RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Last night RAW was brought to us from my home city of London and what a night it was! I know last week there was no RAW Review and Reactions and I'm so so so sorry about that. I took all of last week off because I was really unwell and I had family stay round, so last week was just a super busy week and there was no time to do any blog posts and I just wasn't well enough to move let alone pick up my lap top and write up a blog post. You would of seen that I did however upload my RAW Predictions last week and that was simply because I pre wrote that post on the Sunday and I fell ill on Sunday evening, and I now I do pre post my RAW Predictions every week so that's why that was able to go up. But I'm back this week and everything can now hopefully go back to normal. I know I've been saying that since Wrestlemania season but yeah, I'm ready to get back on track now. Today, I'm going to be giving you the full low down on everything that went on last night during RAW including what happened next in the Randy Orton/Seth Rollins saga and who is now the number one contender for a shot at Nikki Bella's Divas championship. I will also be telling you everything that I personally thought of the show in complete full detail. Next week my Extreme Rules Predictions will kick start on Monday and will run right through until Saturday, I of course will be live tweeting throughout the show on Sunday also. I will link bellow any recent posts including last weeks top five superstars of the week and my RAW Predictions for this week. There will also be the links to all my social media. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Last night's show kick started with the United States championship himself, John Cena who came out to a heavy bunch of boos from the London crowd. I love you London. But I do have to say that after watching Cena's interview with Chris Jericho last week (I will link where you can watch it bellow) I have a strong new found respect for John, I mean I'm never going to be wearing a Cena shirt and jumping up and down at he's entrance but I do have a bunch more respect for him and I understand him and he's journey here in the WWE much much better. At the very start of he's promo last night he made it clear he understood that he and the London crowd don't always see eye to eye but the one thing that did grab all out attentions and did make a really good point getting us all cheering was the "Wrestlemania needs to come to London" comment witch I could not have agreed with any more. I have been saying for a very very long time that they should host Wrestlemania in the UK for at least one year, so take note WWE. Anyway, Cena soon got onto the open challenge and answering the challenge this week was the one and only, Bad News Barrett. Come on, let's be honest there really was only one man who could possibly have been the right man to take on Cena this week. In he's home country of the United Kingdom, Barrett got a huge response from the moment he's theme hit and he made me feel really good being British in that one moment. It was also nice seeing RAW open with something different and cut straight to the match pretty early, makes a change. A nice short, effective, good promo from the main man John Cena, then the open challenge answered by the crowd favourite of the night, Bad News Barrett. The location of RAW meant that the booking made sense with the crowd and everything and Barrett did a good job in giving he's US championship match with Cena a meaning so it didn't feel completely random. I was actually pretty excited for this match and considering the past two Cena US championship open challenges have been great matches I had high hopes. Of course the crowd where one hundred and ten per cent on team Barrett and the slightest bit of offence he got left the crowd on fire! The start of the match saw it very back and fourth but it wouldn't take long for Barrett to use the crowd momentum and take serious control of the match. I have to give it to Cena though, he did a good job in really playing a long with crowd witch was a nice little touch. Back to Barrett and he's dominance with really did run throughout this match. We really got to see that brawling, old school, almost barbaric style of Barrett witch was great. Throughout this match also we really saw Barrett use he's long legs and arms to he's advantage something that grabbed my attention much more than usual. I think the thing I love the most about Barrett is how believable and legit he is. You watch him and you don't feel like he's feeding you a gimmick. He has a legit look as though he could really do some damage and has such a traditional but new like style and I love it. A highlight in this match was Barrett kicking out of the AA witch I wasn't expecting If I'm honest and I'm so glad it didn't end there and the match wasn't short lived. In the end Cena used a move outside the five moves of doom and after hitting the AA to get the win and retain the companionship. A strong match and a really good start to the night, predicable but really enjoyed. After the match we got a really nice little treat of an appearance from Lana (and Rusev), with Rusev attacking Cena from behind with a chain (that sounded odd) and Lana then announcing that their match at Extreme Rules would be a Russian Chain match. More on what I think about this next week in my Extreme Rules predictions.

Up next we had, the divas battle royal to determine the number one contender for the divas championship and therefore the diva who will take on Nikki Bella at Extreme Rules for the title. I'll be honest I had a clear image of who I wanted to win and most importantly who deserved to win. In my eyes there was only one diva who had earned her spot and chance for the championship and the battle royal should never of even been a thing. That diva was Naomi. Plain and simple this was for Naomi in my opinion. That girl has worked her ass off this past year particularly these past couple of months or so. She has picked up numerous wins against the champ and has been on a freaking roll all year round so I was pretty pissed that this match was even taking place in the first place. Of course Paige got a huge reaction from the crowd, being in England and everything. I didn't like how early Summer and Natalya were eliminated but hey ho. What I did love however was having two of the best of the best come down to the last, Paige and Naomi. In the end Paige was able to eliminate Naomi in order to become the number one contender for the divas championship. So we now know that it will be Paige VS Nikki Bella at Extreme Rules for the Divas championship. I have to admit, don't get me wrong I freaking love Paige but I can't help but feel Naomi got screwed. They spent almost two months building Naomi up for a title shot to have Paige out of nowhere getting another title shot. Give divas a chance was about giving all the divas a chance not just Paige and the Bella twins. I really am pretty pissed off about this and I do think that the WWE are taking the piss with Naomi, this was honestly her time and I just cannot justify this being a good idea. My predictions for this match will be up next Monday. After the Battle royal last night Paige got to say a thew words about her win and to tell her story a little but the real thing that got my attention with this part of the night was the appearance of Byron!!! The real surprise was the Naomi heel turn. Now I was not expecting that what so ever. I think Naomi makes a perfect baby face and I'm still not really sure about the heel turn. It could either be the best idea ever or the worse idea ever. But I do think this could set up a killer feud between Paige and Naomi and it could really really work if done right.

Wyatt the cut another haunting yet awesome promo. Another to add to the list.

We then had a tag team match, a tag team match I was actually all for as my NXT babies (yes, my
NXT babies) as former NXT Tag team champions The Lucha Dragons took on the longest reining NXT Tag team champions, The Ascension. I of course was completely down for this match. We've all seen how great both these teams are down in NXT and their history made this match have a whole other feel to it that we don't always get. I couldn't help but feel proud of both the Ascension and the Lucha Dragons. I was disappointed to see that the match was very short lived and very one sided as Kalisto and Sin Cara dominated the match and picked up a very quick win. I sill have very very high hopes for The Ascension I just think it's not their time just yet, the Lucha Dragons however seem to be on a role. Maybe a mini feud between the Ascension and the Lucha Dragons for a shot at the tag team championships. This match was once again all about the build up of Kalisto.

When the show returned from the commercial/ad break Roman Reigns made he's London appearance as he was set to address what happened last month at Wrestlemania, and to be honest I was not looking forward to this at all. Sitting through a Roman Reigns promo is one of the most painful things a person can experience but I did try and cut him some slack and last night. What made this part of the night even worse was the fact that Booker T was interviewing him, I of course would much rather of had Renee Young or my favourite Bryon Saxton. To be fair Roman didn't do a bad job last night at all, I don't have anything bad to really say. When things turnt bad for me was then the words "The Big Show"  were mentioned. I'm beyond sick and tired of the work between the Big Show and Roman Reigns. Literally since Reigns returned last year these two have been at it and I'm sick of it. I get it completely  that all the wins and strong brawls between the two make Reigns look strong but doing it over and over again makes him look boring and makes me wanna turn the TV over. I'll give it to Show, it wasn't a terrible little promo but one more match between these two and I'm gonna loose my mind. The attack after was a nice little touch but it didn't go down well with me. The chants however kept me very entertained.

Up next, was a match I was really looking forward too, Randy Orton VS Cesaro. This is exactly what I mean when I say I want diverse booking, something different. We all know Cesaro is one of the best Wrestlers the WWE have right now and has been for a very very long time. He and Orton have had a couple of great matches in the past so I was totally hyped for this match and ready for it.I was really hoping they got a decent length. I was happy to see Cesaro really dominate the match early one. We saw a really good showing of he's strength but also he's speed witch we don't see very often. Kidd at ringside was a really nice addition and when he cost Cesaro the match giving it a DQ. I hated this and almost through something at my TV. But then Kane came to the rescue and gave us a nice little announcement, re starting the match and making it a two on one handicap match. What I really loved about this was the different use of the tag team champions. It was really nice to see them compete in a handicap match against a top talent instead of seeing them in the same old same old, typical predicable tag team matches against someone like the Usos. It really is great seeing the champs be used in a different, effective, and entertaining way. I was a huge fan of this booking and it really did work for me. When the match became a handicap it started out on the side of the tag team champions but Orton's experience and the feeding off the crowd allowed him to really start to turn things around and after hitting one heck of an RKO out of nowhere Orton was able to get the win.

Up next was the one thing out of everything to happen last night that really pissed me off. Dean Ambrose VS Adam Rose. Seriously, who even booked this? I cannot tell you how bored and tired I am of seeing Ambrose booked in these god awful matches. I one hundred percent get that this is the best way to give Ambrose some momentum and really get him back on track but the WWE could of done much much better last night, heck we even had Rose dominate the start of this match. Ambrose of course did manage to get on top of things and get the win but man I hated this booking. We need better Ambrose booking. After the ad break we got a one on one match between Stardust and Fandango. I literally took my eyes off the TV for a minuet, not even that and Stardust had picked up the win. Very very short match. We then had the best moment of the night.... the return of the original Fandango tune!

It was then time for Seth Rollins to have he's match of the night. Originally he was suppose to take on Dolph Ziggler but things changes and it was Kane who was then made the man to compete in the match however the deal was for Kane to simply just lay there and let Rollins get the witch didn't sit well with me. Throughout the night the show had the feel of building up a Kane baby face turn and after not fulling the original rules for the match Kane had finally cracked and hit a much deserved choke slam on the WWE World Heavyweight champion witch I did really enjoy watching, but in the end Kane still let Rollins get the win. I'll admit I hated the whole thing with Kane just laying there and taking a loss but the choke slam was a still a nice touch. With both Rollins and Orton winning their matches means that they both choose a stipulation for their extreme rules match.

Damien Mizdow/Sandow was up next (who was assisted to the ring by the lovely, Summer Rae,I'm always happy to see more Summer Rae) as he went one on one with The Miz. Of course practically everyone was team Mizdow including myself. The match was another short one but the best part about it, Mizdow got the win! About bloody time I say. Ryback was in action next against Luke Harper. I believe these guys had a match last week but I really cannot remember because I was so unwell, so I wasn't against this match at all. Harper dominated a good chunk of this match especially very early on having a close pin fall right at the start. Once again the match was short lived and ended in DQ, after the match Ambrose made and appearance looking for some retribution. Ambrose/Harper feud...I'm so freaking down for that, I don't know about you.

Dolph Ziggler was next to grace our screens as he cut a little promo and issued an open challenge witch I liked and there was only one thing that could of made me eve more happy and that's Adrian Neville and what did we get? Only Adrian freaking Neville. I don't know about you but Adrian Neville (yes I'm still refusing to just call him Neville) VS Dolph Ziggler is just a dream match. It's one of those matches where you know it's going to be outstanding one to remember. These are two of the best two that could really compliment each other in the ring. Their both amazingly talented, both have hugely wide, diverse, interesting move sets, bot very entertaining and know how to tell a story, this really is the perfect match up and it really did make my night. In a short amount of time very early on in the match Neville showed a heck of a lot but Ziggler kept up with him really well and gave Neville a real run for he's money. This wasn't just a plain and simple back and fourth match. This was a pure wrestling match. It was full of entertainment, full of energy and it was fresh. I'm always going on about diversity and having something different, this was the something different I have been talking about, that I have been wanting. The action was so high paced, it was so energetic,so athletic. I literally did not take my eyes off of my TV for a single second during this match. It wasn't predicable at all and the strong crowd just added a whole new feel to the match that
you wouldn't have gotten if it was a weak crowd. Neville was in control for a good chunk of the match but in the end it was Ziggler who got the win. I'm not really sure how I feel about this match. Neville had an outstanding showing and really great match I just think he might of needed the win more than Ziggler but Dolph did do a good job in putting Neville over also. After the match Sheamus attacked both Ziggler and Neville and was left the last man standing. I literally had been waiting all night for Sheamus so this put a huge smile on my face.

It was then time for the big reveal, what stipulation was we getting in the WWE World Heavyweight championship match against Randy Orton and current champ Seth Rollins. I did really enjoy this little segment between the two. I thought the timing was right and was the perfect way to end the show. This is my favourite feud on the roster at the moment. When Rollins said that he was banning the RKO from their match this Sunday I was really interested and really pretty impressed with the idea but then things grew ten times better as Orton announced he's stipulation as a steel cage match. All of this could not have made me more happy. My predictions for this match will be up next Saturday. Last nights show had a really really strong ending and all together I thought it was a decent show. Let me know what you thought of last nights RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

  1. I think Orton could use the punt or the curb stomp now that the RKO is banned in the cage match and I think J and J Security will try and help Seth Rollins win by climbing the cage to distract Orton or getting the key to open the cage door and I completely agree with you Victoria I thought Raw was pretty decent as well and your blogs are awesome by the way keep up the great work I'm glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts