RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. So it's the night after Extreme Rules and with a poor pay per view the WWE are under serious pressure to change things around and put on a good show tonight and in around four weeks time at Payback. As I just said, last night's pay per view was very disappointing and there are people still moaning about the poor quality of the match and to be honest I don't blame them. I think it's all about the WWE giving us what we pay for and for me, as a British fan, I want a show that is worth staying up until four am for. Last night's show really was not worth it. Anyway, you can find out exactly what I thought of Extreme Rules and every single match on the card in my Extreme Rules Review and reactions post witch went up earlier today, the link to that will be bellow as usual so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. Tonight's show will see the fallout of Extreme Rules and the road to Payback will kick start.  We already have one match announced for Payback, an I quit match between Rusev and John Cena for the United States Championship witch I'm really not happy about but I will go into more detail with that later and my opinions on that. Will we see any feuds from last night and the past month carry on through to May and Payback? Will we be hearing more on Daniel Bryan's health condition? And will we see the anti diva, Paige return to action? In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through all my predictions for tonight's show. The links to any recent posts including my Extreme Rules Review and Reactions post that went up earlier today. Remember this week there will be no top five superstars of the week and my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month will be going up from Wednesday. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of Extreme Rules and what your predictions for tonight's fall out show RAW by leaving a comment bellow down in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

So as I have already said, last night was the Extreme Rules pay per view and the show has not gone down all to well with the WWE universe. I personally didn't think it was a terrible show but it could of been much much better. I think I just had high expectations of this pay per view because it's one of my favourites and the card looked fairly strong. But so many of the matches, especially the main event, really did disappoint and failed to live up to the hype the WWE were trying to push all month. There was some interesting bookings that I'm still not sure where even made because they flat out make no sense but on the other hand there was some great booking including the work with Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, and Dean Ambrose. But with such a poor show last night the WWE really do need to try and turn things around tonight but in all honesty I think this is going to be a painful next four months and I really doubt that Payback will be any better.

Let's start right from the beginning of the show and make our way down with the predictions for tonight. So, originally we were suppose to get Bad News Barrett VS Daniel Bryan for the Intercontinental championship but after it was announced on WWE.com a thew ours before the pay per view that Bryan would be unable to compete due to an injury things were changed up a little. Instead of having the tag team championship match on the kick off show it was moved to the main show and instead we got Bad News Barrett VS Adrian Neville to take the kick off show match. I'll give it to the WWE, they did a really good job here. The match made sense after the work we have seen between the two superstars this month and it fitted really well. I felt sorry for Barrett not getting he's rematch for the title last night and for the simple fact they didn't declare it a forfeit and put the title back on Barrett. Anyway, these guys put on a really really strong match last night, in fact it was one of my favourites of the whole night if I'm honest. You can see what I thought of that match in my Extreme Rules review and reactions.  Tonight I'm expecting to hear more on Daniel Bryan's condition. Will he be returning tonight or any time soon? How long will he be out of action for? And will they have him surrender the title because of he's absence? If I'm honest I'm really worried for Bryan. It was around this time last year that he was forced to take time out due to a serious injury and now almost a year later he is in the same boat. My friend did tweet last night that he thinks Bryan won't be competing much longer and you have to agree on some level. When he does return we can guarantee the WWE will second guess putting a championship around he's waist because of how injury pro he is. I'm sure regardless of what is happening with Bryan we will find more out tonight. I think despite loosing against Neville last night on the kick off show I don't think it will effect him badly at all. He's been on a role as of late I think that will continue. I think both theses superstars will be in something strong tonight. They have had a great past month so I don't see why they would slow down their momentum. Last Thursday Neville did do some dark match stuff with Ambrose and Reigns so I think it would be interesting having something like Harper and Barrett VS Neville and Ambrose.

Talking of Ambrose and Harper, the two last night had one heck of brawl and in the end Dean Ambrose finally picked up a pay per view win.  The feud between him and Harper hasn't bee thrown in our faces too much and there is no word on whether or not their feud will continue up until Payback. Personally, I don't think it needs too. It's one of those the shorter the better. They really laid it all on the line last night and brought it all, I don't really think there is much else they could do. I think if it carried on it wouldn't really work but I think a rematch between the two would fit tonight's show pretty well. I'm very very interested in seeing what they do with Ambrose next. Whether they keep him working at this level of the roster or they book him in stronger matches closer to the main event picture. I think him and Sheamus would have a great feud maybe around Summer Slam. I think starting it now may be a little too soon but I think in the next thew weeks we might seem them work together more against one another.I wouldn't mind seeing Neville team up with Ambrose tonight to take on Sheamus and Barrett or what I mentioned above, they could both work greatly tonight. I think its going to be a slow walk to the top for Ambrose but he's defiantly going to get their. As for Harper I'm not sure what's next for him. Such a great heel and all round performer that it would be a huge shame if they waisted he's talent. I doubt he will get in strong feud but he will defiantly be used to take on various baby faces. Neville VS Harper is a possibility for tonight also.

Last night saw a rather interesting match between Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus. I did really enjoy this match and the ending. I'll admit I didn't like the fact that Sheamus lost he's return pay per view match but they somehow made it work and out of everything that happened last night I think this left me most entertained. Despite winning the match last night, the match was made all about Sheamus and after being embarrassed by Sheamus, it will be interesting to see what the WWE have in store for Dolph Ziggler. Once again, I'm not really sure if this is a feud that should continue. I do think it would work for one more match at Payback but it would be interesting to see if they add a stipulation. In my opinion I think a feud between Roman Reigns and Sheamus would really really work. It would be something strong and interesting for Reigns but I do think that the feud between the big show and Roman Reigns will continue for a little longer. I personally think it would be a really good move if they had Roman Reigns retire the big show. They both put on a really strong match last. I was not expecting to like and enjoy this match at all but it was one of my favourites of the night. Even though I am bored of the big show I think one more month could work with this feud if it ends the right way that is. But I do think we need to see even more of Reigns in the ring this month. It would be nice to see him in tag team action tonight. Maybe involving Neville or Dean Ambrose. A main event between Ambrose, Orton, and Reigns VS Big Show, Seth Rollins and Luke Harper would go down a treat for me and I think it would be a nice way to bounce back from a poor show last night.

After successfully defending the United States championship against Rusev last night it was announced Cena would take Rusev on one last time at Payback in an I quit match. Now, I really hate this decision. This feud is going on way too long. They did the exact same thing with Bray Wyatt last year. It started out a decent feud and then because it went on too long it became boring and predicable. This is just history repeating itself and it makes me so mad that the WWE think this is a good move. Because Cena is still the US champ we can expect he's open challenges to continue. Likely men to awnser the challenge tonight are Neville and Luke Harper. I'd love to see either one take on the challenge tonight. Last night also saw new tag team champions crowned. No word of a lie I legit double checked this morning to see if it was actually real that they had one last night and I didn't just dream it. This was for me one of the matches of the night but I just didn't like the fact that the New day one. Yes it was a shock and I like a shock/surprise but I don't get storyline wise how it makes sense. I'd like to see Kidd and Cesaro wait until payback for their rematch but it's possible we could get it tonight.

Also last night, Nikki Bella successfully defended her divas championship with the help of sister Brie. This was a decent match. I thought it should of gone on longer and I was expecting more so  little disappointed. I think what they do from now to Payback with the divas will be interesting. I'd like to see Paige back soon but I'm thinking we may not see her until Payback. I think Naomi will get one more shot at the title either before Payback or at the payback pay per view. It's hard to predict from last nights action what will go down in the divas division tonight. Maybe a tag match. But with so many heel divas we need something new, something fresh. It would be nice to see Nikki in action considering we haven't seen her compete much this month.

Finally, main event. Last nights main event was pretty disappointing. I thought Seth had a
disappointing performance. I think because I had such high expectations of this match I was even more disappointed with what we got. There was some smart stuff going on throughout the match but all round it just didn't live up to the build up and hype. It will be interesting to see what the next chapter is. I think slowly we will see Sheamus come into the Authority, I have a blog post on this coming up next week so keep an eye out for that. Maybe Orton VS Sheamus could be on the card tonight, we could see Ziggler interrupt the match at some point if they plan on continuing the feud between the two. How they book Rollins will also be interesting but I'm expecting a segment with the Authority to kick off the show. Maybe we will see some more cracks appear.

Let me know what your thoughts on Extreme Rules are and what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Extreme Rules Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts