NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. It's Thursday and witch means it's of course time for my NXT Review and Reactions. With Wrestlemania Season now over, everything is set to return back to normal here on my blog and that means Review and Reactions posts return for NXT, Smackdown, Main Event, and Superstars. Also, this month, I will begin my TNA Review and Reactions, and if they go down well in the trial month then it will be a regular thing. Last night, was yet another all star, epic night in NXT. I do really wanna do NXT Season again so let me know down in the comments if that is something you would be interested in. I know everyone loved it before and I really enjoyed doing it also. In today's blog post I will be answering some questions including whether or not we saw the return of Sami Zayn? Who main evented the show? If we saw the debut of Dana Brook, and more. You can let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will also leave the links bellow to any recent posts including my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions and this week's RAW Review and Reactions.

Kicking off last night's show was a returning Sami Zayn. After being away for a while competing and travelling with the main roster, Zayn returned to a thunderous crowd reception as he addressed the NXT Universe. H first noted where he had been and why he had been away and made it clear that while he was away even though he was doing come of the most amazing things possible in he's wrestling career there was one thing he couldn't get out of he's mind. One thing that remained on he's priority list. That thing, being Kevin Owens. We all remember the massive beating Zayn took at NXT Takeover from Owens and the huge title loss. While Zayn has been away we have seen Owens dominate the roster, taking down any one who steps in he's away and tries to take he's gold away from him, including Finn Balor. Last night Sami made it clear that he was coming after Owens and he was going to get he's NXT Championship back, whatever it took. I thought this was a real nice start to the show. We all missed seeing Zayn on NXT TV and now he's back everything almost has that feel of being back to normal. The promo was well done in true Sami Zayn and the crowd played their role perfectly.

The first match of the night saw Rhyno take on a local competitor. The match was extremely quick and sweet. The point of this part of the show wasn't to have a full on match at all and was just to put over Rhyno a little more and also let the NXT universe know that Rhyno was going to be entering the championship picture. After he's clean victory, Rhyno addressed the fans and declared that he was in NXT to be champion and he care who stands in he's way. Later on in the show we saw some backstage tensions between Rhyno and Sami Zayn after he interrupted an interview with Zayn. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Sami Zayn VS Rhyno, heck I'm all for Rhyno VS Kevin Owens but in my opinion I think he's role in NXT could have a deeper meaning than coming in and trying to capture the title, putting over the top stars on the way. Some of you may be aware that during Wrestlemania Axess week Rhyno took on Baron Corbin, a match that got a lot of rave reviews, and a good reaction for Corbin. Now, a feud between Rhyno and Baron Corbin is something I'm more than interested in. Corbin is the perfect superstar to put over and the two could really give us a more than decent feud. It would also be a really good way in getting Corbin into the championship picture.

The divas were next and after a month of backstage tensions growing between Bayley and former NXT diva Emma, the two finally stepped in the ring to go one on one, after Emma went a step too far the previous week, slapping Bayley across the face. Now, we all know just how talented both these divas are, I don't need to sit here and tell you that. Since going up to the main roster, Emma has been treated terribly and she can not be put to blame at all. We all saw how amazing she is and what she is capable of doing when she working down in NXT at the start of her career so the blame all falls on WWE and the creative team. Last night's match wasn't as good as I was expecting. It was a little messy at time but most of the time it was fluent and well put together I just expected more. One thing the match did have was story. Emma in particular told a good story throughout the match of women who is sick and tired of getting treated like crap when she is so talented. The crowd were almost all for Bayley as soon as they realised Emma was not her usual self and was come across almost like she was mocking herself. In the end Bayley scored the quick win, leaving Emma looking a little confused and still a little angry. In my opinion I think staying down in NXT and working there for a while may be best for Emma.

Tag team action next as former NXT Tag team champions Sin Cara and Kalisto, The Lucha Dragons, took on the current NXT Tag team champions, Buddy Murpthy and Wesley Blake. At NXT Takeover Rival, we didn't get the match we were expecting from these two teams. They both could of done a lot better during the live show and it was a big shame they didn't live up to the expectations despite putting on what was a decent match. Last night however was much better. I do still think they could of showed more and it would of been nice if they got a little longer just so we could see even more but for what we did get I thought this time round things were a lot better. When the Lucha Dragons were in control the match was very fast paced and there was a lot going on. They of course showed off their amazing high fling ability and confidence with taking things outside the ring and going up top. Kalisto was once again,the stand out of the two in my opinion but I think that was the goal anyway. When Blake and Murpthy were in control it was slightly slower paced and they made it all about wearing down their opponents, making them weak, forcing them to take things at their pace. The match was fairly split between the two with Lucha Dragons getting slightly ore offence. But in the end the champs used the fact the referee's back was turnt to their advantage and in the end get the victory.

Up next was a match I was really happy to see, Tye Dillinger VS Jason Jordan. You may have seen me talk about these two as a tag team none stop here on my blog. I was a huge huge fan of them as a tag team and I was and still am really gutted that the WWE didn't keep them going. I think they had so so so much potential as a top heel tag team. They had the right character, the right look, the skill, and connection. You took one look at them and you knew they were stars and I think they really could of shaken things up and added something new to the tag division. Anyway, when the did have their split I did still think they had a lot to show but out of the two it was Jason Jordan who to me looked as if was going to have the brighter future and last night may have proven that. The commentary for the match did hype both superstars but in particular everything that was said about Jordan made him sound like a force to be reckoned with. He is the younger of the two and does have the slightly better image, something the WWE will defiantly take into consideration. Anyway, I was so glad these two got a match last night and I'm really hopeing we see more from them because they are most certainly not jobbers or mid card performers. They weren't given the longest time in the world last night to perform but for the time they did have they did a really good job in keeping the crowd entertained. I will admit, the match was a little messy and at times came across a little too planned out but it had some great spots and they both did a decent job. Jordan walked away with this win and is defiantly coming across as the heel of the two. Hopefully these guys can get a full on feud because I really do have confidence in the two of them.

Finally, it was main event time and as announced earlier in the day, this weeks NXT Main event would see Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami go one on one again, this time in a two out of three falls match. I have said it before on my blog and I will say it again, the one thing I love about NXT and the one thing they really do better than the main roster is diversity in their main events. While on the
main roster we see the same superstars weekly compete in the main event and the stipulation is always the same, down in NXT almost every week we get something different. One week we will see the NXT Champion main event, the next it could be a divas match, it's never just the guys considered to be the top or the superstars only in the title picture. Breeze and Hideo are two of the best, most entertaining NXT superstars or in fact WWE superstars and they have main evented NXT several times before while if the were on the main roster I doubt very much they would be main eventing at all. Last night, these guys proved yet again why they are so highly spoken about and hyped in NXT. They proved they are two of the best and deserved that main event match again. Making it a two out of three falls match meant the match was so much more tense and so much more gripping. They told a story, the match was fast paced, entertaining, and well put together. I would of loved it if it was longer and yeah it could of been even better but I really did enjoy this match and was another one to add to the list of their great matches. What made me even more happy was the fact that Breeze got the win. I could not of been more delighted to have seen Tyler get the win.

Dana Brooks will debut in two weeks time.

Let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Latest Blog post
Wrestlemania Review and Reactions
Top 15 superstars of the month
Top 20 matches of the month part 1
RAW Review and Reactions

My social Media links:
Facebook- Talk Wrestling World
Personal Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr



Comments

Popular Posts