Why NXT is Taking Over

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. It's NXT month here on Talk Wrestling World and so I will be bringing you an entire month full of none stop NXT get to know's, top five's, gossip and much much more. You can also let me know what you would like to see and what you think of today's topic by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.



So as you can already tell from the title, today we're taking a look at the early success of NXT and why I personally think NXT is truly taking over the WWE in more way's then one. You can let me know if you agree or disagree on the subject by leaving a comment bellow or dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

When the WWE re-branded it's developmental centre from FCW to NXT I was very excited but a little apprehensive. The idea was good and strong and had heap's of potential but with such amazing superstars already on the main roster, brining NXT as a weekly show where championship's will up for grab's in all divisions and strong storyline's will be shown on TV I was worried it was going to give the new talent a negative start and highlight their weakness. I was convinced the show would prove that these guy's have a long way to go and the main roster superstars and diva's were far ahead of them, leaving fan's comparing the rookies and the main roster stars and unfortunately for the NXT crew it would not be looking good for them. It was this idea that left me actually putting the show off and I didn't watch any of the weekly episodes until around match of this year. I remember a friend of mine telling me I had to watch NXT the upcoming Thursday and I had been really missing out on some good quality wrestling, in fact her exact word's were OUTSTANDING wrestling, witch I have to admit are two word's I've hardly heard being used to describe recent work in the WWE. I was told to watch out for superstars like Paige, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville and Corey Graves all talent's that I had previously heard of weather it be from FCW or their time before the WWE and I knew how extremely talented they are. But as soon as I was told their was fourteen minuet diva's match and well as I said before an "Outstanding" level of wrestling including William Regal matches and commentary work there was no way I was gonna miss another episode! And so it was from that point on that I have been 100% gripped! Every single week I have grown to love the show more and more and as I have said it time and time again I gradually started to think that the developmental show was outshining both RAW and Smackdown. Everything about is just right and to be honest better.

The divas...
What I love the most is that every one get's the attention and TV time they deserve and you can see that fight and determination in every single show, not one person on that roster disappoint's when there out their. The diva's division over in NXT will change any doubters of female wrestling. The quality of the female wrestling over there is insane and the girls deemed as "rookies" put every single main roster diva to deep shame. We get full length diva matches and decent feuds, something we just don't see on the main roster and it's such a shame. The attention they get is so well deserved and I really would love for the WWE to do the same with the diva's on the main show's. Diva's matches on NXT such as Paige VS Emma, Charlotte VS Natalya, Paige VS Natalya, Charlotte VS Bayley are stand out matches and matches I and many other's have pointed out are some of the best female pro wrestling matches the WWE has brought us not only in recent year's but ever! The storyline's are intresting and what is so key is they don't even pay much attention to the actual diva storyline's but the with these matches you don't need a heavy storyline. Back on the main show's we get all the crazy work from AJ and the feud red hot feud with the total diva's and the "original" divas when all we had during that time was weak weak matches. Charlotte and Natalya were part of the tournament,they had a couple of interview's and legends at ringside and that was it, but the two women gave us one of the best women's matches in WWE history.

Pure Wrestling...
The thing with NXT is it give's fan's full length, strong, good quality wrestling and the key word is wrestling. Every week on RAW and Smackdown we see guy's through each other around a ring and do the odd submission but on NXT we see old school, intresting, intense wrestling. The guy's and girl's don't need big storyline's just a wrestling ring. They sell their stories in the ring and take advantage of every single second they are in that ring. Matches such as Cesaro/Regal Cesaro/Zayn Regal and Ohno just to mention a thew are amazing examples of pure wrestling where no heavy storyline was needed. They made you enjoy every moment they were going at it. They made you want to be in the ring and do what they were doing. There's also stipulation's and the quality of those stipulations. The intensity of the matches is insane. Your literally on the edge of your seat and the best part about it all is it's not predictable. You can never really call match because there's always that sense that anything could happen and we never get that anywhere else in the WWE. The booking is done so well and everyone get's and equal shot and is showcased so well.The character building is done at the right pace and fan's truly get to learn about each and every superstar and diva.

Arrival and Takeover...
This year NXT brought us three live show's and it started out with NXT Arrival witch was just mind blowing to say the very least. I've only seen some of these matches but all I have to say is Zayn and Cesaro. These two men completely stole the show and shut the mouth's of any doubters. The two were involved in two out of three fall's match and it was possibly one of the best of two out three fall's matches we have had in a very very long time. The heart and passion was amazing and it was something you just don't see on the main roster so much. Then there was the two takeover show's. The first one witch aired a thew month's back ( I think it was around May) I remember having little hope's for it at the begging. I hadn't been watching it for long but I thought the lead up was amazing and I really did get into it slowing heading up to the show and I was really surprised to see what I was seeing. The quality of each and every match was so so high and not one disappointed. Everything had a strong storyline to it and what we got was pure pure wrestling, a level of wrestling you just don't see very often in the WWE. Charlotte and Natalya just owned their match and owned the night. The two had arguably the best diva's match in WWE history; It was great seeing the women get so much time in the ring and the crowd be so into the match. The main event was just amazing to say the least, with Neville and Kidd really stealing the show. Guy's like Tyler Breeze were also big big stand out's of the night. Only a thew week's ago NXT presented it's third live show Takeover two: Fatal Four way, and this did the unthinkable and topped the last one. The matches once again where on point and everyone got their chance to shine.We also got one of the best fatal four way's the WWE has ever provided in my opinion.

So why exactly is NXT taking over? It's simple, were getting everything we want and more. What a lot of people including myself love about NXT I think is the fact that the show focuses on wrestling and not so much the storyline's. Now don't get me wrong they do pay attention to storyline's and their lead up's are amazing but it's the wrestling that is so gripping. Debut's are exciting and done so well and you want to know everything about everyone and everyone you see is just interesting and entertaining. The character's are strong and once again intresting and to be honest a little different. There's also the fact that everyone get's the attention they deserve and the ring/TV time they need. The talent is so high and everyone is on their game every single week. The main event's and matches throughout the one hour are gripping and of a high high quality leaving you just wanting to see more witch is what wrestling is suppose to do.
I could talk all day about why NXT is taking over, but I want to know what you think; so let me know by leaving a comment bellow or dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria. 


Comments

Popular Posts