Top 20 Matches of the Month Part 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. We have reached the end of another month witch means it's time for my top twenty matches of March. This month literally flew by and I didn't even realise it until the end. I think it was because I was so busy with Wrestlemania season and I was getting so stressed that I didn't have time to realise just how quickly it was going. One thing I found this month was that TNA was just on fire! Literally every we got amazing matches and everything fell together really well. The UK shows were some of the best TNA shows we have had in ages. Another thing that has come to my attention this month was that the women in TNA and WWE/NXT had some really great matches and you will see a lot of them feature in this months top twenty. With such a busy month it was really hard to narrow it down to just twenty that I enjoyed but I think I have a list I like now. My top fifteen superstars of the month will be up this week also alongside part one of this post so keep an eye out for those. Remember next month I will introduce TNA Review and Reaction posts so that's something else to look forward too. I will link bellow any recent posts, including my Wrestlemania review and reactions. You can let me know what your match and superstar of the month have been by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

10) Tyler Breeze VS Hideo Itami (NXT 11/3) 
CONTENT FROM NT REVIEW AND REACTIONS- Finally, main event time and Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami stepped in the ring against each other once again. These guys have had some
amazing matches in the past, literally every single match they have had against each other has been outstanding and so I was more than delighted that this match was taking place. Their feud hasn't been over the top at all, it hasn't been gimmicky or over done, it's been all about awesome matches and about proving themselves. What I love about NXT is how diverse their main events are. The fact that we get to see Tag teams, divas, and different superstars main event its just great. While on the main roster we get the same superstars main event week after week after week, and it just gets boring.In fact for the past couple of weeks I have been waiting for the following morning to watch the main event matches and go to bed early, because it's all so predicable. Anyway, Breeze and Itami put on yet another great match and really good main event. It was well put together, every move was executed perfectly and it all just fell together. I was so happy to see Breeze pick up the win and throughout this match all I could think was how much I feel he is going to be the next Ziggler. I think the fans are going to love him on the main roster and really get behind him but the WWE ain't going to give him the time he deserves.

9) Taryn Terrell VS Awesome Kong VS Gail Kim (22/3)
Up next is one of the best knockout matches of the year so far and to be honest a dream knockouts match for me, it of course comes from the triple threat match taken place on the twenty second during the London show  for the knockouts championship between Taryn Terrell, Awesome Kong, and Gail Kim. I actually tweeted out a thew weeks prior to this match about how much I really would love to see a triple threat between these three and I was more than happy to actually see it happen and it really did live up to the expectations. I will admit that I was expecting the match to be longer. I would of loved to have seen it go for about fifteen minuets but they got way more time than what the WWE Divas would of got (on the main roster anyway). But what has become clear over the years in TNA is that you can give knockouts five minuets and know they will put on the best match they can. These girls proved exactly why they are the best of the best and why I wanted to see this match so much. It really had that feel of the championship meant everything and Taryn had an amazing title defence.

8) Roman Reigns VS Seth Rollins (RAW 2/3/15)
Up next was another RAW main event and this time it saw Mr Money in the bank take on former Shield partner and  the man main evented the two thousand and fifteen Wrestlemania pay per view, Roman Reigns. I have said throughout the month how sick and tired I am of how repetitive the WWE main event matches are. There are a lot of superstars in the back that could be used to shake up the main event picture and give us something knew, hopefully we see some changes later on in the year. I do understand however, that March was all about building up Roman Reigns and giving him that extra push in time for Mania and when you look at the roster, Rollins really was the perfect opponent to put over Rollins and give him a solid match before Wrestlemania, and he did indeed. The match itself was much better than I essentially anticipated. It was defiantly main event quality and the guys had a good amount of time to showcase a lot and they really did that. As much as I hate to admit it, Reigns was the stand out in this match when it comes to strength, power, and all round improvement. This was another match were he really showed he was working extremely hard behind the scenes to better himself as an in ring competitor. He was much cleaner in the ring, he's moves were executed much better and he just did a great job maintaining momentum, staying in control, and keeping up with Rollins. Don't get me wrong he still had a heck of a lot left to show and a lot more work to do to be able to defeat Lesnar in a convincing way  but this was a great match and solid performance from both superstars. The addition of Randy at ringside did raise the tensions between Rollins and Orton. In the end it was Rollins who scored the win after having help from Orton. After the match, Reigns got he's revenge, letting he's anger out on the Authority and I have to admit, he really impressed me in these closing moments. Great way to end the show and a really good way in making Reigns look strong.

7)James Storm & Abyss VS The Wolves (6/3)
Tag team match is up next on the list and for a while now the TNA Tag team division has just been on fire and they have been the ones to really watch. This month the outstanding performances continued and I was happy to see the Wolves make their way back into my top twenty matches. I'm sure you guys all know by now that the Wolves are my current favourite tag team and they have been for quite some time now. They just tick all the boxes and they are two wrestlers I can honestly say I could and would, watch them wrestle all night long. On the sixth of this month they proved why once again, when they took on James Storm and Abyss for the TNA Tag team championships.  I've also mentioned before how I have been a fan of Storm and Abyss for a long long time so it's always pretty great seeing them in action despite the fact I haven't been all for this current cult storyline. This match was everything I was expecting and wanted and so much more. Yet again, I could of watched them go at it for a little longer but this was for me the stand out match off the night during this show. The Wolves were just on fire and delivered to such a high standard. The energy was so high and with Matt Hardy at ringside for the Wolves there was so much going on you didn't know where to look or what was going to happen next. What really topped this match for me was the Wolves picking up the win and becoming three time TNA Tag Team champions.

6) Dolph Ziggler VS Daniel Bryan ( RAW 30/3)
CONTENT FROM RAW REVIEW AND REACTIONS- The first match of the night was for the Intercontinental championship as the new champ, Daniel Bryan, was set to take on Dolph Ziggler. Personally, I wasn't too excited for this match. I'm not the biggest Ziggler fan in the world and it all just felt way too repetitive but hey, the booking made everyone happy and it made sense considering they were made the top stars of the match. At commentary for this match was Bad News Barrett witch made be much happier. The match did feel a little messy at the start but it was as predicted a very back and fourth match and for me, there was no true stand out of the two. Ziggler came across very heel like. From how he executed moves to he's all round attitude it was very heel like and I liked that, I've wanted Ziggler to officially turn heel for a long time now and it does look like maybe it could be in the works. Bryan did dominate a good chunk of the match and had some amazing amazing spots. I also want to mention how awesome Barrett did last night on commentary during this match and I actually think that when the he's in ring career is over he could easily turn to commentating. The match last night was so well put together, they both got their moment to shin and both had some outstanding moments, in the end Bryan retained the title. After the match, Barrett went on the attack but we got a surprise return from Sheamus. Now, where do I begin. Debuting a new image, Sheamus had the ultimate heel turn and attacked both Ziggler and Bryan in the best way possible making it clear, he was back. Hated the new image, loved the attack.

5) Randy Orton VS Seth Rollins (29/3 Wrestlemania)
CONTENT FROM WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW AND REACTION-Up next is a match that comes from my current fave feud, Randy Orton VS Seth Rollins. This is a feud months in the making and one that has been built up perfectly so I was all for this match and was most looking forward to it. Seth Rollins was of course accompanied to the ring by J&J Security, while Orton has the entire crowd on he's side. Once again, this was a match with such high expectations and I was really hyping this match up throughout Wrestlemania week.The action in this match was very high very early on and it was next to impossible to take your eyes away from the action. Orton dominated the match in the early stages and proved why he is the face of this business and a true veteran but Rollins did a good job holding he's own and really keeping up with Orton. There was a time in the match Rollins was truly the main focus of the match and took control. J&J security were a really good addition to the match, they added that unpredictability and uncertainty witch I liked a lot. Throughout the match we saw Rollins make himself at home on the top rope witch of course really got the crowd going. I did feel that at times the match fell a little slow but it was all put together really well and I honestly believe we saw the best of them both. After an incredible match it was Orton who won the match after hitting the RKO out of nowhere. Another great match but I do still think it should of been longer.

4)Kurt Angle VS Bobby Lashley (22/3)
Next in my top twenty matches of March is a match I was not expecting to put in my list at all. You will know from the past couple of months that I haven't been enjoying the work between Lashley, Angle, and Roode surrounding the TNA World Championship and so I was very vocal about how I was not looking forward to this match as much as everyone else. However, on this night I was actually staying at my nan's house and this was the first time she had watched TNA Wrestling and so I did feel like I needed to sell it good and paid extra attention to the match, and I'm so glad I did. The build up throughout the night was so strong and so effective, the crowd were amazing (and I'm not just saying that because it's my home crowd. The match itself was just amazing and a huge potential match of the year winner.It had everything you could want in a main event. It was fast paced, they both told a story, and it flat out lived up to the hype. The one thing I loved the most was seeing a major championship change hands in the UK.

3) Intercontinental Championship Ladder match ( 29/3 Wrestlemania)
CONTENT FROM WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW AND REACTION-The first match of the night was the match I was convinced was going to steal the show, the Intercontinental ladder match witch would see Bad News Barrett defend the championship against Daniel Bryan, Stardust, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and R-truth. I and everyone else had high high expectations for this match, it consisted of some of the best of the best and was truly an all star match. Plus if you look back at Wrestlemania ladder match history, it looks pretty freaking amazing. Very early on it was Ambrose who made himself centre of attention as did Stardust and Harper. Harper doing a suicide dive will never get old in my opinion. The crowd were very split between Ambrose,Bryan, and Ziggler throughout the match and they stayed as the top guys of the match throughout. Stardust played he's role as one of the bigger heels in the match and was strangely extremely barbaric and was a big big stand out. Harper did me very proud also. He maintained a dominate figure throughout and really proved he was at home in this stipulation. One of the best moments of the night was the superplex from the top of the ladder from Barrett to Stardust. When Ambrose was taken out it became all about Bryan and Ziggler and in the end Bryan left the winner. I wasn't angry about it at all. This was an outstanding match but Luke Harper was the stand out of this match for me. I could of watch this go on for an hour or more. It lived up to the expiations one hundred per cent, Great way to kick off the show.

2)Sting VS Triple H (29/3 Wrestlemania)
CONTENT FROM WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW AND REACTION- It was then time for the Icon VS Icon match, the match most people including myself was most looking forward too, Sting VS Triple H. The excitement surrounding this match was just insane. This was two generations just going at it and being a such a huge fan of both Triple H and Sting this was a dream match of mine and I along with the entire WWE universe was so pumped for it. The entrances's alone for this match were just amazing and added a whole new feel to it and I was so glad Triple H used he's original theme. It was Sting who took control and dominated the match very very early on and had the crowd going insane. Watching Sting compete really did give me WCW flashbacks and all the childhood feels came back to me. It did't take time at all for Triple H to turn things around and make things go at he's pace. The turning point was when Sting missed a vital move outside the ring with Hunter moved out of the way, leaving the icon crashing into the barrier. Halfway through the match we saw a surprise appearance from DX witch I'll be honest, made me mark out quite a bit. And then things got even better when the NWO made an appearance and I can officially say I marked the total fuck out! This was all one big child hood flashback and I swear there were tears of happiness in my eyes. The addition of Shawn Michaels was enough to actually make me cry a little. I will admit I hated the fact Triple H won the match, I was one hundred percent rooting for Sting but with a match like that you just cant be mad at all. This was how you put on a Mania match. Seeing all the legends in the ring after and the handshake between Sting and Hunter was just amazing and was a true history defying moment.

1) RockStar Spud VS EC3 (15/3)
And finally, this months match of the month and the first TNA match to be match of the month is one of the best TNA main events I have seen in a while. I know that's a pretty bold statement to make but most of the time I can never get into the main event matches both in the WWE and in TNA but from the moment this match started to the moment it ended I was hooked. It was such a change to what we usually get in the main event and it all just came together really well. For months now the feud between Rockstar Spud and Ethan Carter has been growing and growing and it's been one of the only feuds in TNA at the moment that I have actually been interested in and found entertaining. In this particular show, Spud finally got what he has wanted for months; a one on one match with Ethan Carter and he got to do in he's home crowd witch really did add a whole new feel to the match. Now,
I know Spud is an outstanding Wrestler. Anyone who has seen he's work before he signed with TNA knows that, but  as I said, the main event matches just haven't been doing it for me lately and I wasn't expecting much in this match, but as time went on it just got better and better and better. This match just gave us everything you could ask for in a main event and the two hands down stole the show. I loved how extreme it was, how there was that feeling of anything could happen and literally any one of these guys could win. Spud did quite literally have the beating of he's life but he gave EC3 a good run for he's money and proved he deserved to be in that ring competing and was just as gifted as any other wrestler in the TNA locker. After Carter got the win we saw an amazing moment after where he made us believe he had found a new level of respect for Spud and all was now good between the two, but playing he like fools, he soon proved a leopard can't change its spots and attacked Spud and shaved he's head. A really well put together match and all round main event. This is entertainment, this is pro wrestling.


*Special bonus match*
This month there is a special bonus match that has to tie with the March match of the month top spot, and it comes from the NXT Championship match between Finn Balor and Kevin Owens. This match lived up to all the exceptions and delivered on a level that  I don't think the WWE has seen before. They stole the show and proved that the future of World Wrestling Entertainment was in more than safe hands. It fast paced, it had crazy technicality, pure, old school wrestling, they told a great story, and raised the bar to a whole new level.

Top 20 Matches of the month part 1
Top 15 Superstars of the Month
NXT Review and Reactions
Wrestlemania Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts