Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. Last night saw the first Samckdown after Wrestlemania and surprisingly it was a decent show. The booking was solid and as the fallout of one of the greatest Wrestlemania's in history continued we saw the action of next thew months begin to take shape and become a little clearer. After two week of no Samckdown, NXT, Superstars, or Main event Review and reactions, this week everything is back to normal as we kick start a new month, so I suppose it's welcome back to Smackdown Reviews. These will continue to go up every Friday hopefully around the same time. My new timetable will include my Superstars and Main Event review and reactions go up on Saturday or Sunday and NXT and RAW will stay on the same days. This month I will also finally be starting my TNA Review and Reactions, these will either be uploaded on the Saturday or a Monday, I'm currently trying to think of a way that benefits both US and UK viewers, so let me know what you think would be best. I will link bellow any recent posts including my Wrestlemania and this weeks RAW Review and Reactions so you can go and check the out if you haven't already done so and so you can catch up on all of last this weeks action. You can let me know what you thought of last nights episode of Smackdown by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night's show kick started with out new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins. The new champ cut what was actually a fairly decent promo and I was all for Rollins kick starting the show. Joining him was of course Kane, The Big Show, and J&J Security who hanged on every single word he said. Rollins brought up the topic of and clear elephant in the room, Brock Lesnar and it was actually really nice seeing so many people all for Lesnar this week. It wouldn't take long for another man Rollins had wound up the round way to make an appearance, as Randy Orton made he's first Smackdown appearance in quite a while. Speaking sense, Orton made it clear that he never got he's championship rematch from last years Wrestlemania, something that I continue to bring up on twitter and here on my blog. In this little segment I realised that the WWE made so many good decision at Wrestlemania and one of the best was having Rollins have a good match but loss against Orton and then have him cash in on the same night. We all know Rollins can jump back from losses but having him cash in the contract. Anyway, during the segment, Orton decided to pick apart the Authority one by one shaming each and everyone of them, especially Kane, who later declared that Orton would be going one on one with  The Big Show, with was the match that kick started the show.

Orton VS Show was not a match I was looking forward to at all. I keep on saying it and repeating myself but I'm so sick and tired of seeing the same type of matches week in week out. As I said in this week's NXT review and reactions, down in NXT it's something new every week and it's that that keeps me wanting more while on the main roster we get the same thing every single week. Last night's match between the two was short and simple and ended in a DQ. After the match Orton tried to take on the Authority (mainly Rollins) but the numbers took over, that was until Ryback made an appearance. I really am not sure what the WWE are doing with Ryback. Since he's return he's been very up and down and if the WWE are trying to put him back in the main event picture, this could quite easily be the best way of doing so.

Divas action next and Natalya was set to take on the women who pinned the divas champion on RAW this past week, Naomi. We also had the divas champion herself at commentary alongside sister Brie. I mentioned in my RAW Review and Reactions that Naomi has now defeated Nikki Bella on two separate occasions. The Naomi push is something that the fans including myself, have been waiting for for a very very long time. We learnt this week that she would be retuning to Total Divas and with her popularity boosting due to her recent work with The Usos, her championship reign cannot be too far ahead. I say it all the time on my blog and on twitter, that I think Naomi and Natalya are hands down two of the most talented divas on the roster while at the same time two of the most underutilised divas. I would love to be able to see these two go at it in an NXT ring where they would get a good crowd reaction and strong length of time in the ring. One thing about these two however, is regardless of the time they have they always put on a great match and have some amazing spots, proving they really are the best of the best. Last night, the two didn't get the longest of time in the ring but they had a great match once again and in the end Naomi scored yet another win, and what an impressive win it was.

