Diva Of The Week: Summer Rae

Hello Everyone! So I'm back once again today with this week's Diva of the week. Last week saw Naomi at the top and I will leave the link to that post at the end so you can check that out if you haven't done so already. You can also let me know who your Diva of the week is by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


So I'm sure most of you are more than surprised to learn that this week's Diva of the week is Summer Rae. I think I have expressed my dislike for Summer enough over the past couple of months but she really has been growing on my lately and has slowly become my guilty pleasure. Although she is not my fave Diva at the moment you can not deny the fact that Summer has come a long long way over the past year and let's face it, she's doing all the right things to get somewhere in this Business. From her FCW days as manger to her current time in the ring Summer has grown immensely and there is still so much more she has to show! Now this past week there has been a lot of Divas who have stood out and really made an impact, I'm so glad that slowly but surely the WWE divas division is getting stronger and they're getting the attention they rightfully deserve, with diva's such as Paige, Alicia Fox, Naomi and even Cameron stepping up to the plate and the epic return of AJ Lee plus the current handful of  diva's feuds it has been pretty hard to choose a diva to be at the top this week but when I look back over the past year and how this week has incorporated  into it it's clear that there is only one diva that truly deserves the number one spot this week and that diva is Summer Rae.
If we go back to Money in the Bank I think this this is when I started to get impressed with Summer. The fact that she got a PPV match (one of my personal fave ppv's of the year) against Layla, a Diva who has been here for quit some time, I think was a highlight in her Career so far. The match, lets be honest was not the best, we didn't get to see much action between the two and the attention was not re
ally on that actual match. After watching so much of Summer and her work in NXT I know for a fact that she has so much more to show and hopefully now that she is getting much more TV time we will get to see that on the main shows as well as NXT. On the topic of this feud, I really have not been a fan of it what so ever. I think it has held both Divas back and pushed Layla even further back. The only good thing I can think of coming out of this is the fact that It allowed the WWE universe to get used to Summer and for her to gain personality and a place in the WWE that mattered and got our attention, but I really don't
think it did any favours for Layla. I think we need to see a lot more one on one matches from Summer because I really do think there is a lot more left to see from her. My only problem is her age. She's 30 years old and hasn't been in the WWE long, yes she is good looking and looks a little younger that what she is but with all the young new talent coming along I don't know how long she will be here for and what will be next for her.
This past week on RAW we got a glimpse of Summer during the end of a backstage segment between Layla and Fandango, where she appeared to be this sexy seductive woman, as usual. This is another problem i have with the WWE and what they are doing with Summer, she has been involved in many photo shoots and sexy segments/promo's but we aint seen enough in ring work. They need to break away from the sex object persona and focus more on her wrestling skills. The backstage segment kept her relevant and intresting and that's all I can comment on on that. The next time we saw her was on Main Event where performance once again was Okay but nothing to really scream and shout about. We then saw her on NXT were she an NXT fave Bayley in one on one competition. We've seen a fair share of one on one and tag matches between the two and they always seem to be pretty good, both divas being very talented. The match this week was actually really good as well. With fair attacks from both of them. The end result saw Summer Rae pick up the win and earn herself a number one condership for the NXT women championship. Personally I love this idea and I love the fact we are still seeing summer in NXT. It gives her the chance to grow more as a person and as a Character. I do think we see a much better Summer over on NXT. Her storyline's are better, her matches are better and her attitude is too. Her involvement with the BFF's I think is a great idea and it really has been working for all three divas. It was great seeing her return to NXT a couple of weeks back and to see her part herself from Charlotte and Sasha Banks, once again it's separating her as a singles competitor and allows her to shine. I doubt she will become the NXT women's champion but i would of liked to have. I think it would of been amazing to see Summer as the NXT women's champion and would of been amazing for her career.
This past week on Smackdown we finally saw Summer wipe her hands with Fandango alongside Layla when they teamed up on him during there one on one match. Hopefully they wont try and carry this whole thing on any more and they can both move on to bigger and better things. This was the best way to end the feud and endorsed girl power.
I think if we look at all the things Summer has achieved a long with her Movie role with the Miz i think the the future looks bright for her and hopefully the WWE do the right things with her because I think we could have a pretty awesome diva here.

Diva of the week Naomi:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.com/2014/07/diva-of-week-naomi.html

Comments

Popular Posts