Get to know: Aiden English

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! As you all know already it's NXT month here on Talk Wrestling World, witch mean's throughout October I will be focusing mainly on NXT giving you get know's on almost every superstar and diva on the NXT roster, top five list and more. You can let me know what you would like to see this month by leaving a comment bellow or dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

INTRO & What I think...
Today we're taking a look at Aiden English and he's journey into the WWE. I started watching NXT regularly back in January this year but I've been aware of the show since it began and watched it every now and then, Aiden English is a superstar on the roster that I have always taken liking too. I just love everything about him, the confidence he ha on the mic is something I always love to see, he's devotion to he's character/gimmick is amazing and another thing that's great to see because to be honest we hardly get that now day's.  But the thing I love the most about him is the fact that he is so much more than a fancy character and he's wrestling ability and skills are truly something to watch and take notice of. From he's FCW matches to he's NXT matches we have seen a lot of from him in the ring and he's really impressed me. I never thought I would be such a fan of he's back when I really started paying attention to him. He's talent is through the roof and I hope that the WWE universe and the WWE itself know what they have here with him. I didn't and still don't like the idea of him being in a tag team I think he's far better off as a singles heel and he didn't need to be put in a tag team. The idea is slowly growing on me but I still do think he's far better off as a singles. I really do like the character witch is strange for me but he play's it so well and it really has grown on me over the year. If anyone doubt's he's wrestling ability I advice you all go check out he's one on one match with Sheamus because trust me your opinion's of him will completely change, it was by far he's best match in the WWE so far and he stayed in control throughout a good chunk of the match. I do hope the WWE send him down the right path, but for now let's take a look at Aiden's journey so far and what he has already done in the WWE/NXT.

Acting...
Matt Rehwoldt was born in Chicago Illinois, he's now 6 ft 3 and weighs 215 lbs, and he's been wrestling since 2011. Matt developed a passion for acting at an early age and by the age of twenty he had appeared in over twenty stage productions. After he graduated from Lyons Township High School, Rehwoldt studied acting at Columbia College Chicago, graduating in 2010 with a Bachelor of arts.

Wresting...
In 2011 Matt began training as a professional wrestler after he had graduated. He debuted on the Illinois independent circuit under the ring name "Matt Marquee" this was in late 2011. He would go on to wrestle for promotions such as Chicago Style Wrestling where he would form a tag team named "The Real Stuff" with Barry Ryte.
In early 2012 Matt signed a contract with WWE's developmental centre FCW and was given the ring name Aiden English. He made he's Television debut on April eighth 2012 in a inter-gender match teaming with Audrey Marie to face the team of Rick Victor and Paige. When the WWE re-branded FCW into NXT English made he's TV debut (for NXT) on the second episode where he was defeated by Leo Kruger. Throughout the year English was used to job to the like's of Ryback, Big E and Bray Wyatt.In his first match in 2013 on the May 29th episode English  competed in a battle royal to determine the number one contender for the NXT championship but was eliminated by Mason Ryan. He scored he's first NXT win over Michael Q. Laurie on the September 19th episode of NXT. From September 25 English would start singing as part of he's entrance and he's gimmick. Over the year he picked up win's over the like's of Jason Jordan and Comacho. At the beginning of 2014 Aiden would feud with Colin Cassady loosing to him in their first match, however he went on to pick up several win's over Cassady later on in the feud. The two also had a singing contest, witch saw the crowd, of course favour baby face Colin Cassady. Also this year English has gone one on one with former WWE champion Sheamus in what was actually a really good match were English managed to get a lot of offence but failed to pick up the win over the main roster superstar.
In June of this year the WWE would put English in a tag team with Simon Gotch, and would go on to be know as "The Vaudevillians". The pair made their in ring debut as a tag team on the June 19th episode of NXT. The two have managed to pick up some strong win's since being put together.  In August the Vaudevillians participated in  a tournament to determine the number on contenders for the NXT tag team championships, they would come close but were eliminated in the final round by Sin Cara and Kalisto.

To end....
So far I have really grown to become a big fan of Aiden English I think he has a great story to tell and has a lot to show. He has managed to pick up some strong win's both as a singles and as part of a tag team. He's match with Sheamus is for sure one to go and check out. I stick to my first opinions when I say that I do think he is better off as a singles competitor but I'm gonna carry on trying to like the idea of him being apart of a tag team because to be fair so far they have appeared pretty strong and seem to look and work good. But what do you think? I'd love to know what everybody else think's about the drama king himself, so leave a comment bellow or a drop me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria letting me know what YOU think.


Comments

Popular Posts