Survivor Series Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. Last night the WWE presented the two thousand and fourteen Survivor Series pay per view, live from St Louis Missouri, and what a truly epic show it was. The first TLC match was announced, two titles changed hands, Brie kissed AJ, Dolph Ziggler was the star of the show and the icon Sting made he's long awaited WWE debut. Today I'm going to be giving you my full review and reactions for the three hour show. I will leave the link's bellow to any recent post so you can check those out if you haven't already done so; you can also let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow in the comments section or of course by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


So as I already mentioned last night's Pay per view was pretty amazing and was easily one of the best pay per views of the year. The actual wrestling quality was insane and very very impressive. Almost every match was full of amazing wrestling quality and their was some good story development. There was a handfuls of superstars and divas who stood out and I will go on to talk about them in more detail as the post goes on.

The night started out with the chairman Vince McMahon making he's way down to the ring to address both the WWE universe and the Authority. There was a lengthy segment between Vince, Stephanie and Triple and eventually Cena would joint he mix. Stephanie stole this segment with her passion and amazing mic an character work. Vince also made one more announcement before the pay per view could officially begin; that would be that if team Authority looses, they of course will e out of power (witch we already knew), however the only person that can bring them back is the man himself, John Cena. I know there was a lot of people who thought this segment was pointless and it should of been on RAW rather than the actual pay per view itself, but I thought it was a good idea doing it  last night. It added more to the main event and gave more excitement and more to fight for. The segment was strong and it kicked started the show really really well in my opinion.

First match of the night saw the tag team titles being defended in a fatal four way with the teams of; The Miz and Damien Mizdow, The Usos, Los matadores  and the current champs, Gold and Star Dust. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to this match. Nothing excited me about it and I just was not into the build up what so ever. I should also mention I didn't see the point in having Los Matadores in the match considering they have no character, no charisma and no connection with the fans. As for the Usos, I don't even know why they were put in this match either, they already had to shots at the titles, they sure as hell didn't need another one! Of course the most over guy in the match up was Damien. The whole arena was waiting for him to get in the ring and if anyone got in the way of him getting in the ring the crowd went nuts. The match itself was good. Nothing truly stood out for me, but it was nice opening match, it was strong and entertaining. I hate to say it but the stand out's where the Usos, but there was not a single part of me that wanted to see them win and become the champs again. There was some great spots in the match and the ending was perfect. Not only did Miz and Mizdow become the new tag team champions but it was Damien who made the pin fall! I think at this moment everyone was just a little too happy and excited, I know I sure was. I thought it was a great move having the title's change hands and even better having these guys win.

Next up, divas action, and it was time for Team Paige to take on Team Natalya. Paige's team
consisted of Summer Rae, Layla and Cameron and Natalya's team consisted of Naomi, Emma and Alicia Fox. Now the ending to this match was really bad but the actual match was actually really good. For once the divas didn't get just five minuets in the ring; they had a lengthy time in the ring and every diva got to show something. Stand out's for me were Emma, Paige, Naomi and Natalya. Each diva got a good time in the ring, I do wish we got to see more of Alicia but it was a strong divas match up. I do think the ending was ridiculous. They just buried Paige and it made no sense. They could of really put her over last night and gave her a strong little push by having her eliminate all the members of team Natalya but it was a clean sweep for Natalya and her girls. Later on in the night AJ was set to defend her divas championship against Nikki Bella, however thing's did not quite go down as expected. Right at the start of the match Brie kissed AJ distracting her and allowing Nikki to pick up the win and become the new divas champion. Yeah... that actually happened. I get why they did, it made sense and everything but I was honestly looking forward to a lengthy, strong divas match and a time for Nikki to really shine and prove her haters wrong. But on the plus note, it was pretty hot and we do have a new divas champion.


Next up was Dean Ambrose VS Bray Wyatt and as I mentioned several time's last night, I really do wish the WWE paid more attention to this feud and not made it such a one match pay per view because I was not half as excited as I should of been. However I was pretty pumped for it and I was interested to see how it would all unfold. This was easily the second best match of the night it was just a disappointing ending. The crowd and everyone twitter was split between the two stars and no one really knew witch way it was gonna go. The match itself was amazing and I just wish it was a lot longer. This was really shaping to be one of the best matches of the year but it was just not long enough in my opinion. They both did amazing and really proved the future of the WWE is in great hands. The match ended in DQ after Dean hit Bray with a steel chair. He would eventually bring in more chairs and send Bray through a table. After burring him in chairs and tables, Ambrose got a ladder out and climbed to the top. It was later announced that at the TLC pay per view next month, Dean and Bray will go one on one in a Tables, Ladders and chairs match, witch is pretty awesome. I thought it was a smart move how they ended the match; Bray got the win but it was Ambrose who looked strong and he really did need too. They both got what they needed out of the match and now it's time to start making our predictions for TLC.

Main event time now and what a main event it was. I'm gonna put it out there, I honestly think this is hands down the best match of the year. It had everything I could ever want in a match up an it was gold pure gold, from start to finish. The stand out's for me where, Rusev, Erick Rowan, Seth Rollins and of course Dolph Ziggler. Dolph was hands down the man of not just the match but the night. He completely stole the show. The match itself was just amazing. The excitement and intensity never ended. It kicked off the perfect way having an early elimination from team Authority at the hands of Big show. It really got you ready for some amazing stuff and warned you not to take you're eyes off of you're TV screens. I was really shocked that Ryback was the first member of team Cena to be eliminated, I honestly did not see that coming at all, he didn't have enough time to shine in my eyes. Rusev was on fire last night and he was a true true stand out; they eliminated him perfectly. I'm so glad they didn't make him have he's first pin fall loss in this match and the way he was eliminated  made him look really really strong. Rowan and Harper looked great last night too. I was surprised to see Cena eliminated and not be the last man standing for he's team but it was a great move to make and having Show turn heel in the process was perfect. Now Ziggler, hands down stole the fucking show. I'm so glad the WWE gave him last night to really shine because he fucking owned that match! The cursing is so necessary at this point because I was just so proud of Ziggler and he once again proved why he should be holding that WWE world heavyweight championship. After he's performance last night the WWE really do need to do something big with him, way more than they have been doing anyway. I was so happy he got he's time to shine and Cena didn't hog the spotlight. Seth also had an amazing amazing performance.
Then it was time for the shock of the night. Even though I had been reading the rumours all week i still marked the fuck out and I had was speechless for the first time in my life as Sting made he's WWE debut. At that moment the internet blew up and I went pretty damn crazy. It was done to perfection and right at the right time. And we can now look forward to a Sting/ Triple H feud leading up to Wrestlemania 31.



Comments

Popular Posts