Other matches to take place last night included, The Miz VS R-truth. I wasn't really for this match either. I get the point of it, but it just had that mid card/jobbers feel that last night was just not in the mood for. The one thing that did keep me watching however, was the possibility of an appearance from Mizdow or even a mention of him. I'm that much of a Damien Mizdow/Sandow fan. The match itself saw Truth dominate the match very early on with Miz struggling to get any offence. Miz however was the character of this very short match and in the end picked up a much needed win. After the match I got what I wanted, an appearance from Mizdow who got some extra revenge or Miz after what took place on Monday during RAW. After that we got a promo from John Cena who spoke about he's Wrestlemania win and what it all meant for him, for Rusev, for the WWE, and for America. I'll be honest, I wasn't really expecting to like this little part of the show, but I actually did and it was nice seeing so much attention on this title. I do have a post that will be uploaded later this month witch talks about elevating the United States and Intercontinental championship. I never thought I would say this, but I could not be more happy to see the US championship on John Cena. Cena was later interrupted halfway through what was actually a pretty good promo, by Rusev and Lana. I'll be honest, I don't wanna see anything else between Rusev and John Cena, I think they should of completely buried it all at Mania but this was a really good segment and did make sense. There was some clear tensions between Lana and Rusev but nothing major. Rusev also declared he wanted a rematch at Extreme Rules, witch I'm not looking forward to at all, as I said they really should of left all of this at Mania. Later on in the show there was a nice little rather funny promo from Titus O'Neil and Darren Young aimed at the New day.

We then saw two of my favourite superstars go one on one, Luke Harper and Dean Ambrose. You guys all know by now how much of a fan I am of both these superstars and how much their treatment in the WWE really frustrates me. At Wrestlemania these two had an outstanding performance with Harper being the stand out of the entire match in my opinion. Anyone that has seen these twos work outside of the WWE and what they have already done with each other in the WWE will say the exact same thing I'm about to and that is that these two work extremely well together. There styles compliment each other so so and well and they bring out the best in one another. What they both need is something huge to really put them both on track. The two of them are both main event material and could really bring something new and exciting to the WWE and when a space at the top comes up these two should be right up there. Last nights match saw Ambrose dominate very early on but it wouldn't take long at all for Harper to turn things around and make things go at he's pace, using he's height and weight advantage. The match ended with Harper putting Ambrose through a table. Now this is a match that really got my attention. If the WWE did give us a feud between this two I would be delighted and if we get stuff like what we got last night, this could be a huge turning point in both their careers. This is two straight great matches this week from Ambrose. Loved the way the match ended, it was one of the best matches of the night and all round well put together match up


Up next, was a match that was suppose to be a tag team match. After Sheamus returned to RAW attacking both Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler, the WWE announced that Ziggler and Bryan would team up to take on Sheamus and Bad News Barrett but for some reason things were changed and the returning Sheamus took on the new Intercontinental champion Daniel Bryan one on one. I don't mind a feud between these to at all. I did a whole blog post on why these two should feud anyway, witch you may have already seen. A thew years ago they had a great feud and some outstanding matches so repeating history doesn't bother me at all. Now for Sheamus' new image. When he debuted the look this past week on RAW, I was pretty much speechless and I absolutely hated the look. I'm still not a fan of it at all but I don't hate it as much as I did. I think the new image could either be a really good thing or a really really bad thing. When I heard that Sheamus had changed he's entrance theme, I was considering giving up on this guy. I don't think I could of taken any more bad changed this week from him but can I just say, that I love the new theme. The whole new entrance I just love. And last
night was a huge turning point in my opinions on the new Sheamus, maybe, just maybe, I might start to love this new image more than the old one. Not even I can deny any more, this was all pretty bad ass. Sheamus does play a great heel and he's little promo before the match was really well done. It's nice to see that he hasn't got this typical Irish gimmick any more and it's so refreshing.I will miss the old theme however. We also had Barrett at commentary for this match. The match started out with Bryan taking control but Sheamus very quickly was able to turn things around take things at he's pace but Bryan was always ready to use he's speed advantage to keep things on he's side. The commentary  from Barrett was amazing yet again! I literally cannot describe to you just how much I love Barrett on commentary and how shocked  always am how legit is a great commentator.I don't know about you but I would choose Barrett of JBL any day. Sheamus' strength of advantage really did take over and he dominated a good chunk of it. After Bryan was busted open and Barrett go involved it allowed Sheamus to take advantage and get a count out win. A nice solid heel win witch I really did like. I loved this main event. I thought it was a good quality main event and when I talk about diversity in main event matches, this is what I'm talking about. Nice and full length, different, not highly predictable, back and fourth, barbaric, full of strength and speed and character. Great character building match and story building match. The addition of Barrett was a rally good idea and a nice to end the show, could not be more happy with this match. Two top stars really going at it.

Wrestlemania Review and Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions
Top 20 matches of the month part 2

Comments

Popular Posts