My Top Ten British Wrestlers

Travis as the LDN Champion
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. Today I have something a little different, as I give you my top five British Wrestlers of today. I have been a little hesitant to do this post mainly because most of the people who read my blog are from America and I wasn't sure how many of you would actually be interested in this post, but I decided to do it any way. If this goes down well I will defiantly do a part two because there's so many guys and girls I wanna speak about and I couldn't fit it all in this post. If you haven't heard of any of these guys I seriously suggest you go check out some their work! As always I will leave the links bellow to any recent post and you can let me know who YOU'RE favourite British wrestler are (past or present) by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. SIDE NOTE- THIS IS NO PARTICULAR ORDER


10) Jonathan Hardwick 
Kicking off the top ten is Jonathan Hardwick. Now a quick little side note, there will be a lot of the LDN guys featured in this list because I recently went to an LDN show and have been looking at a lot of the guys on the rosters work, so keep that in mind. When I went to the LDN show (I think it was about  month ago) the opening match featured Jonathan Hardwick and I have to admit he was one of my favourites of the night. Now I have expressed on several occasions here on my blog and on twitter that I hate, with a passion, stereotypical gimmicks. Most of the time they're cheesy, awkward and flat out hard to watch, but Hardwick works he's typical British gimmick extremely well. He's clearly comfortable with the character and playing a heel.He worked the crowd well, he's a clear speaker, he's move set is very impressive and what I love is that he stays in character throughout he's matches and he never gets distracted or starts acting out of character. He's young, he's talented and he has so much potential, II seriously can't wait to see more of him.

9)Martin Stone
At number nine is hands down my current favourite British wrestler, Martin Stone. Stone has been a favourite of mine for years now, he's one of those wrestlers that simply has it all. When I found out he was signed to WWE I was completely over the moon and I honestly so so happy for him. It was like he was finally going to get the recognition he truly deserved, and then I find out the WWE completely screw him up. Now I plan on doing a big separate post on Stone so keep an eye out for that in the next couple of weeks. Some of you may have seen Stone in season two of British Boot camp where he showed not only amazing wrestling ability but outstanding mic skills. He's a guy that knows he business inside out and honestly think the WWE lost a huge huge talent who could of gone on to be a serious competitor, main eventing and becoming WWE champion. He's talent is out of this world and you seriously have to go check out he's work, I will leave some links bellow of some of my fave stuff from him. What I love about Martin is he's passion and genuine love for pro wrestling, when he speaks and wrestles you can see how much it means to him, he's a serious talent and I can't wait to write more about him.

8) Marty Scurll
This list would not be complete without number eight, Marty Scurll. Scurll is another wrestler I could just talk about all day and give you a post all about him and the one hundred reasons I love him. When I first got into British Wrestling Scurll was the first wrestler I got that connection with. The one guy I wanted to watch wrestle every single day. He has the "It" factor. He's a good speaker, a serious wrestler and an amazing entertainer. He works the crowd so well and is so comfortable in what he does. He's one of those wrestlers were you could give him any gimmick and he would work it, it's hard to imagine people not knowing who he is, so If you don't know of him go and google him like right now! He's personality shines though in every match and he's just an interesting character with crazy wrestling ability. He was also apart of British boot camp series one.

7)RJ Singh
At number seven in my top ten British wrestlers is RJ Singh. Once again, I could talk about Singh in a big separate post. He has everything I look for in a wrestler. He's someone who you watch and know has so much experience and passion for what he does.  He's a natural performer and what he does in the ring is so impressive. It's still a goal of mine to see him perform live and it takes a lot for me to like someone so much I have a goal to see them live. What I love the most about RJ is  he's not too much. When he speaks is very natural and not too forced. He has been apart of some huge huge matches and some of my favourite British Pro wrestling matches.

6)Dave Mastiff
Coming in at number six in my top ten British Wrestlers is, British boot camp season two competitor Dave Mastiff. I have been watching Dave wrestler for quite some time now and I have to admit I'm a huge huge fan of he's so when I saw him on my TV screen a couple of weeks back as a competitor for season two of TNA British Boot camp I think it's safe to say I marked the F**K out! I have to admit I do see Mastiff as a WWE guy and I'm not going to give up believing in the hope that one day he will grace the big screens. He's the type of guy you look at and judge, you write him off as a not so good wrestler, when it comes down to physicality, but when you see him in the ring he blows you're mind away. Even I was shocked when I first saw him wrestle. I honestly love everything about Mastiff. I love the look, the style, the move set, everything he is about. He has that traditional feel about him but at the same time he's very modern and a little unique. He's the type of start you could see work as both a heel and baby face. He's just as fit as any other guy that walks into the ring and he can cut a monster of a promo.

