Summer Slam Predictions: The Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, live on the WWE Network and cable TV we will see one of the biggest re-matches in WWE history as the phenom, the Undertaker takes on the beast Brock Lesnar at one of the biggest pay per views in WWE, Summer Slam. The entire world is excited for this match and I know that as a life long fan of both of these superstars, I cannot wait to see what goes down between them this weekend. But who will be leaving victorious? Will Brock Lesnar prove he's immortality and defeater the Undertaker for a second time? Or  will the Undertaker give Brock Lesnar he's first pin fall or submission victory in over two years? In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through the action of the past month and making my predictions for the big main event. With so much to get through let't not waste any more time and jump right into the predictions.

Before we get started with the predictions I want to insert what I wrote in my Battleground Review and Reactions post for the main event, so here it is:
Finally we had out main event witch saw Seth Rollins defend the WWE World Heavyweight championship against former champ, the beast, Brock Lesnar. Now, I loved the build up to this match. I thought it was clever and really well done. The WWE were able to really change things around for Rollins after a weaker run as champion than expected. He had spent the past month or two showing himself to be the reckless, dangerous superstar that we missed. We finally saw him begin to stop hiding behind the Authority and as a result we got some amazing matches from him. In fact my match of the month last month as the Money in the bank main event between Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Throughout the month we had seen Rollins more dangerous than ever, taking out superstar such as Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and even he's opponent Brock Lesnar with the help of Kane  and J&J Security. Now he may have had some help but it made him look like the dangerous champion we needed him to look like from the start. He's beat down on Lesnar was such a key part of the storyline and build up. Initially it was all about Rollins proving himself to the Authority and to the WWE universe and don't get me wrong that did stay throughout the build up but the attack was an even stronger point. It was the fire in the match. It was something we all knew Lesnar had not forgotten at all and something that Rollins would have to pay for in the match last night. To be fair, both superstars were going into the championship match with a great deal of momentum. Rollins had spent all month picking massive victories and competing in some great matches, while also cutting strong promos and being in good segments, not to mention he's big beat down on Lesnar. Lesnar on the other hand had a completely one sided match against Kofi Kingston at Beast in the east picking up that win while also having a great role in the build up. I do think this was a tough match to call, it could of gone any way and with Sheamus and the money in the bank contract, we could easily expect the unexpected for this main event. The match itself started out with of course Lesnar going straight on the attack and honestly, being so protective of Seth Rollins I literally shouted at my TV "be careful! he's only small". The moment he he hit that first German suplex I felt Rollins pain. In the space of five minutes, Lesnar proved why he really is a beast! Rollins did get some offence. He had to really use he's speed and keep Lesnar down and off he's feet but even though he was taking kick after kick Lesnar just didn't give up and it was like it had no effect. Now, when Rollins did spend he's little time in control he had so really speed things up and that's exactly what he did. We then had the shock of our lives when the lights when out and when heard that dong... okay that sounded strange. Targeting Lesnar he set he arena on fire! I marked out like a mad person. The arena went crazy and it was just the perfect way to end the night. I will admit, I didn't like how weak Seth looked and how they took the spotlight away for him but that was just freaking epic.

Let's first take a look at Brock Lesnar. The past couple of years have been insane for Lesnar. The booking doesn't really get much stronger for a WWE superstar than what he has gotten. In the past year alone he has defeated the Undertakers undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, he's beat John Cena in one of the most one sided, memorable matches in WWE history, and he's main evented both Wrestlemania thirty one and Battleground, just to mention a thew things. He's one of the most talked about, must see WWE superstars today and has brought a whole new era to the WWE. What I mean when I say that Lesnar has introduced a new era to the WWE is that he's introduced this PG aggression. Something that we haven't had yet since the WWE went PG. You see Brock Lesnar and you know that there is going to be no holding back with him. He's going to bring out the best in himself and he's going to completely dominate a match. He brings a sense of unpredictability and the feeling of anything could happen and I love that. He's completely ruthless and that has brought something new to the WWE and the PG era. Now, like I said, Brock Lesnar has had one truly amazing year. It honestly doesn't get much better than what he has had and it all really did kick start with him defeating the Undertaker last year and ending the undefeated streak of the Undertaker at Mania. If you remember, I was actually fuming about the streak being ended by Brock Lesnar, just like everyone else was last year. I was ranting, I was raging, I felt like my childhood had been ended in a matter of three seconds and I was just not happy but the more time I spent thinking about and adjusting to it I actually came to be okay with it. Now don't get me wrong, I do still think that if the WWE waned to pass the torch onto anyone they should have past it on to Bray Wyatt and should have been the one to end the streak but I'm not going to go on another big rant. Lesnar has been the most dominate superstar in all of the WWE and when he did defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania last year was just a huge statement and reminded everyone just how dominate he actually is. Since then he has been an unstoppable force in the WWE. I think because of that he is under so much pressure this weekend. I think Lesnar is always under a lot of pressure to deliver to a high standard because he has set the bar so high from himself. We are used to and therefore expect to see a dominate, insane performance from him. The build up for he's match this weekend has been so so strong and I cannot wait to see what goes down between the two of them. It's one of the top matches I have most looked forward throughout this entire year but I don't really know what to expect. Now, I am going to be backing the Undertaker but if I look at this properly I do think that it would make more sense for Lesnar to win. I think if he does loose to Taker this weekend it will defeat the purpose of him defeating him in the first place at Wrestlemania last year. Lesnar has gone over two years not being pinned or submitted and after having the most dominate year possible having him loose to the man who's streak he ended would just seem odd. It would destroy a lot of he's momentum he has built over the past two years. I do think things would be completely different if Taker was leaving the WWE but we all know that he has no plans of leaving any time soon. If Lesnar was leaving it would make sense for Taker to win the match and it would work just fine. But Lesnar is staying around for at least another three years and so having he's moment and streak ended while he's at such a high point in he's career it would just feel a little... wrong, if that's the right word to use. Of course the WWE have a great story they are going on. Lesnar ended Takers streak last year and Lesnar has built he's own undefeated streak and so it makes sense for the Undertaker to be the one to end he's streak in payback. I think it's a tough one to predict and a tough one to chose a right side. I think either way Lesnar is going into this match with bags of momentum and I think he will be having yet another dominate performance. I do still think he has  a huge chance of walking away the victor again and to be honest I don't think I would have a problem with that as long as the match is outstanding.

Now on to the Undertake and to be honest I don't have as much to say about Taker as I did for Lesnar. Of course we haven't seen as much of him but I still have a great deal to say. I'm going to start off by letting you all know that growing up the Undertaker was the man I feared the most in the world but wanted to grow up and be at the same time. I remember watching him as a kid an just being hooked. As I got older I grew to admire him and respect him on a level I hadn't experienced for any other wrestler. He's gone down in history to be one of the most popular characters in pro wrestling and is one of the biggest names in WWE history. When the streak ended last year at Wrestlemania I swear apart of me died. It was like a apart of my childhood had just been blown up. I did eventually get over it but every single time I re-watch the match I still have the same shock reaction and it almost doesn't feel real. He's return at Battleground was a shock. Even though the rumours were everywhere it was still a nice big surprise for me and I did of course mark out like a crazy seven year old. I am a little worried however about the booking of this match and how it is going to go. The match build up has been amazing. I can't fault it what so ever. Both superstars have looked strong and dominate throughout and because of the amazing build up this is by far the match I'm most looking forward to on the Summer Slam card. I honestly don't know however how this match is going to end. Like I already said, if Lesnar was leaving the company then it would make sense for Taker to beat him this weekend. The story of Taker ending Lesnars own streak as payback/revenge is a great story but I don't think that Lesnar can take a loss when he is in the prime of he's career and on such a dominate run. I do think he could and would bounce back perfectly fine but I think I would really much rather see a new up and coming star be the one to end Lesnars two year undefeated streak at some point. However, at the same time can the Undertaker really suffer another loss. He lost at Wrestlemania last year, then he beat Bray Wyatt this year at Mania and now of course he has Lesnar again. I'm not sure whether or not he will be competing at Mania next year. If not, say this is it for him witch I doubt, then it would be fine for him to suffer a loss I suppose but then again it's difficult because if this is he's last match I want him to go out with a bang and win one more big match. If he is coming back next year then can he suffer a loss and how will he bounce back from that. It's so so hard to call. But I think he's going to have a great performance. At the moment he looks great. He looks much much better than when he took on Brock last year and so I do think he is going to have a great performance this weekend no matter what.

I have high expectations of this match. I'm hopeing that it's better than their last match. I'd like to be longer, more intense, more barbaric and I'm hopeing Taker gets even more offence. I think it's going to be a very very physical match with a great showing of strength from both superstars. The crowd are bound to be split witch makes the match even better. I think we are safe to expect the best of the best from these two. The ending is going to be very interesting. We had a weak main event last month at Battleground and so we need a longer main event and we need a clean ending. I don't know if the WWE would actually have an interference of some kind. It would be pretty awesome if Sting came out at some point, it would probably be best after the match just because I'm not sure how it would go down if we got a similar closing to the show as we did for Battleground. I personally wouldn't mind I don't think. If the WWE started building up Sting VS Taker for Wrestlemania 32 this weekend (I'm not letting go of that idea) then I do think it would be pretty cool if Sting somehow caused some kind of distraction but I'm still undecided. I do like how I'm not sure what to expect as an ending. I love unpredictability in a match.I personally will be backing the Undertaker for the sake of my childhood but you never know that could change over the next couple of days but I want to know who you are backing. Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts