Harper Will Shine in Solo Career

Image of Luke Harper 
Hey everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. With the split of the Wyatt family now active today I'm going to be taking a look into the potential future of dark horse of threesome Luke Harper and why I think he will shine in he's solo career. I have, in the past, written a post about the Wyatt family named "The real star of the Wyatt family" where I speak more about Harper and what I think of him, so I will make sure to leave the link to that post bellow so you can check that out if you haven't already done so. You can also let me know what YOU think of Luke Harper and he's potential future in the WWE by leaving a comment bellow in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Just over year ago a new faction was born. Three fresh superstars who go by the name's of Luke Harper, Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan would join forces and become the Wyatt family, taking the WWE universe by storm from the get go. Everything about the group was different, from their look to their style to their entrance and theme. The diverse WWE universe was hooked from the start and the WWE pushed the faction in the biggest way possible, having leader Bray Wyatt feud with some of the top stars in the company including John Cena, Kane and Chris Jericho. Over the past year the three up coming stars have taken over the WWE, being involved in big storyline's, feuds, and some of the best matches in recent years, both as singles and tag team's. But one thing that was clear, was that there was one star in the group in the eye's of the WWE. One man they pushed the most, leading the faction to success. That man was Bray Wyatt. With Bray centre stage, Rowan and Harper would be the added extras and would not receive as much of a push as he did. But as time went one the WWE universe began to look deeper into the group and realise there was a true star out of the three not getting the full attention they deserve. That man was Luke Harper. Slowly, he became the dark horse of not just the Wyatt family but the WWE. He began to show a seriously diverse move set, doing things in the ring no one would of thought he could do: this includes suicide dives and massive drop kicks. He started to shine in singles and especially tag team competition, being the stand out star in several tag matches against the Usos. The more we saw of Harper the more we began to love him and want him pushed as a solo star. But with so many huge character in the main event spot, where will Harper fit in? Will he be successful? And will he be able to connect with the WWE universe on a more personal level as a solo star?

I have previously written up a get to know Luke Harper post, witch I will leave the link to bellow also; in that post I spoke about he's time before the WWE and how I loved he's work from the independent scene. I had been following some of he's work for a while and he's CZW stuff is something to seriously go check out so I will make sure to also leave the link bellow to a couple of my favourite matches of he's from that promotion. From the moment I first saw him wrestle I knew he was a big deal and something the WWE will love. He has a very unique style that still manages to be a little traditional. He brings something to the company that no one else does or has in the past and he's talent is mind blowing! Harper, formally known as Broodie Lee, is one of most diverse WWE superstars the company has had in many years. What I have noticed about him is unlike a lot of wrestlers these days in the promotion or should I say many promotions, he manages to connect with all audiences, young, old, male or female. He know's he's character so well and I would go as far to say he is the most comfortable man on the entire WWE roster with he's character. If you look back at he's work before the WWE, it was very similar to the stuff he is doing now and he is clearly very very comfortable within himself and he's gimmick and that show's whenever he is on screen. He's captivating and he leaves people wanting to see more and know more about him witch is a great trait to have in the business.

This past week on RAW, in the closing moments Luke Harper made he's return to the WWE after being out of action for around two months. Over the course of he's absence, the WWE have been teasing fans with video clips, hinting he's solo run and a possible feud with Intercontinental champion Dolph Ziggler. Once again at the end of a Ziggler match the random Eye video was shown witch left a confuse expression on the face of Dolph Ziggler. In those closing moments, Harper would throw to the Authority beaten down Dolph and only said "I'm a team player". To be honest I don't think there was a need for him to say anything, It would of just been as effective if they had him chuck in the room Ziggler after he had attacked him and either left the room after starring at Stephanie and Hunter or they could of ended it with him starring off with the Authority in the room.
We can now assume that Harper will be apart of team Authority for the survivor series match up, witch I think is a great great idea. I will obviously be doing my predictions for the whole PPV next week so I will be talking about it more then. I honestly think the lead up to he's return has been extremely strong and very very effective. The entire WWE universe has anticipating he's return and I have to admit the WWE did a good job this time round with Harper and pushing he's solo run. He's actual return has been done really well also. Putting him straight in the spotlight in the Survivor Series main event is a great move to make. It will allow him to really shine as a solo competitor and really allow us to see more of him in the ring. Honestly I think Harper and Rusev are going to steal the show and having him in the main event is really going to cement a strong future for them both, especially Harper.
The WWE have also hinted a feud with Dolph Ziggler and if I'm honest I don't think there is a better person on the roster for Ziggler to drop the Intercontinental championship too. Harper holding the title will be a great way to really kick start a strong future for him and work with Ziggler, I think will honestly bring out the best in him and he's move set while at the same time pushing him big time as a heel.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Harper is a main event star. He's is not at all fitted for the jobbers or mid card section of the roster at all. He's hands down a main event superstar and I'm so glad the WWE can see that and are pushing him in the right direction. Storyline wise there is a lot they can do with him and these next couple of weeks are going to be vital in cementing he's future. A couple of promo's are much needed to have a look at he's mic work and get him fitted into the place he's suppose to be for Survivor Series. If I'm honest I think the Wyatt family was holding him back big time! Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great way to kick start he's career in the WWE, but the simple fact that Wyatt was the front man meant that Harper was not getting the attention he deserved and now he can really shine. I think he has a lot to show and will really shock the WWE universe in the up coming months. He's still fairly young (34) and is very fresh. He brings something very different to the company and re-stores a lot of faith in the company, promising to bring something
new and exciting. Fans simply love him and what he's all about, he's modern and interesting and we all want to see what comes next from him.

Let me know what YOU think of Luke Harper and he's possible future by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Matches to watch:
Brodie Lee VS Jon Moxley
Brodie Lee VS Cheech
Brodie Lee VS Claudio Castagnoli

Recent Post:
My top ten British wrestlers
Why this is an important month for Rusev
What's next for Erick Rowan


Comments

Popular Posts