Extreme Rules Predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Luke Harper

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Its that time of the month again as another pay per view has rolled around. It's time for the pay per view after Wrestlemania, the place where the fallout comes to and end the start of new feuds really kick starts. It's one of my favourite pay per views of the year, Extreme Rules. Last years Extreme Rules pay per view didn't go down all that well with me. I thought there were a couple of strong matches that I really enjoyed but as a whole it fell pretty flat. This year however, it seems to be a touch different and I'm much more interested in the matches on the twenty fifteen card. I think the main reason I'm more for this years show is because it's far less predicable and the line up just feels more put together. Anyway, this Sunday we will see Extreme Rules live on the WWE network and cable TV and throughout the whole of this week right up until Saturday I will be brining you my predictions for every single match on the card. I will admit these are not my favourite posts to do at all but they do go down well and in the end I do enjoy doing it I just hate hate hate how time consuming they are. For every match I will take you through what has happened over the past month, commenting on the build up of all the matches, what each superstar has been up to and making bold predictions for the match. I will also be inserting what I wrote about each superstars performance at Wrestlemania from my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post. At the end of each post I will also be writing who I would like to win and who I think will win (there's a difference). I will link bellow any recent posts including last months Wrestlemania Review and Reactions. I will also link bellow all my social media links. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for each match on the Extreme Rules card by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me at tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

We have reached the middle of the week (Wednesday) and its time for your first of two Extreme Rules prediction posts to go up up today and we are taking a look at one of the none title matches of the night witch sees former Shield member and former United States champion, Dean Ambrose go one on one with former Wyatt family member ad former Intercontinental champion, Luke Harper for the first time on pay per view. You guy's all know how glad I am these two are feuding for me this is a dream match. These guys had some amazing one on one before they were even WWE superstars as Jon Moxley and Broodie Lee, for me this is one nice big throwback. But with this being one of the most important pay per views for both these superstars it's hard to decide who needs it the most. Just how barbaric will this match? Will they get the time they need to show what their made of and get back on track? And most importantly, who will be leaving the last man standing? Well today I'm going to be answering all those questions. In today's blog post I'm going to take you back to their Wrestlemania brawl by inserting what I wrote about their match in my Wrestlemania Review and Reactions post, then I'm going to take you through what both superstars have been up to for the past month and finally make my bold predictions. With so much to get through let's get started.

Content from Wrestlemania Review and Reactions - "Opening the show was a performance from Aloe Blacc. I'll be honest I don't really have a comment on this but it's just what comes with Wrestlemania. The first match of the night was the match I was convinced was going to steal the show, the Intercontinental ladder match witch would see Bad News Barrett defend the championship against Daniel Bryan, Stardust, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and R-truth. I and everyone else had high high expectations for this match, it consisted of some of the best of the best and was truly an all star match. Plus if you look back at Wrestlemania ladder match history, it looks pretty freaking amazing. Very early on it was Ambrose who made himself centre of attention as did Stardust and Harper. Harper doing a suicide dive will never get old in my opinion. The crowd were very split between Ambrose,Bryan, and Ziggler throughout the match and they stayed as the top guys of the match throughout. Stardust played he's role as one of the bigger heels in the match and was strangely extremely barbaric and was a big big stand out. Harper did me very proud also. He maintained a dominate figure throughout and really proved he was at home in this stipulation. One of the best moments of the night was the superplex from the top of the ladder from Barrett to Stardust. When Ambrose was taken out it became all about Bryan and Ziggler and in the end Bryan left the winner. I wasn't angry about it at all. This was an outstanding match but Luke Harper was the stand out of this match for me. I could of watch this go on for an hour or more. It lived up to the expiations one hundred per cent, Great way to kick off the show."

Luke Harper has  had a very up and down past twelve months. Around this time last year we saw him and Erick Rowan compete in some of the best tag team matches I have ever seen in the WWE. It was around this time that Harper really did show just how diverse he's move set is and proved that when it came to in ring abilities he was limitless and one lesson we all learnt pretty quickly was to always expect the unexpected when it came to Luke Harper. He was the driving force of the Wyatt family and the real underdog. When the Wyatts did eventually split towards the end of the year, I was certain that Harper would be safe on the roster and  creative would have a lot for him. To be honest I could not see at all how the company would not be really high on him. He's to talented and has so much experience that shines through so clearly and so well during every match he is in that the WWE simply could not fail him. When he returned to action after taking quite some time out, he was placed right at the top of the heel ladder attacking Dolph Ziggler backstage to earn a spot on team Authority for the Survivor Series main event. At the actual pay per view I have to admit I was really disappointed. I was expecting a lot more from him but I think he got lost in the storyline and he's place on the team and he's role in the match wasn't one hundred per cent clear, but he was one of the longer lasting member's of he's team so I can't complain to much. We then saw him become the Intercontinental champion witch made me very happy indeed but had a short lived run ad disappointing run as champion. Once again, it was if the WWE had not fully thought out where they were going with Harper as champion the timing might not have been right. I personally think that they really did let him down  and could of done some interesting things with him as champion witch would of led him on to bigger things in twenty fifteen. The highlight of he's singles career last year had to be he's ladder match at TLC against Dolph Ziggler. This was a really really good quality ladder match. It was everything you want to see in a ladder match. It was barbaric, unpredictable, dangerous, energetic and entertaining, I kept me eyes on the TV and that's what it's all about. This year hasn't really been the best for Harper. We haven't seen that much of him in action and we have it's been a mixture of both good and bad. He's had some good solid wins and he's jobbed the odd couple of matches for the likes of Ryback and Roman Reigns. The highlight this year for him so far has got to be Wrestlemania. On the biggest night of he's career so far he competed in the Intercontinental championship ladder match alongside, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Stardust, Bad News Barrett and R-Truth. You would of already seen above what I wrote bout this match in my Wrestlemania Review and reactions but there was no doubt about it that Luke Harper was the man of the match and was the true stand out. He was so at home, so comfortable with this stipulation and it really showed throughout the match. He brought the extremity of it, he made it a whole new level of barbaric and the things he did in the match just made him stand out for all the right reasons. Ladders matches have really become he's thing. One of the moments in this match that did get everyone talking was when he sent Ambrose through the ladders taking him out of the match. This has been the foundation of their feud. It's been all about Ambrose getting redemption and Harper proving some point that while Ambrose may be the lunatic fringe, he was the king of extreme right now. The attacks on Ambrose from Harper have been done so well and have been so convincing. Harper gives you impression that he could really do some serious damage to someone and he's come across so convincingly dangerous and I love that. This Sunday we can expect to see more of that.

Then we have Dean Ambrose. Where do I begin. Just like Luke Harper, Ambrose has had a very up and down past twelve months. He spent most of last year on a huge high as one of the top superstars on the roster. When the it came to the end of the Shield split Ambrose really stood out and was able to land on he's own two feet really well, having one of the best feuds I have ever seen with former partner, Seth Rollins. When the feud finished he had a disappoint storyline with Bray Wyatt and from then onwards there on wards he's just really struggled. Now, Ambrose is not to blame at all. He is a seriously strong worker. He's an amazing wrestler, an outstanding mic worker, and he's connection with the WWE universe is one of the strongest at the moment. The problem simply is is that creative and the higher ups have made all the wrong moves and it started at hell in a cell. I will never ever understand why they ever just gave Ambrose the win then have Wyatt attack him after and their feud kick start then and there. The fact he would of won a major match and transitioned into a new feud so quickly would of been such a strong move and the change in emotions from the fans would of gone down a treat, giving bloggers a heck of a lot to write about also. Another huge problem is the fact that since the Shield split up almost a year ago, Dean is yet to win a pay per view match. This really pisses me off to be honest. It's no secret I'm a major Ambrose fan and the treatment he has been getting just doesn't sit well with me at all. This weekend could not be more important for Ambrose. We all know that he is a top talent, main event quality, and it's about time the WWE started treating and showing him to be one. Don't get me wrong, he has had some outstanding matches, but that just isn't enough now. He needs a win and he needs a big one. Out of everyone competing this Sunday, Ambrose is under the most pressure, but so are the WWE. The fans have high expectations for Ambrose and they do want to see him in the main event picture, plain and simple. Getting him in the main event picture is going to be difficult but if he is to get their, they need to start building him up and pushing him starting at Extreme Rules. However, with the WWE building up its mid card titles and brining back a whole new level of credit and prestige to them, he could easily settle for one of those. Another loss this Sunday, and Ambrose could or will in fact will be in serious trouble and the WWE will have some angry fans to deal with.

Ambrose VS Harper is a dream match of mine and I'm beyond happy it's going ahead, but the night could not be more important for both these superstars. Both of them are in need of a serious push. Harper and Ambrose are main event talent who just haven't been able to find their place in the main event picture just yet. This weekend is a big one for them both. What I'm hoping is they get a long time in the ring. If the WWE was to give these guys around fifteen to twenty minuets, they would still the show. No doubt about it. There both so barbaric, so extreme, and so fearless that there's just that unpredictability factor in this match that we're not getting in any other match. You know that regardless of the amount of time these two get on Sunday they are gonna bring it and put on the
match of their lives, stealing the show. These two will meet the expectations, I promise you. When it comes down to who needs it the most, I have to say Ambrose. I think Harper will be able to bounce back really quickly and if he lost this weekend the storyline will be able to go somewhere and they could really not only develop the feud but Harper also, as a character. Dean however needs this win. He wouldn't be able to save himself this time round and bouncing back would just be next to impossible for him. If he does loose this Sunday it really would make no sense what so ever and it would leave that feeling of he's feuds being predicable. It would just be the same old same old, witch is not what Ambrose is about. I think they will both have a huge showing and everyone will be talking about them throughout the night and weeks to come.Harper will bring the diversity and really shake this match up and make the match so much more barbaric. While Dean is all about the unpredictability, the story telling, the entertainment.

Extreme Rules Predictions: John Cena VS Rusev
Extreme Rules Predictions: Nikki Bella VS Naomi
Extreme Rules Predictions: Dolph Ziggler VS Sheamus

Comments

Popular Posts