NXT Takeover Predictions: Finn Balor VS Kevin Owens

NXT Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Saturday for the first time ever NXT will leave full sail university for an NXT Takeover show and throughout this week leading right up to the live special I will be giving you my full predictions for the show. I'm beyond excited for the next NXT Takeover show, every single one in the past has been of such a high standard and you can always expect the very best and nothing less so I cannot wait to give you all my predictions for the show. This week is going to be a very very busy week because we also have Summer Slam this coming Sunday so my prediction posts will be all over the place. I don't like drowning you with prediction posts but with two big big shows there's pretty much no choice but I know you guy's don't mind a prediction post or too. I want to remind that also that my NXT Takeover predictions are apart of NXT Season/ month and the review and reactions blog post will be the post that will end the series. I hope you guys have enjoyed the season and I cannot wait to do it again next year! My Summer Slam predictions have already started here on my blog and I will link the latest post in the series down bellow at the end of the post so you can check that out and stay all up to date on everything. I really would love to know what season you would like to see next on my blog so let me know by leaving a comment bellow. I will link bellow any recent blog post including the latest in NXT Month and finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this weekends NXT Takeover show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Saturday live on the WWE Network for the first time ever NXT Takeover will leave full sail university and take place in Brooklyn New York, just one day before Summer Slam. The main event for the show has been announced and we will see Finn Balor defend he's NXT Championship against the man he took it from back at Beast In The East, Kevin Owens. But who will be walking out victorious? Will Kevin Owens be the first NXT star to be a two time NXT Champion? Or will Finn Balor prove that the demon in him is just too much for Kevin Owens? Well, in today's blog post I'm taking you back through the actions at Beast in the east and looking at what both superstars have been up too over the past couple of months. So with so much to get through lets waste no more time and jump right into today's blog post.

Here is what I wrote about the championship match between Owens and Balor back at Beast in the East in my top twenty matches of July. The full blog post will be linked bellow at the end of the post.
"And finally, we are going all the way back to the fourth of July when the Beast in the East show live from Tokyo Japan took place and Kevin Owens took on Finn Balor one on one for the NXT championship. The build up to this match was great. The WWE had put a lot of effort into making this an all star match up and that is exactly what it was. The hype was lived up to, the expectations were exceeded, and this was by far not only the match of the month but one of the best matches of the entire year. After weeks, months even, of a great build up these two finally stepped in the ring together, one on one for the NXT Championship. Before we get into the actual match I want to talk about that build up. For weeks, since he became number one contender at NXT Takeover Unstoppable, Finn Balor was on a momentum high. He managed to pick up huge, clean victories over the likes of Tyler Breeze, Tye Dillinger, Rhyno and even the champ, Kevin Owens. He was made centre of attention on the NXT roster and when he wasn't in the ring competing everyone was still talking about him. We were treated to a three part mini documentary that told the story of Finn Balor generating even more attention. I thought it was an amazing idea and great Documentary, if you haven't seen it I really advise that you check it out. It was such a key part in the build up. It allowed the NXT universe to connect with Balor on a much more personal level and to be fair it was a big clue to how the championship match was going to end. There was then the little video that they did with Balor promoting the show and he's "demon" side coming out witch I loved as well. All of this tied together amazingly well and made the match something it wouldn't of been without it. The entire build up gave this match I haven't seen any other match have. There was a massive story in it and that's what I loved. It was as if we had bee invited into Finn's life and we were all in the big journey with him. Coming back to Japan, the place that truly made him a star was the story of this match. It was about Balor picking up the big one in the place that made him. It was such an important big chapter of he's life and career and we all felt apart of it. I haven't ever watched a match and it had had that feel to it. The energy from the moment Balor entered the arena to the moment he left was insane. It felt as though I was right there, in Japan watching the action from ringside. I don't think I have been that into a match all year round. I was cheering, clapping, banging the table, and screaming at my lap top like a mad person. The actual wrestling was mental! The diversity, the skill, the technique,it was all just amazing. These guys pushed each other to the limits and brought out the very very best in each other. Owens brought so much character. Throwing the flowers before the match started, the blatant disrespect shown it all just made the match a whole lot better. Throughout the match you Owens just kept reminding us why we should hate him but then he would just put on such a great performance that you have to admire him as a wrestler. He had a dominate performance but it was Balor who picked up the big win in the end. I was honestly expecting Owens to retain just because I was convinced he was dropping the title to someone else so that was a great surprise. I remember jumping up and down, cheering and clapping like I was there. I may even of had a little tear or two. It all just tied together so well. Balor brought so much heart and passion that I loved every moment of this match. I knew from the moment it finished that this was going to be the match of the month. It had a phenomenal story, outstanding wrestling, and it all just came together perfectly. There is no other match that could of topped this and so it deserves to be my match of July."

So let's first take a look at Kevin Owens. Two thousand and fifteen has been on crazy yea for Kevin Owens to say the least. He's been my superstar of the month two months in a row, he's been competing for both NXT and the main roster, he's had some of the best feuds of the year, and has competed in some of the greatest matches of not only the year but in WWE history. There's no doubt that he is in the running of taking home the Slammy for superstar of the year this year. I have to be honest though, I do think despite the amazing, strong booking he has been getting I still really don't understand the decision to have him not defeat John Cena last month at Battleground. I seriously think that the best move to have made was have Owens defeat Cena for the United States Championship. It just seemed to have made the most sense and in my opinion I do think that it was a really bad move. But, we're moving on from Battleground now and it's time to focus on NXT Takeover as he set to take on Finn Balor for the NXT Championship. You have already read what I thought of their previous championship match. It was easily one of the best matches I have seen all year round and one of the best matches I have seen from a WWE product in a very very long time. It had everything you could possibly ask for in a championship match. If I'm being honest I did think that Owens would have dropped the championship to Samoa Joe just because of how the direction of their storyline was going but with the build up and venue for Beast In The East is seemed like the best move to make and it was clearly Balor's time to take gold. Now, when it comes to NXT Takeover and this championship match I think it's more than safe to say that we are all expecting a lot from these two. We all know that these are two of the best in ring competitors in all of the WWE. We know that they can put on phenomenal matches and at NXT Takeover we can all expect them to steal the show and put on yet another amazing match up. I do think it's going to be very split but I also think we're gonna see a whole other side to Kevin Owens. He's walking into this match with nothing to loose but he's also going into it in a pretty bad mood. He loss to Cena at Battleground by tapping out, he lost the NXT Championship to Finn Balor at Beast In The east, and so we can expect him to be completely ruthless in this match. He won't be holding back at all. We are used to seeing Owens dominate a match and take control and we know how dangerous he is in the ring and so a pissed off Kevin Owens isn't gonna be good for Finn Balor. I do think this is an important night for Owens. I don't see him defeating Balor at Takeover and taking the championship again. We know he's now an active member of the WWE main roster so there's no way he's going to be winning this match but it won't stop him from having an epic,stand out performance. I don't think he will suffer badly with a loss. He seems to pick himself up really really well and bounce back perfectly fine.

Then we have Finn Balor. Once again, it's been amazing year for Finn Balor so far. He's taken complete control of the NXT roster and he's hands down one of the most must see WWE and NXT Superstars of all time. The past couple of moths have been amazing for Balor. He's victory over Kevin Owens for the NXT championship back at Beast In The East one of the most meaningful championship victories I have ever seen. He had such an amazing performance and he really did arrive in the WWE on that night. It was like the night he truly became a star in the WWE. I do think he is under a lot of pressure at NXT Takeover as is Kevin Owens. They both need to pull out something really special, something we haven't seen from either of them before. The standards are so so high for this main event. I don't doubt for a single second that these two will put on a phenomenal match. I think both superstars are going to be stands of the night. The thing we can count on is both superstars know how to bring character and excitement to a match. We can always expect the very
best. I do think that we are going to see Balor take things to whole new level when he defends the championship at NXT Takeover. I defiantly think that he will be brining it to such a high level and we are going to see even more of what he can do in the ring. I know that he still has so much more to
show in the ring and I think at NXT Takeover he really is going to take it to the limit. I think it's pretty clear that Balor will be leaving still the NXT Champion. There's no way that he is going to be dropping the title to Owens at Takeover. He is walking into this match with loads of momentum and he's victory will be very convincing. I think Balor is going to have a very interesting run as champion and he still has a lot so show. I would really like to see Baron Corbin come out and attack Balor after the win. We have started seeing Baron really get that push he needs and if he does start to take on Balor it would work in really well with he's work with Samoa Joe.

I'm predicting a big big main event between Owens and Balor at NXT Takeover. They are two of the best in ring performers in all of the WWE and we can only expect the very very best from them. I think it's clear that Balor will be walking away with the victory in this match but when it comes to the actual match it's impossible to predict just what these two will pull out of the bag. You can let me know what your predictions are for this match and the rest on the NXT Takeover card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts