her much anticipated NXT debut. I don't know about you, but I had literally been waiting forever to see her debut and I was really excited for it and it's fair to say I was not disappointed at all. She took on Blue Pants of course, who seems to be the CJ Parker of the divas division, her role to put over new talent, and I kinda like that. Not to mention that the fans freaking love it when she returns. The one and only thing I did't like about Dana was her entrance. The music was fine, the attire I loved, but the entrance itself was so overdone and so cringey I had to look away from my screen for a bit. When she was in the ring it was a whole other story. I was captivated by her. She has this attitude, this confidence, and dominance that you really don't see very often. She was a nice mixture of Sasha Banks meets Beth Phoenix. Her style in the ring is very different from the other girls and her image alone sets her apart. She kind has that all round perfect look. I loved the way she carried her self in the ring and how strongly she stays in character. Trust me when I say this girl is going far. She's the full package and she picked up a great win on her first night.

Finally, it was main event time and what a main event we where treated to as former NXT champion and face of the brand, Sami Zayn took on a well known face in the WWE in Rhyno. Being a super fan of both Rhyno and Zayn this match was just right up my street. It had that top notch feel to it if you know what I mean. It was the type of match that you heard was taking place and you knew you would spend a lot of money to go and watch it. Out of all the matches that have taken place this year in the whole of the WWE and out of it, this is up there with one of the top matches I was most looking forward too and mine and everyone else had high high expectations. The moment Zayn's music hit the crowd where on fire. I will honestly never get over just how loved by the fas Zayn is, forget Roman Reigns, Zayn is the next big thing. When we say we want something different, Sami Zayn is what we mean, he could easily be the next face of the company. He might not be the biggest of guys but he sure is the most talented of guys.The match last night was quite slow paced and that's because Rhyno spent a lot of time at the start in control, making sure it went just that way, at he's pace, using he's strength advantage in full effect. When ever things did speed up it was because of Sami Zayn who really did bring the speed to this match and we really saw him as usual feed of the
energy from the crowd. Rhyno was very dominate in this match throughout and really did bring it to Zayn, giving him a good old fashioned beat down.But let's not rule Zayn out at all. He stood he's ground throughout this match also and he pulled out a lot of awesome moves as usual. However, what they both brought to the table is passion and story telling. We all know how great of a story teller Zayn is in the ring but they both showed so much passion it was amazing really made you appreciate the work even more. The turning point in the match was when Rhyno had that fall from the top rope and Zayn was able to speed up the process and take things out the ring. I think this really did throw Rhyno off and Zayn was able to take advantage and score a strong win. Great match, great main event, very impressed and satisfied.

Could Baron Corbin Be Next NXT Champion?
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts