Extreme Rules Predictions: Seth Rollins VS Randy Orton

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Guy's we did it! We have reached the last Extreme Rules prediction post witch means it's finally time to take a look at our main event for the show, witch will see Seth Rollins defend he's WWE World Heavyweight championship for the first time live on pay per view against the viper, Randy Orton.  You all know that this is one of my favourite feuds at the moment and so I personally cannot wait for these two to get their hands on each other and go one on one again. But who will leave victorious? Will Seth Rollins prove yet again that he is not just the future of the WWE but he is the now? Or will the experience of future hall of famer Randy Orton just going to be too much for Rollins to keep up with? The addition of the banned RKO and the fact the match is in a steel cage brings a whole new feel to the match, how will that play a role this Sunday? Well today I'm going to be answering all those questions. In today's blog post I'm going to take you back to their Wrestlemania brawl by inserting what I wrote about their match in my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post, then I'm going to take you through what both superstars have been up to for the past month and finally make my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get started.

Content from Wrestlemania Review and Reactions - "Up next is a match that comes from my current fave feud, Randy Orton VS Seth Rollins. This is a feud months in the making and one that has been built up perfectly so I was all for this match and was most looking forward to it. Seth Rollins was of course accompanied to the ring by J&J Security, while Orton has the entire crowd on he's side. Once again, this was a match with such high expectations and I was really hyping this match up throughout Wrestlemania week.The action in this match was very high very early on and it was next to impossible to take your eyes away from the action. Orton dominated the match in the early stages and proved why he is the face of this business and a true veteran but Rollins did a good job holding he's own and really keeping up with Orton. There was a time in the match Rollins was truly the main focus of the match and took control. J&J security were a really good addition to the match, they added that unpredictability and uncertainty witch I liked a lot. Throughout the match we saw Rollins make himself at home on the top rope witch of course really got the crowd going. I did feel that at times the match fell a little slow but it was all put together really well and I honestly believe we saw the best of them both. After an incredible match it was Orton who won the match after hitting the RKO out of nowhere. Another great match but I do still think it should of been longer."

Since returning to action back at the Fastlane pay per view, Orton has been on fire. He's had great match after great match and he's feud with Rollins had really lived up to the expectations, you guys all know by now just how much I'm loving this feud, I've said it too many times that this is my current favourite feud along with Barrett/Bryan and I'm so glad it's lived up to the expectations. At Wrestlemania the two had a great match and as you would of seen above I did think that it should of been longer but then again for me I could just watch these guys go at it all night (that sounds so wrong but you get what I mean). This past month Randy's booking has been very up and down, and if I'm honest it's mainly been down. I've lost count with how many times I've had to say this but it will literally take on more match between him and Kane to drive me mentally insane and have to check into Radley (all my Pretty little liars fans will get that reference). I will never understand why the WWE feel like they need to use the Big show and Kane to put over guys on the roster and to put up against Orton. It's beyond boring and predicable and to be honest it's practically torture. Orton of course has picked up some big wins but the booking just hasn't been great all and it should of been and could of been much stronger. The best match was probably the triple threat main event on RAW a thew weeks back to determine the number one contender between him, Reigns, and Ryback. One area Orton has been dominating is on the mic. It's no secret that Randy is no Bray Wyatt when it comes to mic skills but he's always had that natural, basic skill of just being Randy Orton on the mic and not being overly gimmicky and it's really works for him and this feud in particular, you still have that feeling that in the ring he's keeping back and saving something much bigger for  Extreme Rules. One last thing I have to comment on when it comes to Randy Orton and he's title match this weekend is finally! Randy's been worthy and has had a rightful shot at the WWE World Heavyweight championship for over a year now and it's about time he got he's match!

Then we have the champion. The man who has been on top for a year, Seth Rollins. Last year Seth Rollins was my superstar of the year and in twenty fifteen he is looking to be the superstar of the year for a second time in a row. He just keeps on getting better and better and better. He's cash in at Wrestlemania was hands down the best cash in I have ever seen and in that one night he proved he was the real deal and that the future was now. It's crazy to think he is such a big deal already and he's only twenty eight. He's like a mini Orton and a strange way. Over the past month its been all about Seth Rollins. From strong promos, to backstage segments, to he's time in the ring and to be honest we haven't even seen that much of him in the ring. But week after week after week he carries on cementing himself as the top heel in the company and with the championship around he's waist he is right at the top of league table. He's best match of the month so far has to be against Neville a thew weeks back and with he's strong showing against Orton at Wrestlemania really does just put Rollins top of the momentum board also. Throughout this month another thing that has become apparent is how much Rollins is winding up the Authority, Kane in particular. We really have seen him get under the skin of the  Kane and after what went down at the London show the potential feuds for Rollins the future look really really strong. 

This Sunday will be the first time Rollins will defend the championship and he will be able to establish himself as a champion, passing the "Very good" comments and going above. The fact that the match is going to be in a steel cage and the RKO is banned means the match has that unpredictability feel to it and this really will be the night Rollins shines. He's right in he's element here and he has the advantage of the banned RKO. We can really expect to see him use the steel cage to he's advantage. Were gonna see the high flying Rollins we all know and love and that viscous, barbaric, sadistic side of Randy Orton that we all know and love also. This could very easily be the match of the year and one of if not Seth's best to date witch will be difficult to do considering he has been in some of the best matches I have seen in the WWE for a very long time. The expectations are really high for this match and I'm expecting a lot. I think it will be a very split match, nice and long, and we might even see a side to Orton we haven't seen yet. Rollins is defiantly not dropping the title this weekend and this will hands down be he's biggest win to date.

Let me know what your predictions are for this Sundays Extreme Rules pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts