RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. So it's Tuesday and it can of course only mean one thing, it's time for my RAW Review and Reactions. After an epic Survivor Series this past Sunday the WWE universe were expecting an outstanding episode of RAW, but did the company live up to the expectations? With shock returns, awesome matches, crazy segments and deep story development, today I'm going to take you back to the action's of last night and what I personally thought of the show. You can of course let me know what YOU thought by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will also leave the link's bellow to any recent post, including my Survivor Series Review and Reactions.

The night started out with Stephanie McMahon and Triple H coming to the ring to say their goodbyes to the WWE universe. Of course their was a wave of "You are fired" and the good bye song from the Indianapolis crowd, witch the power couple would quickly address. Stephanie was first to hit the mic and tried to speak through slowly coming "tears" and it wouldn't take long for Triple H to step in and get on that mic like he never has done before. In one heck of a powerful promo, Hunter made it clear that one day the WWE universe would be begging for them to come back, that the WWE was nothing without the Authority and the company wouldn't last more than three week's without him. He also expressed the fact that he felt that their was no one who could do their job, who could run RAW and Smackdown. It was then that Daniel Bryan's theme would echo through the arena and the crowd went nuts, with YES chants everywhere. Of course Bryan would rub it into the faces of Stephanie and Hunter right until they were backstage. After the ad break, Daniel announced he was running RAW that night called out the rest of the Authority. This was when Daniel began really showing just how much power he had for
the night, when he put the fate of Seth Rollins in the hands of the WWE universe. He would announce that the main event would see John Cena and Dolph Ziggler participate in a three on two handicap match against Seth Rollins and two partners chosen by the WWE universe via the WWE app. The suggested teams were, Luke Harper and Mark Henry, Kane and Mark Henry and Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Bryan also gave fellow tag team partner a little change in job as he went from Corporate Kane to "Director of Food and Beverage" aka Concessions Kane. As for the United States champion Rusev, he was forced to choose between defending he's title in a battle royal or he and Lana would have to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in front of an American flag. He also announced Harper would face Dean Ambrose and Mark Henry would go one on one with Ryback.

Opening match was of course Ryback VS Mark Henry witch came about after being ordered by Daniel Bryan. To be fair these two did have a pretty good match back at Wrestlemania last year witch I'm sure you have all seen. Before the match could even begin Ryback attacked Mark Henry throwing him head first into the steel post, leading into the commercial break. After he geared up the crowd with a "Feed me more" chant Ryback hit a meat hook clothesline and picked up the first win of the night. I did want this match to be longer. I think after having a poor Survivor Series performance both men needed to regain some momentum, especially Ryback,  and a strong ten minuet match would of done the trick in my book. If I'm honest I'm not sure the WWE know 100% what their doing next with Ryback, but it needs to be something good and big considering how much they hyped he's return up.
Up next, Luke Harper was set to defend he's Intercontinental championship against the lunatic fringe himself, Dean Ambrose. Now I'm a huge indie wrestling fan, and I've seen so many Broodie Lee/ Jon Moxley matches so seeing these two step in the ring together once again, this time in WWE, was like a dream come true. Honestly, if these two were given thirty minuets in the ring, they would give us one of the best wrestling matches we have seen in years. I will try and leave some link's bellow to some of my favourite matches of theirs together. In my opinion this was the match of the night, I just wish it was a tad bit longer than what it was. The ending was pretty out of nowhere to say the least, Harper hurled Ambrose into the referee calling for  a DQ win to Ambrose. Yeah I don't know how I feel about this to be honest. After the match Ambrose attempted to do the same thing he did to Bray the previous night to Harper, however he's plans were cut short when out of nowhere Bray Wyatt himself made an appearance and attacked Ambrose in a similar way Ambrose did to him at Survivor Series. After hitting the sister Abigail Wyatt throw Ambrose across the announce table and buried him with chairs. Now this is already a better build up to their next match.

Gold and Stardust had their re-match also last night for the tag team championships after losing the titles to The Miz and Damien Mizdow. I love the fact that we have new tag team champs and I love who is holding the titles now, but this match was just not on my "I cant wait to see" list. It was an okay match, nothing amazing but a nice little solid match. I mentioned last night that I' getting bored of the Stardust gimmick and I just hate any match of he's, maybe it's best to somehow bring Cody Rhodes back. I also really wanna see Goldust put in something really strong. Miz managed to scoop up the pin fall win to retain the championships.
Last night also saw a shock appearance from WWE Hall of famer Sgt. Slaughter. He of course was apart of the Rusev and Lana section of the show, witch saw them forced to recite the pledge of Allegiance. Lana did start to do as she was ordered however Rusev interrupted and the pair walked off backstage after being attacked by Jack Swagger. If the WWE are going to give the Rusev/Swagger feud a go then they have to really work at it, and it would make sense this time round considering that Rusev is the United states champ.

Other matches from last night include, Fandango defeating Justin Gabriel, as we saw on Sunday on the Survivor series kick off show, Fandango has had a little up grade witch I think I have expressed my feelings about enough over the past 48 hours. Tyson Kidd and Natalya also defeated Adam Rose and the bunny

After tuning on he's team this past Sunday at Survivor Series, Big show had some explaining to do and so hit the ring to address the WWE universe. He explained that he had made a mistake, that he acted in the heat of the moment and after fearing for he's job due to the poor performance from team Cena, Big show explained he felt he did what was best at the time. He then called out any cowards in the locker room to criticise him to he's face, that of course led to Erick Rowan coming out to confront Show. I'm not going to lie, this made me way more happy than it should of. I was begging for Rowan to come out and then he did! So I was beyond happy. After bashing Rowan, the former Wyatt family member had enough and claimed he doesn't like bullies and attacked Show. Now I never ever thought I'd say this but I really would like a feud between these two. I honestly think it's really promising and would be a strong start to he's solo career. He clearly has been over shadowed by Harper and Bray. He's move set is very diverse and I think he has a lot to show, this feud would be great for him.

The only divas match of the night saw AJ Lee go one on one with Brie Bella. I'm a little confused as to weather or not Brie is a heel or not now but I do like the idea of both Bella's being heels to be honest. After Nikki caused the distraction Brie was able to pick up a quick win. AJ also hit the mic and showed that she is hands down one of the best female speakers around. I know there are plenty of ridiculous feminist and just stupid people moaning about what AJ said but I thought it was freaking amazing and is officially one of my favriout quotes. Talent is not sexually transmitted.

Main event time and of course Seth Rollins was forced to team up with Mercury and Noble after the WWE universe choose them, to face Dolph Ziggler and John Cena. The match was good but not main event material what so ever. We also had the return of the anonymous RAW general manager witch in my opinion is the worse decision to ever be made.

RAW Predictions

Survivor Series Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts