My top 5 Smackdown moments

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today is a very special day as Smackdown reaches it's fifteenth anniversary and in honour of that I'm giving you my top five Smackdown moments. These include debuts, matches, random moments and more. You can let me know what your top Smackdown moment is by leaving a comment bellow or dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.



5) The ring collapsing 
Kicking off my top five Smackdown moments has to be one of the best moments in WWE history for me, and that was when the Smackdown ring collapsed after the big show got suplexed from the top rope by Brock Lesnar. Now this first aired in 2003 and it's one of my earliest memories of WWE, I was really really young when I watched this and I remember just thinking WHAT THE HELL! It has gone down in history to be simply one of those "Oh my fucking god moments". Taz's reactions was pure gold and he just spoke on behalf of every single person watching it. It's a moment I still catch my self watching and still gives me goose bumps. There so many OMG moments about this whole match and this whole scenario, for example, simply this is Brock Lesnar VS The Big show, Show was on the top freaking rope and Brock Lesnar suplexed him that's all before the ring freaking collapsed.

4) John Cena's debut 
On the 27th of June 2002 a legacy was born when John Cena made he's debut after answering an open challenge by Kurt Angle. Cena walked out in typical rookie ring gear and entrance theme with everyone in the arena and crowd wondering if this kid had a screw loose. Cena possessed ruthless aggression and to our surprise gave us on of the best matches of he's career. Now although he didn't pick up the win, he gave Angle a true run for he's money, making it known that John Cena is a name the whole world will remember forever. There was also that little backstage segment with the Undertaker after the match that's still pretty awesome in my eyes. It's honestly amazing seeing how far Cena has come from that point, even if your like me and far from a Cena fan, go back tonight and have a look at that debut then watch him tonight on Smackdown.

3) Eddie Guerrero's championship celebration
Number three is really important to me. Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of the late great Eddie Guerrero and I have to admit reading all the tweets I did shed a little tear, I honestly can't explain how much that man has influenced my life. Anyway back to the countdown and at number three is  the celebration of Eddies WWE championship win. After picking up the title at No way out in 2004 Eddie would go on to celebrate in true Guerrero style on Smackdown. Me and my brother have been big fan's of Eddie growing up and this moment is something that has stayed in our memories for ever. So many amazing moments have taken place on Smackdown but ten year's on this is still one of my top moments. He won that championship for all the people that were told they weren't big enough, tall enough, strong enough or even smart enough, this was more than a celebration it was a thank you from Eddie to the fans.

2) Brock Lesnar VS Kurt Angle: 60 minuet Iron man match
At number two is possibly the best Iron man match in history in my eyes, witch saw Brock Lesnar VS Kurt Angle. This is a match I have been watching on repeat for years and years. Calling it one of the best Ironman matches in history is a pretty bold statement but I just remember watching this for the first time and just being completed amazed. This was actually the match that made me want to get into wrestling as a career, I just remember watching it and thinking I want to be doing what these guy's are doing. There were of course so many other matches that me want to get into wrestling but this one has to be at number one tied with Trish and Lita's RAW main event match. There are so many matches that I wanted to put in this top five including Lesnars match with Hogan but I had to have this one close to number one and in the top five. with Lesnar winning the match and the championship 5-4 it was truly one of the best matches in Smackdown history for me.

1) Brawl in the grocery store
And finally at number one is one of my all time favourite Smackdown moments, and this see's the amazing brawl between Stone Cole Steve Austin and Booker T in the grocery store back in  December 13, 2001. There are so many thing's I love about this moment, it was that paranoia that Booker had that just made it so funny. If you aint seen it then you really have missed out on some true entertainment between two amazing legends, what happens is Booker is out grocery shopping  and was on the look out for Austin, after Booker mistook a fellow shopper for Austin, Austin appeared and gave hi a good old fashioned ass whopping! Honestly if you aint seen this you need to go watch it, like right now. Austin literally had him beaten from aisle to aisle!

I'm going to celebrating the 15th anniversary of Smackdown all week on my blog, so let me know if you would like a part two.
Over the year's Smackdown really has gone down hill but I hope that I brought back some good memories for you all today.

Comments

Popular Posts