NXT Review and Reactions

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. It's Friday and time for my NXT Review and Reactions. I originally started doing this post as part of NXT month this month but after seeing so many of you liked the last one and how much I liked doing it I'm considering carrying on doing it as a regular post. You would of seen that last week I didn't have this post up because I was really busy last Friday, but I'm back today with my review and reactions of last night's episode of NXT. As usual you can let me know what you thought of last night's actions by leaving a comment bellow in the comment's section or by sending me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night's episode of NXT opened with the lone wolf himself Baron Corbin, witch saw him get an insane reaction from the crowd and debut  a slightly new entrance. Of course they are still building him up and trying to get him to make an impact (witch he clearly is) and therefore we had him against another "unknown" superstar in a squash match that was literally like five seconds. I do like the build up and I do think they are going about it the right way, but I wanna see more of him now. They don't have to necessarily put him in some big feud but at least give him a decent opponent and let everyone who doesn't know him that well get to see some of he's other moves in the ring.
Up next Sami Zayn's music hit and of course the arena went crazy as he made he's way to the ring. He would soon hit the mic and start talking about he's loss last week to WWE superstar Titus O'Neil, witch left the crowd booing, however Zayn said that he was sick and tired of that reaction with the fact he lost to Titus and was accepting he's clear loss and was not going to live in the past but the now, and would go one to achieve he's number one goal, becoming the NXT champion. Of course it wouldn't take long for Tyson Kidd to make an appearance wearing a Sami Zayn t-shirt and straight away hitting the mic. Kidd would go on to explain how Zayn would never become the NXT champion, that he doesn't have it in him, that he lost he's chance, witch is pretty ironic. This would obviously lead to a little bitching contest between the two where Zayn would start making mocking comments about Total Divas and Kidd getting permission from he's wife Natalya. The segment was good and strong and I thought they both did a great job. Tyson is really proving to be strong both in the ring and on the mic and I really do feel sorry for him and the way the WWE have treated him throughout he's career, hopefully things are on the way up now.

Up next, and it was tag team action with the NXT tag team champions Kalisto and Sin Cara aka the Luctcha Dragons faced off against Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake. Now I really like both Blake and Murphy and have high high expectations of them. I honestly think they scream potential and if are used right they could go on to be a very very successful tag team. We have seen the two work in NXT before in a previous match that they lost but they did really impress me before an they did impress me last night, I really do think they have a lot to give. Last night it appeared they were working as heels, and I do personally think they're better off as heels. With more time in the ring and on tv and a future face turn, these two are easily ones to seriously watch out for in the near future. After a sunset flip from Kalisto the tag team champions picked up the win.
Divas action up next and Becky Lynch had a one on one match with the NXT women's champion Charlotte. I mentioned on twitter last night when I was watching the show that there's something they are doing with Becky that I really don't like but I still don't know what it is. As part of NXT month here on Talk Wrestling World I did a get to know on Becky and I will leave the link to that bellow so you can go check that out if you want. With Lynch getting a big pop from the crowd and Charlotte getting a mixed reaction it was going to be an interesting one to watch for sure. Now I really really
got into this match and thought it was great for the time they had in the ring. They of course still had more time in the ring than any WWE diva on the main roster witch makes a big big difference, I recently did a post on this topic and that will be up in the next thew day's so keep an eye out for the link for that on Twitter and Tumblr. Anyway, as I was saying I thought this was a very very strong match and a great performance from both girls, especially Becky. It was nice to see that it wasn't just a one sided match up and Lynch got a lot of strong offence and the crowd were really into the match. It was a nice length for how long the show is and as I said an amazing performance from both girls. I think Lynch is really starting to make her mark in the company now. She's proving week after week, every time she's in the ring that she is a serious competitor and to take her seriously and deem her as a future not only as a NXT women's champ but a future divas champion. Of course Charlotte however picked up the match. Later on in the night Carmella made her NXT in ring debut after Marcus Louis turnt on tag team partner Sylvester Lefort attacking him during their tag team match up against Enzo and Big Cas. Once the Legionnaires left Cas and Enzo would introduced Carmella and her unknown opponent who went by the name Blue pant's witch of course would leave a "Let's go blue pants chant" in the match up. The match was shirt but Carmella proved to be one to watch out for in the future and clearly has loads and loads of potential, picking up a win using a very impressive submission hold. I don't think the crowd quit knew how to react to her, but yeah, nice debut. After the match their was a little backstage segment between Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks where Banks claimed she was going after the NXT women's championship.

It was then time for the main event witch saw Tyson Kidd go one on one with Sami Zayn. Of course this match was amazing and lived up to the expectations I had of it. I do think it should of been longer, that way we could of easily had one of the best matches of the year. But it was a good back and fourth match and both got fair share of offence. Zayn picked up the win by pin fall and looks to be back in the picture for a shot at the NXT championship. But where does that leave Kidd?

As always you can let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow in the @TezangiVictoria.
comments section or by tweeting me at













Get to know Becky Lynch:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/get-to-know-becky-lynch_8.html

Get to know Paige:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/get-to-know-paige.html

Comments

Popular Posts