Battleground Predictions: Jack Swagger VS Rusev


Hey Everyone! It's time for the second post in my Battleground Prediction series. My first post is up already and it's my early predictions for the 2 out of 3 falls match between Luke Harper and Erick Rowan VS The Usos for the tag team championships, I will leave the link to that bellow so you can check that out if you haven't done so already. You can let me know who your supporting this Sunday by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So today I'm going to be talking about the match up announced this past Monday between Zeb Colter guy Jack Swagger and WWE newbie Alexander Rusev. As I just said the match was announced this past Monday on RAW during the United States- Russia Détente between Lana and Zeb. This was a feud that was clearly going to happen. A Russian newbie slagging off America when there is an "All american" duo around consisting of Jack Swagger, yeah this was going to happens sooner or later. To be honest I think this was a perfect idea for both Superstars. Swagger finally got he's well overdue baby face turn and Rusev finally was given a worthy opponent. They both needed a good feud that everyone could enjoy and get behind and they both compliment each other in the ring and each others gimmicks really well. So far we've only really seen Rusev face jobbers in three minuet matches with he's best match so far being against Big E at the money in the bank PPV. He really did need this feud to keep him intresting and to live up to he's hype the WWE are giving him. However I've mentioned it a thew times now but I strongly believe that Rusev wont have the best of career in the WWE. Let's face it , he's not what Vince really likes in a superstar and I can see him becoming a jobber/ joke in the business but Lana however I think will have an amazing career in the WWE but that's a whole different post. As for Swagger he's sort of in the same boat. He hasn't had a great year and for me he's best performance also was at the money in the bank PPV when he participated in the brief case ladder match. He had a small little thing with Adam Rose but that did no favours for him. He's heel run was extremely long and a face turn was very overdue. This feud is probably going to be one of the best things for him this year. Hopefully the feud wont end after this Sunday because I really think it could go a little further. If this does happen I'm hopeing because it's a lose for Rusev and Lana hates the idea and carries on the feud but I'm not sure what there going to do.

As for Sunday It's clearly going to be Rusevs best match so far. I doubt it will be very long and might even end in DQ or count out.  To be honest I cant really call a winner, it really could go either way. With Rusev on a winning streak and still being very new to the WWE it might be stupid to give him a lose to Swagger but at the same time he's won every match and it could be stupid to give him another one. I personally think it's time to let him loose a match, and Swagger I think is the the best person for it. Talking of Swagger I think he needs this win over Rusev and would he would benefit from a win more than Rusev to be honest. I'm personally going to go with Swagger on this one. Also,  I think this could be the weakest match of the night mainly because the card is really strong this Sunday.

Battleground Predictions: Luke Harper and Erick Rowan VS The Usos
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/battleground-predictions-luke-harper.html

Comments

Popular Posts