Superstar Of The Week: Seth Rollins

Hello Everyone! So earlier today I uploaded my top 5 superstars of the week post, witch I will leave the link to bellow so you can check that out if you haven't done so already. I mentioned in that post that from now on my superstar of the week post's will be up on a Saturday. You can let me know who your superstar of the week is by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


So this week's superstar of the week is Seth Rollins. Over the past couple of week I've really struggled with finding a place to put Seth in my top 5 however this week there is no doubt in my mind, Rollins has earned he's place at the number one spot. He's managed to tick all the boxes that need to be ticked to become the number one superstar of the week and let's face it, love him or hate him Seth Rollins is the hottest superstar of the week
Since the split of the Shield Seth has proven week in and week out that it was the right decision for himself and let's face it both Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. He's one on one matches have been very entertaining and despite the interruptions from Mr Ambrose, Seth has stayed on top and come back each week stronger and more determined . In particular he's one on one matches with Ziggler really entertained me! There both amazing sellers and it gave Ziggler the opportunity to show himself off even more and at the same to put over Seth and give him the added extra push. I still do think that he has a lot to show off but that will come with the more time he get's in the ring. My problem these past couple of with Seth and putting him in my top 5 is that he never got a clean win and even when Ambrose came out it was Ambrose that remained on top and Ambrose who everyone was talking about. However this week it was slightly different. Starting off with he's performance at the Money In The Bank PPV. I wasn't expecting to me as amazed as what I was with Seth this past Sunday, after all it was he's first Money in the bank ladder match and he lacked a lot of experience compared to some of the people he was competing with. However Seth brought he's A game and really showed everyone he is not one to be underestimated. He did have he's fare share of horrible fall's on those ladder's and took some hard hits but he got back up and carried on and as cliché as it sounds he didn't give up. The big problem I had with him wining the Brief case was that he didn't do it alone. I would of been much more happier and impressed if Rollins would have won it alone with out the help of the Authority. When Kane came out to assist Rollins with the win I was very disappointed and due to the fact i was supporting Ambrose that night I was really pissed off! But the fact is, is he won and he is the new Mr
Money in the bank and that's what matters. And I have to admit it, Seth does look good with the golden brief case in he's hands.
The following night on RAW Seth carried on impressing me. He managed to pick up a nice clean win against Rob Van Dam. I think we have to thank Dean Ambrose for that as well. I honestly was starting to wonder if we would ever see Seth pick up a clean win with Ambrose still around waiting to ruin it all for him. But this week he stayed back a little and let him have his match. The match as a whole was actually really really good and a nice way to kick off RAW. Both RVD and Rollins put on an amazing match and there performances were amazing. I'm starting to really like Seth's finisher and although at first  I didn't think it suited him I can see now how it works for him and it's starting to fit he's style a little more.
He's attempt to cash in he's money in the bank brief case really got me excited! When I heard he's music hit and saw him come running down ready to cash it in I was 100% convinced that we were about to see a new WWE World Heavyweight champion, but no, all thanks to Dean Ambrose my dream of a title free John Cena was thrown away. But hey a girl can hope!

The next time we saw him on Smackdown the first thing I noticed was he's improvement in mic skills. Seth isn't the worst on the mic but he isn't the best and with superstars like Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose everyone's Mic/promo skills are sticking out. Personally I don't think Seth has the mic skills and face to pull off a good a heel but he has managed to find he's own style and each week he is growing. The only down fall is is  each time he cuts a promo Dean come's along and show's him how its done. But that being said it is really nice seeing him get he's own style and shine and stand out for that reason. He's also been on commentary a lot witch is helping us notice he's voice and style even more and it also gives him the chance to grow more with Mic skills. It would of been nice to see him have some more one on one action on Smackdown but hopefully next we will see a little more of that.



My top 5 superstars of the week:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/top-5-superstars-of-week.html


Comments

Popular Posts