My top 10 WWE Matches of the year so far

Hey Everyone! So I'm here today with a very special post and the first of my pre TWW awards. So In December I will be doing my TWW awards were I will basically give my personal awards for the same categories as the WWE Slammy's. Today I will be doing my top 10 matches of the year so far. As I said before there my personal favourites and personal opinions. You can let me know what your match of the year is by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

10) Tyson Kidd VS Adrian Neville ( June 12th)
Kicking off the countdown at number 10 is the first appearance of an NXT superstar, Adrian Neville VS Tyson Kidd from the June 12th show. Now unless you watch NXT you probably wont understand why these two are in the countdown but if you do you will know exactly why! Neville and Kidd went one on one for the first time back at NXT Takeover in witch was an amazing amazing match up, one that I did not predict to be so good and one that I did not think could be topped. However I was proved wrong when the two faced off once again in a re-match ordered by Tyson Kidd a thew weeks later. The match up was truly amazing and PPV material. It was back and forth back and forth and not only was I really really impressed by new superstar Adrian Neville but I was completely mind blowed by WWE superstar Tyson Kidd. Now I've never been a huge fan of Tyson, he's never really been able to show what he can do and what he is capable of but I think everyone who has been watching him these past thew months over on NXT will agree with me when I say the man is extremely talented and underrated. He showed real good skill in the ring from submission holds to basic moves to really impressive move's I haven't seen anyone prefect in a while. He showed character, skill, passion and so much more. He's been pulling off the heel character perfectly and stayed in role throughout the match. And as for Adrian Neville, this man truly is the future of the WWE. He brings a sense of veteran style to high flying. There's no one like him in the WWE at the moment, he's like a RVD meets Evan Bourne, and to think he is only at the beginning of he's time in WWE is truly amazing.He showed diversity and charisma ad stayed on top a lot during the match picking up an amazingly clean win, in witch was one of the best match's of 2014 so far.

9) The Usos VS Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (Battleground)
At number 9 is the most recent match in the countdown and it is the tag team match up we saw this past Sunday at the Battleground PPV witch saw the tag team champions The Usos square off once again with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan from the Wyatts. Now These two teams have had amazing matches over the past couple of months but for me this one really did top it. I personally have not been so into a traditional 4 man tag match in ages and these men really did give us the best tag team match in a very long time. The fact it was a 2 out of 3 falls match really did make it that much better. The crowd were very into the match and I'm sure everyone at home was. The Usos truly did up there game. Both Jimmy and Jey gave it there all and there performance stood out throughout the whole night! I had no idea how amazing they are and what they could do just because they have been hidden a lot since they came to WWE but they proved all the haters wrong last Sunday and proved they deserve to be the tag team champions. However it was Harper and Rowan who stood out most for me, especially Harper. Now these two are for sure the most improved superstars over the past year. Harper single handily stole the show! Once again he showed how diverse he is, he stayed in character throughout the entire match and entertained everyone. He's moves were executed perfectly and he sold pretty well also. Rowan was a little weaker but he's performance was the best he's had in my opinion and he is improving a lot. For me this was not only the best Tag match of the year but the best tag match we have seen in a very long time.

8) Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar (Wrestlemania 30)
Number 8 see's arguably the most talked about match of the year and probably the disappointment of the year not to mention controversial. Now I will be doing a complete separate post on this match all together just because of how controversial it was and to be honest still is. This year was the biggest Wrestlemania so far and it saw the Undertaker go one on one witch the beast Brock Lesnar. Personally I'm a big big fan of Lesnar from he's early days in WWE to he's UFC work, However the undertaker has been one of the most influential superstars in my life growing up, so I was more than happy when these two began feuding and got to see them face off at the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. Now apart from epic entrances the match as a whole was truly amazing. One problem I had with it was the length, I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but I do think it could of been just a little bit longer. But the match was back and forth back and fourth and just like every other Take Wrestlemania match I was on the edge of my seat and trust me when I say no one spoke during the match at home and it was all very tense, I just had this gut feeling the streak was going to end. Was it Lesnars best match? No no way but it was awesome and it was great seeing them both in the ring together. They had great chemistry and put on one of the most entertaining matches of the year. And when Lesnar hit that surprise 1.2.3 count it was one of the most devastating moments of my life! The reactions were so honest and real and I literally did not speak any other word apart from "No" for like 10 minuets. The whole world was in pure shock, and I'm so happy I got to see such a historic match and moment Live.

7) Cesaro VS Sammi Zayn (NXT Arrival)
It's time for the second NXT match in the count down and this one comes in at number seven. Now this is another match people are calling "match of the year" and it saw NXT fan favourite Sammi Zayn and one of my personal favourites of the year Cesaro. Now any NXT fan know's about the amazing rivalry these two have had and they have had some of the best matches in a very long time. This was another 2 out of 3 falls match and it took place at NXT Arrival. I was really late seeing this match because I'm from the UK but when I did finally get to watch it I really understood the hype around it and what everyone was talking about. They both were stand out's and regardless of the out come Sammi made a true name for himself that night and proved not only does he deserve to be in NXT but he deserves to be in the WWE full stop and everyone gained so much respect for him. Cesaro was on top during the match, he showed he's strength, diversity and some character. The crowd were fully into the match and it was a full action packed match were there was no loser. They BOTH did amazingly well and there was no weak one in the match.

6) Dolph Ziggler VS Bad News Barrett ( RAW June 23)
Number six in the countdown see's the only appearance of Ziggler and Barrett in the countdown. These two are truly amazing superstars and very very underrated by the WWE. However they got to have an amazing match up for the Intercontinental Championship on the June 23rd addition of Monday night RAW. Now I'm going to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. Yes there both amazing superstars and personal favourites of mine but just because of the little respect Ziggler gets from the company I was expecting it to be a short average match but I couldn't of been more wrong! It was another match were there was no weakling. They both did so well and put on an awesome awesome match that the crowd got fully into and gained so much respect for both superstars. We all know how good these two are but they there match on the 23rd was off the scale and I was really impressed with both of them. They both executed there moves greatly, they both sold amazingly especially Ziggler (as always) and they stole the show that night. The both proved they are main event material and should be booked together more often; they had great great great chemistry and it showed amazingly. I really do hope we get to see more from the two of them in the future because there is no doubt in my mind that this was the best IC championship bout not only in 2014 but in a very long time, and should of been on PPV.

5)  The Shield VS Evolution (Extreme Rules)
The number 5 spot is filled by what a lot of people are calling match of the year, the first match up between two of the biggest teams in sports entertainment history, The Shield VS Evolution at Extreme Rules. These two teams are my two all time fave's and It was a dream feud come true. I remember watching Extreme Rules and just waiting for this match, the whole Sunday just spent talking about the match and making my predictions but I did no ever expect for the match to be half as good as it was. Now I know a lot of people favour their Payback match more but for me it was the Extreme rules one that did it for me. The action was none stop. Literally from start to finish it was pure entertainment. The six men had amazing chemistry and gave us one of the best six man tag matches in a while. It was by far the match of the night, not even the main event topped it and throughout the whole night everyone was talking about it. All six men stood out for individual things but personally for me it was Seth Rollins who stole the show. Say what you want about him now but no one can deny the simple fact that he's performance on that night was out of this world! He shocked everyone with the things he did and showed how diverse and talented he is and it was great seeing the attention break away from Roman Reigns for a little who picked up the win of the night. It was a back and forth match full of passion, character and entertainment; a clear match of the year. 

4) John Cena VS Bray Wyatt ( Last man standing match at Payback)
Number four is the last man standing match at Payback between John Cena and Bray Wyatt. Personally I hated this feud, but the matches were truly amazing. I have said it a lot over the past week or so but I'm loving what the WWE are doing with Bray. He's a true all round performer and the feud's he has been in have been he has really stood out and it's been great seeing him grow and improve over the year. I wasn't that into their match at Wrestlemania and there second match at Extreme Rules, however Cena and Brays final one on one match at Payback was for me on the best matches of the year and one if the best last man standing matches I have seen in a very long time. We all know hot good Cena is in these type's of matches but this was a firs for Bray and he really did amazing! He didn't slack during the match ad gave Cena a run for he's money and obvious outcomes aside, at times you really couldn't tell who was going to win. The addition of Harper, Rowan and the Usos also made it so much better. Easily one of the best matches of year and the possible turning point  in Bray's wrestling career.

3) Charlotte VS Natalya (NXT Takeover)
It's time for the top 3 and kicking it off is the only diva's match in the countdown and the last NXT match and this one comes from Charlotte and Natalya. Now this match completely blow me away! And is fore sure one of the best female wrestling matches since Lita VS Trish. We have not seen a divas's match of this level in a very very long time. The two of them showed that women can do exactly what men can do in the ring and they did there families name proud. With Ric Flair and Bret Hart at there girls side it made it all so much more than a wrestling match. The two of them did so so well on the night and everyone was talking about it and saying how amazing they did. Natalya was on another level that night. Nattie is by far the most underrated women in the WWE locker room. Her talent is off the scale and she is more than Divas championship material and she proved it at NXT takeover. She executed moves perfect, sold moves greatly and perfected everything she did that night. There was attitude, passion, character and so much more and I really do think its about time the WWE start taking her seriously and after that match no one can doubt the fact the she is by far one of the best divas they have at the moment. As for Charlotte, what can I say. Amazing. Purely amazing, I have been saying for a very long time that Charlotte has so much potential and that she was going to go far but her performance at NXT Takeover was more than what i could ever of expected from her. Everything she did was done so well! She counted moves amazingly and executed them even better. With Charlotte around the divas division looks very very good for the future and she earned the right to be called and hold the NXT women's championship. 

2) Cesaro VS John Cena ( RAW 17th of February) 
The number two spot is filled by one of my personal faves of the year, Cesaro Vs John Cena. Before this match I didn't think much of Cesaro and couldn't ever see him as a main event star or Championship material; and when it was announced that he would face Cena I literally thought that was it. He was going to get destroyed and humiliated . Oh how wrong I was. This match was truly amazing! Cesaro carried Cena throughout the match in my opinion and he stood out for all the right reasons. He showed amazing strength, talent and skill. Everything he did was done to perfection. He made the moved he did look so effortless and he stole the show that night. Everyone gained a crazy amount of respect for him! It was by far he's best performance and it left everyone wanting more from him. Everyone wanted to see what else he could do. There were time's I was honestly convinced he was going to beat Cena and I was entertained throughout the whole match. This was by far the turning point in Cesaro's career and one of the best matches of the year so far.

1) The Shield VS The Wyatts (Elimination Chamber) 
So we have finally reached the number one spot; And it's filled by the match up from Elimination chamber witch saw the two biggest teams in the WWE at the time The Shield VS The Wyatts. Everyone was 100% into this match and there feud including myself and it was by far the match of the night. There was no stand out guy. All six men stood out for individual reasons. The chemistry the two teams had was amazing and it showed throughout the whole match. Bodies were every where, moves were being doing by superstars you didn't think could or should I say SHOULD do. It was great seeing new talent steal the show and stand out the way they did. With "This is awesome" chants echoing throughout the arena before the match even began we knew we were witnessing and about to witness amazing talent. It was back and forth back and forth and the energy was electrifying! No one at all was weak or slacking behind. You were on the edge of your seat and you really could not call the match. All men stayed in character throughout the entire match up and the energy never went down, not once! They all showed diversity and passion for what they do and all showed how much they had improved over the year. This has been by far the best match of the year!



Comments

Popular Posts