RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. It's Tuesday witch can only mean one thing, it's time for my RAW Review and Reactions. As always I will leave the link's bellow to last week's edition of Review and reactions and any other recent posts, including my RAW Predictions. As always you can let me know what YOU thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

With the road to Survivor Series officially on the way, last night some light was brought to the PPV and future potential matches began to become more clear. The show focused on building up the line up for the PPV and getting the WWE universe thinking about who will be on team Cena and who will be on team Authority. To our surprise the show opened with the chairman Vince McMahon alongside Stephanie and Hunter. Of course the opening segment was all about Survivor Series and promoting the fact that the WWE network is free for all new subscribers throughout November.... apart from UK fans obviously, who had the launch date pushed back once again. During the segment Vince would make a special announcement and add something new and more intresting to the traditional Survivor Series match up. We now know that at the Survivor Series PPV, if team Authority fail to defeat team Cena, than the Authority will know longer be in control. I thought this was a great idea and has defiantly made me more interested in the match. It's just added that little more that it really need to grip the fans and get us excited. There's actual meaning to the match now and it all round seems more serious and entertaining. Storyline wise this opens a lot of doors for the next couple of months leading up to the new year. It's also got a lot of people really thinking and the question; who will be in power if the Authority loses? has risen.  As the three bosses made their way out of the ring Dean Ambrose's music would hit and the lunatic fringe would make he's way to the ring for he's match up with Cesaro. On the way however there was a strange moment between Ambrose and Vince as the two shook hands. Let the speculation begin.

So the opening match saw Dean Ambrose and Cesaro go at it one on one for a third show in a row. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of both these superstars and I'm constantly talking about them here on my blog and on twitter. They have put on some amazing matches against each other this year but the reality of it is, is I don't want to see them face off three show's in a row. It was a very predicable match and after only seeing the two square off a couple of nights ago I didn't really see a point in watching it again. I was thinking about it last night and I honestly think the WWE need to be careful with their booking with Dean Ambrose. They could very easily go down in the wrong path with him if they don't pay more attention. With so many superstars out of action the competition is very weak. Names like Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Barrett, and even Bo Dallas means some of the most simple of mid card matches are a struggle to go ahead let alone main event superstars and their matches, and with Orton leaving to film, things could easily get a lot worse. What I also thought was interesting was the fact Cena was not at the show last night despite already having so many superstars out. The WWE need to keep Ambrose in strong, entertaining lengthy matches with superstars who are real competition. I have mentioned in the past that he needs to pick up more wins but having him in the same matches with the same superstars picking up win after win over them only is not good enough and is doing more bad than good. With a limited set of top superstars I get this is going to be difficult but there is a lot of under used superstars in the back that could really shine in the next couple of months. Cesaro on the other hand is an amazing wrestler and all round superstar. He has more than proven himself this year and has earned the right to be names one of the best current superstars on the roster. Storyline wise the WWE need to get their act together with him. I know there has been some backstage problems with Cesaro but he's a huge, underrated superstar and the WWE need to do the right thing with him before it's too late. The match itself, I thought was good. As I said I was hardly into it because of how much I have seen the two of them compete against each other already this year, but once again they performed amazingly and it was a great way to kick start the show.I would of liked to have seen it go on for a little longer and maybe have Cesaro get a little more offence but he was by far the stand out of this match and once again wowed the WWE universe with he's wise and impressive move set. Despite having Bray Wyatt watching the match in he's rocking chair, Dean Ambrose scooped up another win over the Swiss superman. More on the Wyatt/Ambrose feud this week on Talk Wrestling World.

Up next, The Miz went one on one with Jimmy Uso, with Jey and Mizdow at ringside. By now the whole world know's how I feel about the Usos. I think I moan about them every time their on my TV. I've had a roller-coaster journey this year with Jimmy and Jey. At the start of the year I didn't really have any opinion on them to be honest, then I really liked them and was rooting for them to become the tag team champions, and then it just faded out and they just make me frustrated! It just seems all interest in them has gone down hill. Their matches are extremely predictable and their just flat out boring in my opinion. Rant over. To be honest I was mainly focusing on Damien "Mizdow" once
again. He's simply pure entertainment and I can't keep my eyes off of him and what he's up too out side of the ring. I can't make many comments about the actual match because as I mentioned I was hardly watching it but what I do know is Miz ended up picking up the win off the distraction. The crowd and twitter once again showed their love for Damien.

It was then time for Sheamus to hit the ring as he went one on one with Tyson Kidd. Of course I was extremely happy about this as you will all know from my tweets last night. After watching Kidd's work in NXT, I've become a huge huge fan of he's and I could talk about how much I love him and how underrated and under used he is. I loved everything about this match, from start to finish. The fact that Kidd was even on RAW last night made me the happiest person in the whole world. I keep saying it, but Tyson should be main event RAW not having the odd match every other week, but I'm gonna except the fact that the WWE make the worse decisions and appreciate him being on my screen last night. The match itself was pretty impressive. To my surprise Kidd had a lot of offence and controlled a great deal of the match. I do think it should of been a little longer just so we could see more of both superstars in the ring, but I understand that Sheamus was set to have another match later on in the show. The ending I thought was done to perfection. Kidd ended up picking up the win via count out. This was probably one of the best decision made throughout the whole night. It worked for both superstars. The fact Kidd didn't pick up a pin fall or submission win means it didn't damage to much momentum from Sheamus before he's match with Rusev later on in the show but did make everyone question weather or not that will through me off the match. However for Tyson this was a great move for he's current work and was still a win at the end of the day.

There was then a segment between the Authority and Dolph Ziggler, where Stephanie and Triple H would try and get Ziggler to leave team Cena. I actually loved this segment. Everything about it worked. I hardly even tweeted throughout it  I was that interested in it.After turning down the offer from the authority Ziggler was forced to defend he's intercontinental championship against Seth Rollins. This was by far the match of the night for me. I could honestly watch these two wrestle all night long. They compliment each other so well, their very similar in the ring but they both bring something different. Once again I wish it was a little longer but what we got last night was amazing. Randy would make an appearance towards the end of the match and RK'd Seth Rollins meaning Ziggler retained the championship. It was later announced that Orton and Rollins would go one on one for the nights main event.

Other wins of the night include, Nikki Bella defeating Emma. Brie would then slap AJ after the match as instructed by Nikki. This was the only diva match of the night. Ryback got a win over Titus O'Neil. This match wasn't that bad considering it was like two minuets. Big show got a DQ win over Henry. Rusev defeated Zack Ryder and later became the new united states champion, after defeating Sheamus. I will have a separate post on this up later in the week.

The main event saw Randy Orton finally get he's hands on Mr Money in the bank Seth Rollins. To be honest after having such an amazing match against Ziggler earlier on in the night I wasn't expecting much from  this match but it was hands down the second best match of the night and I have to give it Seth, he was the man of the night last night and did a great great job in both matches. And to top it he managed to pick up the win over Orton. After the match however, Randy was attacked by the Authority witch I should imagine is how they are writing him out of action while he goes off and films.




RAW Predictions:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/raw-predictions.html

RAW Review and Reactions:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/raw-review-and-reactions_28.html

WWE have one last shot with Ryback:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/wwe-have-one-last-shot-with-ryback.html

Comments

Popular Posts