RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. Last night was of course the official go home show for this Sundays up and coming Summer Slam pay per view. It was the last night to impress, stand out, and pick up any momentum before one of the biggest events of the year. We were treated last night to a pretty good Monday night RAW and in today's blog post we are going to be reliving all of the action as I give you my entire RAW Review and Reactions. I will be recapping all of last nights action telling you what I thought of every single match, promo, and segment. We have loads to get through today so I don't want to waste too much time, but before we get into things I have a couple of updates and reminders for you all. Starting off with . First up, you would have seen that my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions were all uploaded last week. I have had a couple of tweets asking why I bothered writing and uploading them with the spoilers already online but I pre wrote these a while ago and not everyone has read the spoilers. Plus I really like writing these post so why not. I will link all the Takeover predictions posts that were uploaded last week down bellow at the end of today's post so you can stay all up to date and give them a read if you haven't already. This week is Summer Slam predictions week. You would have seen that the fist prediction post has already gone up and I will link that bellow as well. The rest of them will be uploaded throughout this week and then on Sunday I will be live tweeting throughout Summer Slam and my Takeover Review and Reactions will also be uploaded. Also, don't forget I still have a bunch of my NXT Month blog post to be uploaded as well. You can let me know what you thought of last nights show and what your predictions are for this weekends live shows by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

With Summer Slam officially starting last night, this weeks Monday night RAW kick started with Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, the Authority. I'm not gonna lie I do love it when the Authority start Monday night RAW. It kind of adds a different feel to the night and they did such and awesome job last night getting everyone excited and ready for the biggest Summer Slam in history. Stephanie and Hunter took us through some of the biggest matches announced for the pay per view and announcing a couple of the matches set to take place during the show last night. I really did love this opening and I'm not even kidding. I felt as though it was the perfect way to get everyone ready for Summer Slam week and I was genuinely loving every single match that was being announced for the show last night. I was left so excited for the night and for Summer Slam witch was the whole point of the opening so for once the WWE achieved what they set out to.

The first match of the night was a huge tag team match as Randy Orton teamed up with Cesaro to take on the team of Former NXT Champion Kevin Owens and Mr Money in the bank, Sheamus. I actually predicted this match in my RAW predictions last night and for me this was just a perfect match up. Seriously, these are four of my favourite WWE Superstars today and of all time so have them all compete in an amazing tag team match to kick start Summer Slam week left me very very satisfied and very very happy. I also really liked the fact that the match made sense. It wasn't as though the booking was completely out of the blue and had no purpose. We saw Sheamus have an unsuccessful cash in thanks to Orton and after last weeks closing moments to the show the match made sense. Not to mention the fact that we have seen Owens and Sheamus and Orton and Cesaro team up a couple of times over the past month too.  I've been so so impressed with Cesaro's booking recently.All four superstars have had a lot of interaction with each other so it felt right to have them compete together last night. Finally we are seeing him booked in strong matches that allow him to showcase all he's talents and allows him to stand out. He more than deserves it and it' great seeing him in such an awesome, gripping, and exciting feud with Kevin Owens. I cannot wait to see these two collide this coming Sunday. As for Sheamus and Orton, it was announced a couple of hours before RAW last night that the two would also be going one on one this coming Sunday at Summer Slam after months of going at it. Once again, I cannot wait to see these to compete on Sunday. You all know how much of a fan I am of both superstars and I really really enjoyed their match at Battleground. You may not like their feud/storyline but you cannot deny that these two, one have great chemistry, and two, know how to put on a great match. All four superstars received strong reactions from the live crowd. Everyone went mental for Cesaro with the "Cesaro section" signs really standing out. Seriously, this guy grows with popularity as the weeks go by and I'm loving seeing him grow as the weeks go on. Sheamus received the perfect heel reaction from the crowd last night. I really do love a crowd that actually let their voices be heard and give every single competitor a reaction, whether if its good or bad and we really got that last night. There was so much energy and excitement in this match throughout and that was thanks to the awesome energy from the superstars and of course the live crowd. We saw Cesaro and Orton take early control. They both really did feed off of the crowd reactions to get the early upper hand. When the show returned from the first add break things had turnt around and we saw the heels take control. Sheamus for me was the most entertaining last night. He brought so much character and came out with a couple of comedic lines. He and Owens surprisingly worked really well together witch I wasn't expecting after what we saw from them the last time they worked together. Cesaro was also really fun to watch as per usual. He was probably the most over out of the four superstars and so whenever he was in the ring everyone just went mental.The closing moments were pretty epic with Orton picking up the victory for him and Cesaro. It did feel like it was the wrong choice. Owens and Cesaro did need the win more in my opinion and I did wish that the match was longer but it was a great way to kick start the show.

Up next Roman Reigns was in action as he took on Luke Harper in one on one action. We all know that this coming Sunday live at Summer Slam, Ambrose and Reigns will take on Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper in what is set to be an epic tag team match up. I wasn't all that fussed about this match if I'm being totally honest. I would have liked it if we got something a little more original but after what happened last Thursday on Smackdown the match made sense and it felt like the right booking decision for both Harper and Reigns before Summer Slam so I wasn't moaning about anything. Plus, it was freaking awesome having Ambrose on commentary. I always love having Ambrose on commentary, I mean come on, who doesn't? I know that there is a lot of rumours going around at the moment that Dean Ambrose could be turning heel this Sunday, and I do actually believe that. I think there's a huge chance we could be seeing a heel turn this weekend and I will be speaking more about that in my prediction post later this week. Anyway, back to the match last night and Harper spent the early stages of this match in full control. He was very dominate and really did take control of the match. However, the star of the match for me was Reigns. He impressed me a heck of a lot last night. He's facial impressions, he's selling, and the way he executed all he's moves really grabbed my attention and he stood out so much or me. I know I keep saying it but he is honestly getting better more and more week after week and I'm slowly but surely becoming a pretty big fan of he's. Even though Reigns was the stand out of this match for me, Harper was seriously impressive as well. The entire world know's jut how much I love Luke Harper but he never ever seems to stop amazing me. I was actually surprised with just how much I enjoyed this match. I wasn't looking forward to it at all at the start but as it went on I just got more and more into it. It was much longer than I was expecting it to be, the two superstars had a lot of chemistry, they told a story and it was easy to watch and enjoy. The ending was pretty predicable but I liked  the match and I thought it was a good part of the show. Not to mention how amazing Ambrose was last night too.

We next had a divas match and it was a match I predicted in my RAW Predictions blog post as Tamina and Becky Lynch went one on one. I was so glad to see Tamina actually do something! For the past month now I have done nothing but moan about the fact that Tamina has't really done anything and as a result hasn't felt like she has a place in the divas revolution. I've said it plenty times before but it has felt as though she's only really there to keep the numbers equal and it's been a shame
because she is talented we just don't see enough of her at all. So it was great seeing her compete in a one on one match last night just before Summer Slam. It was also great seeing Becky Lynch have her first RAW one on one singles match last night too. It may not have been her best performance but she looked good throughout and picked up her fist big singles victory on RAW. Tamina had a decent showing too. She looked really dominate and had a couple of good spots.A predictable match but it was a nice addition to the show and it's something that both the divas needed before Summer Slam this weekend.
After the commercial break we had a rematch between Rusev and Mark Henry. Now, even though I was dreading this match and felt as though it was beyond predicable it did make sense after what happened last week during RAW so I tried my best to not moan and try and get into what was going on. After all, I am actually really enjoying what we are seeing between Lana and Summer Rae. I think these girls are having a serious impact in the divas division right now. Without realising it these girls are a huge pat of the divas revolution. The love that Lana is getting from the fans is pretty insane and the attention the two divas are getting is such a great thing for the division. It's just another thing that is showcasing just how much much effort the WWE are putting into the divas division. These girls really are taking the attention away from the men. I loved having Lana on commentary last night, it added more to that part of the night and kept the feud/storyline alive. The match itself was weak and predicable, but it was a decent way to keep Rusev's momentum strong. After the match we saw Lana once again take centre stage. I was seriously surprised with just how over she was with the crowd last night. We then of course had the huge return of Dolph Ziggler who got a massive reaction from the crowd too. Lana and Ziggler were left standing tall after taking out both Summer Rae and Rusev. This was easily one of my favourite moments of the night. I freaking loved it. Lana was very very impressive and it was amazing finally having Ziggler back. I didn't realise just how much I missed him.

Up next was a one on one match between The Miz and current Intercontinental Champion, Ryback. We know that both these superstars will be competing this Sunday at Summer Slam as Ryback defend's he's championship in a triple threat against the Miz and the Big Show. Last night saw Ryback waste no time jumping right into the action and taking it straight to the Miz but he didn't last that long in control of the match until the Miz turnt things around and worked on the knee of Ryback to stay in control. Before the match actually began we saw the Miz do a good job keeping the feud between the three superstars alive. I've always said how great he is on the mic and how well he story tells and we saw that a lot last night. Once again it was great having the big show on commentary it made sense and helped give the final build up to the Summer Slam match what it needed. I also liked the little comments Miz made at Show last night too. The match itself was very short lived, and of course, Ryback picked up the predicable win but after spending a month out of action he needed the win anyway.
We then had the contract signing for the Championship VS Championship match for this up and coming Sunday's Summer Slam pay per view. You guys know that I hate this feud, hate that this match exist and hate that the WWE are having a championship VS championship match. I explain in more detail why I'm not for this match in my prediction post witch will be uploaded later this week. Anyway back to last night and John Cena did make he's return to RAW after taking a couple of weeks out of action due to a broken nose caused by Seth Rollins. I liked the idea of the contract signing. It was a nice touch to the build up to the match but it didn't make me change my opinions on the whole thing. It did  get me more excited for the match but I still hated the fact that the WWE were putting both the titles on the line. However, I do love a contract signing and having the Authority apart of the signing really did make things even more special and interesting. Maybe I'm just easily pleased but it did make me more interested in signing. I'll give it to Seth Rollins, he did cut a pretty good heel promo last night before Cena came out.  He had me chuckle a little and I do think this was one of he's best promos of the year so far. When Cena did come out it was of course the typical post pay per view Cena promo and I'll be honest, I already had a massive headache and so Cena shouting he's head off and yelling like a mad man didn't go down to well with me. I mean, it was a decent promo. I liked and it was what the build up needed. There was the passion, the fire, and he gave us what had been missing over the past couple of weeks so I can't complain too much I suppose. I liked this part of the show. I really really liked it in fact.

It was tag team action next as The Prime Time Players and the Lucha Dragons took on the team of the New Day and Los Matadores. This Sunday all four of these tag teams will compete against each other in a fatal four way for the WWE Tag Team Championships. I wasn't really into this match last night. Of course it made sense and I get why it was booked for the show last night but I didn't really get into it as much as other matches that took place last night. In fact I hated it. The match was so so short lived and the ending was so messy and week, I just didn't like it at all but I was glad that Kalisto got the victory for he's team. The lucha dragons are walking into Summer Slam with a great deal of momentum.
It was then time for even more Divas action (I'm so glad that we get more than just one divas match on RAW now) as  one of my dream matches of the year happened. As predicted in my RAW Prediction post (witch will be linked bellow) it was champion VS Champion as the divas champion Nikki Bella went one on one with the NXT Women's Champion, Sasha Banks. I say this is a dream match (I know a lot of you will think I'm mental for saying that but it's true) because I just feel as though Sasha is the perfect women to bring out the best in Nikki Bella, and Nikki Bella could show us a new side to Sasha Banks that we have never seen before, so I was looking forward to this match and I was so so glad that it was booked for the final RAW before Summer Slam. What I loved about last night was this was actually the main event match of the night. Of course the confrontation between Lesnar and Taker was the actual main event but the divas did have the main event match of night witch just made me so so happy. I was of course expecting a lot from this match. it was something I had been looking forward to all night and I really was expecting a great match. After all this is the Divas Champion VS the NXT Women's Champion, you kinda had to expect a lot. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty pissed off we missed Sasha's entrance last night but it's a minor thing I suppose. The match was very split in the early stages, very back and fourth with Nikki getting the upper hand just that little more. Talking of Nikki, she of course showcased that cocky attitude we all know and love, but what I loved even more was seeing Sasha mock Nikki, witch is always a special
part of a Sasha Banks match. The one thing I hated about this match was how disrespectful  the crowd were. The match was very fast paced and I did really enjoy it but I think it could have been stronger. It was one of Nikki's best performances and I loved that Sasha Banks picked up a huge victory, making the divas champion tap out. Looks like we know who the real Boss truly is.

And finally, our main event. The one thing that we all spent the entire night looking forward too. Of course being in he's home town Lesnar received a massive massive pop from the live crowd. Brock Lesnar's home coming was by far my favourite part of the entire night! I'm a huge Brock Lesnar fan and I just loved he reaction he got and the way the whole thing was done. I just freaking loved it. I was surprised with the low blow that Undertaker took to Lesnar. It was such a heel move and I was a little confused but the Undertaker standing tall was a great idea and once again really made him come across like a heel so if that is what they were trying to do then they did a good job but either way I loved how this weeks show ended. I felt as though the whole show was strong. The matches were fairly week but the build up to Summer Slam was amazing! The divas steal the show in my opinion but I would rate the whole show a eight and a half out of ten. Let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Summer Slam Predictions: Kevin Owens VS Cesaro

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts