RAW Review & Reactions

Hello Everyone! It's Tuesday witch mean's it's time for my RAW Review and Reactions, where I give you a re-cap of the previous night's actions, my personal opinions and future predictions. With a bad week last week in uploading post I'm back this week with the usual post. Remember you can expect  to see the RAW Review and Predictions post up every single Tuesday. I will leave the link to last week's post bellow so you can check that out. You can also let me know what you thought of last nights action by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So the night started with an opening Segment between John Cena and Roman Reigns with Cena being the first man out. He opened the show with a mix reaction as usual (mainly boo's) where he talked about the Battleground PPV main event and pushing the WWE Network, in fact it seemed like the whole point of last night's show was to plug the network. During he's little speech he spoke about the odds saying "the
champ may not be here" after Battleground due to the fact that the authority put him a fatal four way (that was he's way of pushing the network, being able to see him as Champ more, like we haven't seen it enough! He then went into describing the match and how it goes where he was the interrupted by Roman Reigns. Roman received a great crowd reaction even when he's name was only mentioned. During the beginning of the segment  Cena thanked Roman for saving he's ass last week on Raw and started talking about the fact that Roman has been "screwed over" by the Authority, however Reigns cut him off ordering for him to just get to the point. We then got Roman back on the mic after Cena made the comment of us seeing how good Roman thinks he is. Reigns mic skills haven't really made any improvement over the past week. He still lacks character, charisma and experience in he's voice when he's on the mic and he's body language is a bit awkward. I always get the feeling he's trying to remember he's lines when he's holding the mic; but I've said it before and I will say it again, he is early in he's career and not everyone can be as good ad Bray and
Ambrose on the mic but in order to have the full package and live up to the high standards he does need to improve and work on he's mic skills witch to be honest we are seeing slowly as he gets the opportunity to be on the mic more. I just think he needs to explore he's character a little more maybe. Roman then hit Cena back saying how once they get rid of Orton and Kane its just the two of them and in he's own words said "maybe then we can see if your as good as you say you are" witch really did get the crowd going. To be honest I really don't get what there doing at the moment with Roman, he appears to be feuding with everyone in the locker room! I'm not at all feeling this little thing he has with Cena and I doubt it will last at all and it's all just being done to fit into the Battleground match witch leaves me wondering what's next for Roman? Maybe push the feud with him and Orton or Kane? But then again they have their own problems with one another. It all just seems a little un- organised. The segment was cut short however by Dean Ambrose who was suppose to be part of the 6 man tag team main event where he would actually team up with WWE
world heavy weight champion John Cena and former partner Roman Reigns to face the team of Randy Orton, Kane and Mr money in the bank Seth Rollins. It did feel that Ambrose saved the whole opening and we got to see him and he's gold standard mic skills adding he's awesome humour and effortless skill to win over the crowd, however the whole thing led to a backstage attack on ambrose from he's three opponents of the night. It's no secret this really did piss me off. It made absolutely no sense what so ever! Dean was getting attacked and Reigns and Cena were clearly watching or able to see and neither of them went backstage to help him. The attack was awkward to watch and looked a little all over the place. The whole thing led to Ambrose not being able to compete in the main event leaving it as a 2 on 3 handicap match. So already the night was ruined. I think everyone wanted to see Ambrose and Reigns back on the same side/ team and we were greatly deprived of it. I really did hate this decision and the night would of been much better with Ambrose in action. I really do think with he's one on one match this Sunday against Seth Rollins Ambrose really did need to be in action and gain some momentum.
The night rolled on with it's first match witch saw The Miz go one on one with the United States Champion Sheamus. I tweeted last night about The Miz and how much I'd love to see him back on the top or at least holding a mid card championship, I really do think that this Gimmick might work and be the one to get him back up there. Personally I like it and he works it really well. I'm so glad Miz is back he plays the heel role to so well and I think he still has a lot to show, Miz is actually one of my favourites for the Battle royal this Sunday at Battleground for the IC title. Sheamus will also be in the Battle Royal but I doubt very much he will win. Mainly because he's already the US champ and he hasn't really been doing anything major lately and has been put in crappy matches. Last night's match between the two was actually pretty good. The both gave a fairly good match and it was intresting to see The Miz pick up the win. I do think he needed the win, with he's failed return two weeks ago and he's lose against Jericho last week on Raw he needed to show he was relevant and and this was going to be a good gimmick for him. With the win over the US champ he earned him self another match against Sheamus tonight on Main Event were I doubt he will pick up another win. Whitest it was all good for Miz it was a poor nigh for Sheamus. Once again he still has not has very very over due heel turn. I'm really starting to loose my patients with the WWE and what there doing with Sheamus. The guy is a main event player and deserves to be competing for the best. Hopefully he looses the title soon, is given a heel turn and put back as main event material. We also learnt during the match that BNB will be at the PPV to watch the battle royal, its gonna be great seeing him again!
Fandango took on Dolph Ziggler in a one on one match. I really do think both of these men are seriously underrated! They both have so much to show and have so much talent it's a shame the WWE are not taking them seriously. The match was cut short when Summer Rae and Layla began dancing to Fandango entrance theme on the announce table. Shock of the night was Jerry not having a heart attack as Summer and Layla began dancing like strippers right in front of him! Well done Jerry. Well done. I have to admit I do like what where doing with Summer and Layla. It really works for me and is pretty entertaining and it's allowing us to see more of Summer and allows us to watch her grow as a WWE diva. I'm hopeing they keep this up with the two of them. Ziggler picked up the win witch is always good. And we learnt that both me will compete in the battle royal Sunday however I doubt either of them will win even though they both do deserve it.
Stephanie's personal attack on Nikki continued last night when she put her in another handicap match, this time against the team of Alicia Fox and Cameron. It was surprised to see how much both Nikki and Cameron had improved. I think both of them showed a lot more and unlike last week Nikki was able to show off her skills more and the crowd even got behind the match. I think it would of been nice for Nikki to pick up the win this week but Alicia ended it well and showed once again how seriously underrated she is. I'm beginning for the WWE to give her a big big push! She's 100% championship material. Cameron's performance was pretty good too. I really do believe with more training and experience Cameron could be a really good Diva, her character  suits her well and she plays the perfect heel. I've expressed how much I hate this what there doing with Nikki and I can see it ending with her truing on Brie is she came back or getting fired herself.
The night carried on when Zeb Colter and Lana participated in United States- Russia Détente. I'm not gonna lie I really liked this and was really entertained by it all. I think Zeb is amazing on the mic as is Lana. Talking of Lana I think she is going to have an amazing career in the WWE. She's everything Vince likes in a female employee and even if Rusev doesn't go far she will for sure; she plays her character really well and I have high hopes for her in the future I'd love to see her stay in the manger seat rather than a diva but I cant see that happening if I'm honest. The whole segment led to the announcement of a one on one match at the Battleground PPV against Jack Swagger and Rusev. I will be doing a separate  post on that prediction but I will say that I think it's gonna be a pretty good match and this feud is really working for me and I think it could go on for a while. I also think it's a great opportunity for both superstars to shine and its great to see
Swagger in a feud we can enjoy. I believe it was the right thing to do this week on RAW allowing Swagger to have the momentum let's face it he needs it more than Rusev!
In other new's Sandow was buried more when he plugged Sonic. To be honest I have mixed feelings about the Sandow thing. Yes he's extremely underrated and this is all very stupid, but it's keeping him on our TV, entertaining us and leaving everyone talking about him. I'm hopeing this whole identity thing works for him and he sooner rather than later get's to hold a mid card championship. I think with him holding either the US or IC title it could be very intresting and fun to watch whilst benefiting Sandow. Big E and Kofi appear to be best friends all of sudden when Kofi stayed at ring side during Big E's one on one match against Cesaro were
Big E picked up the win. Heyman did not accompany Cesaro to the ring witch has led me to believe he's not a Heyman guy any more. Talking of Heyman, he managed to pick up the win for biggest hinter in WWE history when he had a backstage segment with Hunter and Stephanie where he mentioned a "plan C" witch I think we all realised was Brock Lesnar. I suspect we will see he's return the RAW after Battleground leading to him feuding with Cena once again. I'll speak more of this in the week. Goldust and Cody aka Stardust had another backstage promo witch was just pointless and time wasting. And Luke Harper and Erick Rowan attacked the Usos before the twins had a match witch we didn't get because of the beat down. I like how the Wyatts are getting this push and I do hope we have new tag team champions after Battleground but I do think the Usos need some momentum before Sunday, because at the moment it looks very powered by Harper and Rowan. The Bo streak also continued when he beat Khali by count out.
Jericho came out and delivered an amazing promo where we finally got to here him say the "RAW is Jericho" line once again witch was AMAZING! He spoke about all he's amazing accomplishments and showed us really is the prince of the Mic. He spoke Wyatt and he's match against him this Sunday. Bray then gave a promo of he's own witch resulted in Jericho getting hit by the sister Abigail. I think it was a great idea to give Bray a little momentum before he's match on Sunday and I think its going to be one epic Battle.
The WWE also got rid of the Elephant in the room when they spoke of a special show on the Network this week about CM Punk, they really are desperate for us to subscribe to the network. They also showed the Trailer for Stings Debut.... for the WWE 2K15 game. Yes they tricked us and the crowed showed there annoyance when they realised he was not going to be there. I have to admit the trailer was pretty freaking awesome and I cant wait to buy the game! I think adding sting to it really is amazing and the trailer was the best game trailer i have seen in ages! Everything about it was jut simply epic!
We then got the second Divas match of the night witch saw Divas Champion AJ go one on one with Eva Marie. I've said enough times but Eva really should not be competing on RAW yet, they need to put her in NXT and let her grow. That being said she has improved since her last performance. The match was okay and had Paige at commentary witch is always a good thing. I do feel sorry for AJ having to sell all of Eva's terrible moves but she did well in doing so and picked up a nice clean win using the black widow. For another week Paige kept her obvious anger against AJ inside and carried on playing the respect for opponent. I really do doubt that after this Sunday there feud or whatever you want to call it will be over.
These two are both amazingly talented divas who the WWE universe really do get behind and I think were going to see more of the two of them in the ring together.  
Coming towards the end of the night Ric Flair made an appearance where was interviewed by Renee Young in the ring. Flair appeared to be off he's head as usual and entertained the crowd and everyone at home once again as usual. He showed he was behind Cena for this Sunday's fatal way predicting he will be the winner and still champ by the end of the night witch I think we all know will be the case. Roman Reign soon came down for he's match were on he's way he showed respect and shaked the hand of the two time hall of famer's hand. The nights main even then began were surprisingly Orton, Kane and Rollins worked pretty well together. The match as a whole was okay. Nothing major and for me it was Roman Reigns who stole the show, he really is improving more week after week and its great seeing him grow more and more. Once again there was no clean win and it ended in DQ. Seth Rollins had a legit injury witch I think fucked up the plans for the rest of the night but I have not heard it's anything serious. By the end of the night we saw Roman Reigns again on top and standing tall witch seems to be another weekly thing recently. Personally I think it was a weak RAW this week and should of been much much better considering its the last RAW before Battleground but Smackdown appears to be a good one.
RAW REACTIONS LAST WEEK:

http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/raw-review-and-reactions.html

Comments

Popular Posts