5)Matt "Wolf" Walters 
At number five is Matt "Wolf" Walters. When I went to the LDN show Matt was apart of the opening match and I was really impressed. As soon as he came out of the doors he worked the crowd. Both the kids and the adults loved him and knew how to get the attention of the whole audience. He got the crowd cheering and deeper into the match and kept us interested. I sells good, he executes moves well, he uses the whole ring and he's surroundings to he's advantage. He did things in the ring no one else did on the night and took a risk with he's moves. He was exciting and fresh and he kept me watching and left me wanting to see more from him. Being so young, I can only predict a bright bright future for him and he would suit indie wrestling down to a T and would fit right into the ROH scene.

4)Grado 
Number four will come to no surprise, but its Grado. How anyone could not love Grado I don't know, if you haven't heard of this guy before, he wrestles for ICW, has been apart of a BBC Three documentary and is contestant on the TNA British boot camp series two. Anyone who has seen Grado's work will say one thing, entertaining! You know whenever you're going to see Grado you're going to get full on entertainment but at the same time good quality wrestling. He's someone who lives and breathes wrestling and that truly does show throw everything he does. He may not be shown as a series competitor on Boot camp but trust me he is serious talent. He's another wrestler that can work any crowd and keeps you entertained and glued to the ring waiting to see what's gonna happen next. He brings the excitement, the entertainment and the good quality wrestling. Weather you're a young fan or an older fan you flat out love Grado.

3) Travis 
At number three is Travis. If you don't know who Travis is, he's the young wrestler in the first picture of this post, right at the top; he wrestles for LDN and is a serious competitor to watch out for in the up coming years. Travis was another star at the LDN show I went to a couple of months back and he was my favourite of the night. Out of all the young guys wrestling on the night he seemed to be the one with the strongest move set, the best executed moves and the most connected with the crowd. Everything he did in the ring was exciting and he's interaction with the crowd throughout both he's matches was amazing and he kept you watching him and only him even when he was on the matt struggling. He's energy in every match he's in is so strong and is something that you can't not talk about. He has bags of potential and I could really see him on the big screens working for the big American promotions in the future.

2) Jack Jester 
Coming in at number two is one of my favourite British wrestlers around, Jack Jester. Whenever someone asks me who I think they should go and check out when it comes to British wrestling the first name that is more than likely to come out of my mouth is Jack Jester. I honestly could talk about Jester all day long. He's one of those wrestlers that gives me everything I want in a wrestling match and character. He's passion and love for what he does is so genuine and  natural you can't not be a fan of he's. No matter what Jack is doing I'm interested in, he could simply be sweeping the dirt around from a ring and I would be captivated. He's someone who you would pass in the street and know is a talent, someone to watch, someone who is truly special. I would go as far to say he is one of the strongest talents the UK has right now and has had in years. He's traditional yet different and he leaves you wanting more after every single match. I honestly love everything about him from the character to the wrestling to he's genuine self. I did mention how I was planing on doing more British wrestling based blog posts and I really want to write up on he's work with Drew Galloway, so keep an eye out for that posts.

1) Johnny Kidd
Jack Jester
And finally at number one is a true British Wrestling legend, Johnny Kidd. I saw Kidd wrestle when I went to the LDN show, twice in one night and he was honestly amazing. Growing up I never watched much British Wrestling but my Granddad was a huge fan of Kidd and so I knew quite a bit about him and had seen a handful of he's work, so it was truly amazing being able to go to the show with my Granddad and watch Johnny wrestle, then actually meet him after the show. He's a true wrestler with so much experience and heart and even though he's not the youngest guy on the roster he owned the night that night and gave the young guns a real run for their money. "You still got it" chants echoed through the room and everyone in the crowd, weather it was a young kid, a teenager or an older member where cheering him on and rooting for him because he simply has that natural sense about him. He's a true legend and has been a huge part of my wrestling life. He's someone I always compare other British talents to and I honestly think we will be seeing Kidd wrestle for many more years to come.


Why this month is important for Rusev

Comments

Popular Posts