Summer Slam Predictions: Seth Rollins VS John Cena

Championship VS Championship match 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This up and coming Sunday, live on the WWE Network we will see United States Champion, John Cena go one on one with the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins at the Summer Slam pay per view in a battle to be crowned the ultimate champion in WWE. The whole world knows that I am not been loving this feud at all. It hasn't gone down well with me and I still think that things should be different but in today's blog post I'm going to be making my predictions for the one on one match. I'm going to be taking you back through all of the action from this past month, looking at what both superstars have been up to and making my last old predictions. With so much to get through let's waste no more time and jump right into things.

Here is what I wrote about John Cena in last months top twenty superstars of the month blog post:
"Kick starting the top ten is the current United States Champion, John Cena. I feel like I always Cena around the number ten mark in the top fifteen like every single month, but it does feel like the right position to put him in this month. I honestly feel like Cena is having one of he's best and strongest years in a long time. For the first time in a long time I have enjoyed several of John matches and feuds. Now, I do think some stupid decisions were made with him in July. I didn't like the fact that he maintained the United States Championship at Battleground against Owens. I think it was a dumb decision and I'm still moaning about it a couple of weeks later. However, he did yet again have another match of the year candidate match when he did go toe to toe with Owens at Battleground. It was easily one of the best matches of the month and of the year. He's worked some amazing matches this month not only against Kevin Owens but against Cesaro. He's one on one match against Cesaro this month was yet another match of the year candidate. We also saw Cena cut some amazing promos and kick start some new work with Seth Rollins. He's also of course main evented RAW in another strong match. It was hard deciding a number ten spot holder but it felt right to have John in the place after having another great month of amazing matches."

There is no doubt that two thousand and fifteen has been one of John Cena's greatest years. He's been in some of the best feuds of the year, the best matches, promos and segments. But he has also taken on a new role. While he may have continued to remain the last man standing in ever feud he has been in, he has spent the entire year working with young, fresh, new talent and giving them their best matches so far in the WWE, including, Rusev, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, and Kevin Owens. I think this has been the year that he has brought the most too and after bringing back some interest and importance to the United States Championship, John Cena has had one of he's strongest years in a long time and in my eyes in the running to becoming two thousand and fifteen, superstar of the year. Now, as you all know, there are booking decisions that have been made that I have hated so so much. The entire world knows by now how frustrated I was that Cena didn't drop the United States Championship to Kevin Owens at the Battleground pay per view. In my opinion there was no questions about it. Owens was the next US Champion. It made the most sense and I think would have been the perfect move to make and he would have been the perfect person for Cena to drop the title to. I literally have no idea why they had him come up on top but I have a whole other blog post coming up where I talk more about that. Because I'm not a fan of how this match has come about, the timing, what it is for, and the storyline it's hard for me to look forward too it. Like I have always said however, is I know for a fact that these two are going to put on one heck of a match. They have such a great history and John Cena always manages to bring out the best in Rollins. I think the ending of this match is going to be very very interesting. I don't want either one of these superstars to be both United States Champion and WWE World Heavyweight Champion and if I'm being honest I don't think either one of them will and instead we will see a little twist witch I will get into more. I don't think Cena needs this win. He's been so so strong recently that the ending of this match doesn't really matter for him. I do think that if this match was just for the WWE World Heavyweight and Cena wasn't the US Champion then I think he would of have picked up the win no doubt about it. Rollins has held onto the title for a fair amount of time and I do think he's reign is coming to an end but I do not want Cena holding both championships at the same time. This weekend we will see an amazing performance from Cena. He always woks perfectly well with with Seth Rollins and he manages to bring out the best of him as does Rollins with Cena.

Here is what I wrote in my Battleground Review and Reactions for Seth Rollins championship match:
"Finally we had out main event witch saw Seth Rollins defend the WWE World Heavyweight championship against former champ, the beast, Brock Lesnar. Now, I loved the build up to this match. I thought it was clever and really well done. The WWE were able to really change things around for Rollins after a weaker run as champion than expected. He had spent the past month or two showing himself to be the reckless, dangerous superstar that we missed. We finally saw him begin to stop hiding behind the Authority and as a result we got some amazing matches from him. In fact my match of the month last month as the Money in the bank main event between Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Throughout the month we had seen Rollins more dangerous than ever, taking out superstar such as Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and even he's opponent Brock Lesnar with the help of Kane and J&J Security. Now he may have had some help but it made him look like the dangerous champion we needed him to look like from the start. He's beat down on Lesnar was such a key part of the storyline and build up. Initially it was all about Rollins proving himself to the Authority and to the WWE universe and don't get me wrong that did stay throughout the build up but the attack was an even stronger point. It was the fire in the match. It was something we all knew Lesnar had not forgotten at all and something that Rollins would have to pay for in the match last night. To be fair, both superstars were going into the championship match with a great deal of momentum. Rollins had spent all month picking massive victories and competing in some great matches, while also cutting strong promos and being in good segments, not to mention he's big beat down on Lesnar. Lesnar on the other hand had a completely one sided match against Kofi Kingston at Beast in the east picking up that win while also having a great role in the build up. I do think this was a tough match to call, it could of gone any way and with Sheamus and the money in the bank contract, we could easily expect the unexpected for this main event. The match itself started out with of course Lesnar going straight on the attack and honestly, being so protective of Seth Rollins I literally shouted at my TV "be careful! he's only small". The moment he he hit that first German suplex I felt Rollins pain. In the space of five minutes, Lesnar proved why he really is a beast! Rollins did get some offence. He had to really use he's speed and keep Lesnar down and off he's feet but even though he was taking kick after kick Lesnar just didn't give up and it was like it had no effect. Now, when Rollins did spend he's little time in control he had so really speed things up and that's exactly what he did. We then had the shock of our lives when the lights when out and when heard that dong... okay that sounded strange. Targeting Lesnar he set he arena on fire! I marked out like a mad person. The arena went crazy and it was just the perfect way to end the night. I will admit, I didn't like how weak Seth looked and how they took the spotlight away for him but that was just freaking epic."

Seth Rollins has had an interesting past month. Even though I loved the return of the Undertaker, I mean come on, who didn't? But I felt like we were cheated out of what was a great feud. Lesnar VS Rollins was one of my favourite feuds of the year and I expected so much more than what we got. The match wasn't long enough and I felt like we didn't get a complete ending to everything so I was a little disappointed there. I also don't think that Rollins was booked as a champion and as the top guy last month. August has seen that improve. I have been more interested in he's segment and promos than I was last month. They have been a little different and far more interesting. I think that't the magic of John Cena though. He manages to bring out the best in the young stars both on the mic and in the ring and we have seen that a lot this month. Breaking Cena' nose was a great part of the story. It finally made Rollins once again look like that champion to fear. We got back the dangerous Seth Rollins that broke the ribs of Brock Lesnar and sent Dean Ambrose's head through cinder blocks. He's had a strong month, competing in some amazing matches, promos, and segments. We've also seen him actually defend the championship a couple of times as well. I do think that this point the WWE are starting to doubt him. Just looking back at the past couple of months, he's booking hasn't always been all that strong and he's work has just been way to repetitive and predicable. I think that he's time as champion is running out. He's  held onto the title for a fair amount of time and I do think that we are ready for a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Whether the right person is John Cena I'm not sure. I know for a fact that this is going to be a great match for Rollins regardless of the ending. Because John does always bring out the best in Seth I think we will see some amazing work from Rollins this weekend and he could have he's match of the year.

I would really like it if this match was a long one. I think after the week Battleground main event we need something strong and long for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match this weekend. The longer the better for this match I think. I said earlier on in the post that I felt like there might be a twist. That twist is Sheamus. As we know, he's this years Mr Money in the bank and I have a strong feeling that this weekend we will see him cash in. Summer Slam is a popular event for cash ins and  wouldn't be surprised at all if he did so on Sunday. I honestly don't think that the WWE
will have either John or Seth hold onto both the WWE World  Heavyweight Championship and the United State Championship at the same time. If he does cash in it's going to be very interesting. I think I'm going to predict that Cena picks up the win and Sheamus then cashes in for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The problem being that I'm not sure where things would go and Cena would still be stuck with the US Championship. It's a real hard match to predict and I think the fact that I'm not one hundred per cent sure how things are going to end makes things even more interesting for me and even though I have hated the feud I actually cannot wait to see how this match ends. If we do get a simple, clean ending and one of these superstars does walk away the ultimate champion, the most predicable winner is of course John Cena but I personally will be one hundred per cent backing Seth Rollins.
Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts