Superstar Spotlight: Sheamus

Hello Everyone! So it's Friday witch means it's time for my superstar spotlight. This is the third in the series, I will leave the links to the other two at the end of the post so you can check those out if you haven't done do already. The point of these post is to talk about a superstar that has been standing out for me throughout the week or even year but has not bad it into my weakly top 5. You can let me know who your superstar spotlight goes to this week by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This week see's the united states champion Sheamus as my superstar spotlight. Now I have to admit I do have a soft spot for Sheamus, he's been a fave of mine since he's work in 2010, so I may be a little bias at times witch you probably have seen through my tweets. I think the first thing that needs to be said about Sheamus is he's run as a baby face. I'm certain that if he does not have a heel turn with in the next week I will just flat out die. I cannot go another week saying "Sheamus is still a baby face". He's baby face run started back  in 2011 and its now 2014. Enough said. It's clear that during he's time as a heel he's performances were much much better. He was main eventing, he was exciting and intresting people wanted to see him and spoke about him a lot! He had one of the best début years ever, made history becoming the first ever Irish born WWE champion and went on to face Triple H at Wrestlemania 26 and from then went on to beat him at Extreme Rules that year. The man was barbaric, ruthless and entertaining, three words we hardly ever here used to describe him now. He's face run hasn't been all bad, no, He became the world heavy weight champion, united states champion for a second time, won the royal rumble in 2012 and has been involved in some good storyline's, feuds and matches. But as I have repeatedly said the Heel turn is well well overdue. Over the past year he's character has become boring and he's match very predictable. And no one really shared he's excitement at winning the united states championship.The crowd also have been less enthusiastic towards him and he's matches. However all that being said He has not gone un-noticed in my eyes over the past year and there are so many reasons as to why he is my superstar spotlight this week, so lets get into it.
Last year was a pretty awful year for Sheamus, he's participation in the Money in the bank ladder match last year saw him out for 6 months with a shoulder injury. However he made he's ever so awaited return this year in January at the Royal Rumble (the perfect time and place for an epic return). He came back stronger and better than ever and he's performance on the night was amazing (well he's royal rumble performances are always really good) when he lasted down to the last three finally being thrown over the top rope by Roman Reigns. I think this was great for Sheamus, he need an epic return after having so long out of action and although he did not win and go on to headline Wrestlemania 30 he's performance on the night in January was one to remember and as usual entertained us all and had an amazing performance all round. He then went on to participate in the Elimination chamber along side, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, John Cena, Randy Orton and Christian. He's performances at Elimination chambers have never really been outstanding to say the least but I was really disappointed when he was the first to be eliminated.But he did "ok" during the match.He did ok in the battle royal at Wrestlemania but not a stand out performance. From then he went on to have a fairly decent feud with Christian, where they actually had some pretty awesome matches, the only problem was was that it did go on for quit a while and began to get boring but there street fight was one of my fave matches of the year so far. He then Won the United States championship on RAW during a battle royal where he eliminated the current champ at the time Dean Ambrose to become the new United states
champion for a second time in he's career. So far I have to admit he has been a good fighting champion regularly defending he's title...against Alberto Del Rio. He also qualified and participated in/for the Money in the bank ladder match for the WWE World Heavy Weight championship. To my surprise he's performance on the night was amazing! And for me he did stand out on the night. Witch brings us to the current time, were we will see him at this Sunday at the Battleground PPV in the Battle Royal for the IC championship. I have made my predictions for that match already and will leave the link to it bellow. I mentioned in that post that I think Sheamus is most likely to win and unify the two championships this weekend. Now although he has not had the best of weeks this week after the Miz picked up a win against him this past night on RAW, be he did have an amazing performance this week at Main Event and at last weeks Main even during he's last man standing match against Del Rio. I really do think he's heel turn is just around the corner or at least I bloody I hope so. I think from then things will go up. I do really believe how ever that in order to get him back at the top he needs to loose the US championship witch I cant see happening for a thew months. Hopefully he will loose the title as a heel and have a nice run as a mid card heel then moves back up to the top main eventing again. I think Sheamus is set to have an amazing year because let's face it even though he's baby face run has been driving us all mad no one can deny that so far he has had an amazing come back year and think the next thew months look awesome for the great white.

Battleground Predictions: Battle Royal
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/battleground-predictions-battle-royal.html

Superstar Spotlight: Randy Orton
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.com/2014/07/superstar-spotlight-randy-orton.html


Comments

Popular Posts