RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. I'm back today with this weeks RAW Predictions. We are less than two weeks away from both NXT Takeover Brooklyn and Summer Slam and with a busy a weekend ahead the build up to two of the biggest shows of the year is slowly coming towards and end and the final touches are being made to the feuds and storyline's of the summer. On tonight's show we can expect even more matches for Summer Slam to be announced. So far we only have three on the card and we can expect at least another three to be announced or made obvious that they will be on the card. During tonight's show we will also have an appearance from Arrow star, Stephen Amell. In today's blog post I'm going to be talking about he's appearance alongside making my predictions for the potential matches to be announced for Summer Slam and making my predictions for tonight's show. Before we get into the predictions today, I fist have a couple of updates and reminders for you. First of all, this week will be the start of NXT Takeover Prediction week here on my blog. I mentioned last week but I've had to change things up this month because we have Summer Slam and NXT Takeover on the same week. So it made it had to have all the prediction post go up in one week. This week will be NXT Takeover Prediction week then next week it will be Summer Slam prediction week. I will be live tweeting throughout both shows and the Review post for both of them will be up the day after each show. NXT month is still going on my blog right now and it will be right up until the last post witch will be the NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions next Sunday. Throughout this week the last big post in the series will be uploaded. I will link bellow any recent blog post including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. You can also let me know what your predictions for tonight's show are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Let's start this weeks RAW Predictions by taking a look at the divas division. I've choose to kick start this weeks prediction post by looking at the divas because there's so much to talk about after an eventful week for the women. During last weeks Monday night RAW Charlotte picked up her biggest victory to date hen she made the divas champion tap out during tag team action. It's no secret that the WWE are building up Charlotte to be the next divas champion and her win over Nikki Bella last week proves exactly that. There is a possibility that Charlotte will get a divas championship match tonight. She's been on such a role since she arrived on the main roster and it would make perfect sense for her to get a shot this week at the championship. The only thing that is making me doubt the fact she might get a championship match tonight is that I don't think they are going to have Nikki drop the title so close to Summer Slam and I still think they want to do more with her as champion throughout the divas revolution. Charlotte's victory however will not go unnoticed and we can expect team PCB boast about the win during tonight's show. There's no doubt about that. I one hundred and ten percent believe that Charlotte will get a divas championship match at some point. So far we haven't got any divas match announced for Summer Slam and they may decide to have Nikki defend the championship next Sunday against Charlotte even though it's most likely we will see all nine divas compete in one big match up on the night. Either way, the divas Summer Slam match should be announced tonight. Don't rule out a championship match tonight though. It would be nice if the WWE shake thing up in the revolution. I'm hopeing tonight that we see more of Becky Lynch and Tamina. I keep saying week after week but Tamina seriously needs to start doing something. At the moment it just seems like she is feeling a space. I really would love to see her compete tonight and remind everyone that she is there still. After what happened last Thursday on Smackdown it would make sense for her and Becky Lynch to be booked in a one on one tonight. I'd also really like to see Nikki compete in a singles match during tonight's show or some time this week.

It was announced last week that Arrow star Stephen Amell will appear on this weeks Monday night RAW. You will probably remember a couple of months back hen Amell was in the crowd for an episode of RAW he was personally confronted with Stardust as they had a little...moment. The following night there were rumours left right and centre that the two of them would be going one on one at Summer Slam and now only two weeks away from the event their match is slowly starting to come together. I do like how their little mini feud has developed and been worked on over the past month or so, it means it's not completely out of the blue. However, I feel like the mini feud between Stardust and Adrian Neville never really ended. I would have liked it if Stardust proved that its the era of the Villains by defeating Neville aka the hero. I feel like it would have added more to the build up of Summer Slam and add to Stardust's momentum. Now, we might see him pick up that big, much needed victory during tonight's show. I'd love it if he defeated Neville and proved he's point and then after the match he attacks Neville and that's when Amell comes out. I know that I sound like I'm over thinking this way too much and instead of making a prediction I'm talking about my dream scenario. But like I keep saying every week, I really am loving this comic book style feud even though I know there are a lot of people that are not liking it. I'm defiantly looking forward to Amell's appearance tonight. It should be interesting seeing him and Stardust come face to face and be back at the same show. I think I'm looking forward to this way more than I should be. But I really am super excited to see what goes on in this feud tonight. Stardust is on such a role right now and I'm glad he's getting the attention and the push he deserves, the direction this is going in should be interesting.

On tonight's show we can expect a great deal of returns. I'm expecting at lest three WWE superstars to arrive back on RAW and in time for Summer Slam. The first of course being John Cena. He took the week off last week after suffering a broken nose. Whether or not he will be back tonight is yet to be announced but knowing Cena, he probably will be. If he is back tonight then we can expect a good old fashioned John Cena promo hying himself and Summer Slam up. He will also of course be  responding to Seth Rollins proposal last week of a championship VS Championship match. I made it perfectly clear that I hate this match and what it is going to be for but I will moan more about that in my prediction post witch will be uploaded next week. I know for a fact these two will have a phenomenal match but I'm just really hating this feud and the fact they are putting both championships on the line. Cena's response will be typical Cena response and I doubt it will change my mind on the whole thing but I'll give it ago and try my best to enjoy it. It will be interesting seeing if he competes tonight if he is back. A likely opponent would be someone like Sheamus. Talking of Sheamus, we need to keep a really close eye on him because even though he may not be standing out massively right now he could play a huge role next Sunday at Summer Slam and we need to remember that he does still have that Money in the bank briefcase. I wouldn't be surprised if he took on John tonight but I think the most likely booking for him is going one on one with either Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, or Roman Reigns. There is a possibility Sheamus will not be competing on tonight's show because of a recent concussion. With.With how he has been booked recently facing any  of these superstars would make the most amount of sense for him. But there is still work between him and Randy Orton and they probably will compete at Summer Slam. Anyway,  back to John Cena and Seth Rollins, and the champion last week had an amazing match against Adrian Neville and I would love to see him continue to have these strong matches in the build up to Summer Slam. It's what he needs and I really think he needs to keep momentum at a high. He had a great week last week and I hope that continues even when Cena is back.

Talking of returns, lets move our attention to Dolph Ziggler. I'm growing even more impatient ever week when it comes to Dolph Ziggler and he's return. I was convinced that he would be back last week and so I was super disappointed when he didn't come back. Summer Slam is only two weeks away now and if he is going to be on the card then he is going to have to make a return tonight. I'm one hundred and ten percent sure he will be back this week and when he does return we should get an announcement for either a one on one match against Rusev or a mixed tag team match for next Sunday. I mentioned it in last weeks prediction post that while Ziggler has been out of action Lana has done a great job keeping the feud a live and interesting. She's been so entertaining and has kept the whole thing worth watching. I started out hating this storyline and little love square. I tweeted a lot about how I felt Summer Rae deserved better but I have grown to really like it and it's become one of my favourite feuds on the main roster at the moment. I think its been done really well and I think it's a clever way of keeping a great deal of attention on the divas division at the same time. The girls are the ones that are keeping this feud alive and everyone is loving Lana's tougher side. I would love it if these girls were given a one on one match at Summer Slam witch is likely but I think the WWE are going to go down a mixed tag team root. Summer Rae will respond to what happened last week during Smackdown and maybe that will lead to Lana and Ziggler coming down to the ring.
The last person I'm expecting to return tonight or make some kind of showing is Ryback. It was announced last week that he will be back in time for Summer Slam and he will defend the championship in the same triple threat match he was suppose to compete in at Battleground last month. I'm not sure if he will be back tonight but they will be pushing the match more tonight. A quick note on the tag team division. It does look like the New Day will have another tag team championship opportunity at Summer Slam and if so that match should be announced either this week or next week.

Last week we learnt that at Summer Slam Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose would taking on Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper in what is bound to be an amazing tag team match up. Throughout the past month we have seen this match get the build up that it needs and just like everyone else I'm super excited for this match and I have already written my prediction post for it witch will be uploaded next Monday morning. We can more than expect Bray Wyatt to have a response to the match during tonight's show witch will mean another awesome promo witch I'm of course excited about. Who
wouldn't be? I'd really like to see one or two of the four superstars compete tonight. Maybe Luke Harper VS Dean Ambrose. Or following last weeks booking, Dean Ambrose VS Sheamus for something a little different if he is able to compete tonight. I think the booking for all four of these superstars is going to be strong leading up to Summer Slam and I'm hopeing that we see an equal amount of all of them in the ring and gaining momentum. Finally we have Kevin Owens and Cesaro. Once again, this is another feud I have been loving this past month. I'd really love to see these two collide tonight and if they are going to have a match at Summer Slam then that should be announced tonight. I'd really like to see both superstars in action tonight. Maybe something like Cesaro VS Sheamus witch I would love.

Let me know what your predictions are for this weeks RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Is Tyler Breeze the next Dolph Ziggler?
RAW Review and Reactions
Why Finn Balor is already the WWE's next big thing

Comments

Popular Posts