Tough Enough Review and Reactions: Week 9

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's week nine of Tough Enough and the competition is only getting harder. This week saw the most dramatic and entertaining show if the season so far witch means there is loads to review in today's blog post. With one more contestant out of the competition and a big week over and done with, things are starting to get serious for the five remaining contestants. I mentioned in last weeks review and reaction that I'm going to be keeping everything the way it is in these posts so the format will not be changing just because I think it works best and you guys seem to like it just the way it is. I want to let you guys know that I'm really really enjoying doing these blog post and watching the show. They are currently my favourite blog post to write and I'm so glad you guys have been enjoying.Last week NXT month started and run all the way through until the middle of August. I mentioned last week that because of the fact we have NXT Takeover and Summer Slam one day after the other it would mean I would of had no time to upload all the NXT blog post for the series I would of likes to and I didn't want to push it back another month, so the first post will be up sometime this week and NXT Review and Reactions post will be up every week from this week as well. I will link bellow and recent blog post including last weeks RAW Predictions and Review and Reactions. Finally,you can let me know what you thought of this weeks Tough Enough by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So it's week nine and next week is of course the big finale where we will literally crown a new WWE diva and Superstar. This week all the boys were set to be in the bottom three to decide to who will be in the final so they were all under a lot of pressure to stand out and impress the WWE universe. This week the guys and girls were sent down to NXT to set up the ring and work on their finishes and I loved it. It was great seeing more of them actually wrestling and working on their characters and move set. Stands outs for me were Josh and Amanda but everyone had a great week this week and everyone impressed me. This week I am doing things a little differently and I'm just going to jump right into looking at everyone individual performances, so lets get right to it.

Sara Lee
It was a fairly good week for Sara Lee this week. Well, it wasn't her worse any way. When she got in the ring she impressed me a lot. Of course there were a couple of times where I wanted to look away at my screen while at the same time yell at Sara but she did great once she was able to start really working on her finisher. She clearly paid a lot of attention to Lita's demonstration, witch by the way was freaking awesome, and she picked up pretty quickly. When she had to just hit the finisher on the matt you could tell she was nervous and was over thinking it but as soon as the was told where she went wrong and was told to stop over thinking it she switched it up and did a great job. I was really impressed with her and so happy for her. I'm one hundred and ten percent rooting for Sara Lee next week. She's been my favourite girl since day one and even though she's by far had the hardest time out of all the consternates she has never ever given up and carried on working hard. I do believe she has this won. I don't think that Amanda has a chance in hell of beating Sara next week in the an vote but she still needs to win over a lot of people. I really want her to surprise us all next week and have everyone eating their own words.

Amanda
I said it last week and I will say it again; I may not like Amanda at all but she had a great week again this week. When she got in the ring she did really really well. She made the finisher given to her work and suited her character perfectly. She made everything look effortless and you could tell that it came naturally to her. I still hated her attitude and when she claimed that she was simply playing a character I didn't really know what to think to be totally honest. It kind of felt like she was just trying to gain popularity with the WWE universe before the finale. So kind of manipulating the fans, but I think either way she's got a job with the WWE. She's Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn's dream WWE diva and there's no way there just going to let he go. I don't think that she will win over the WWE Universe in the space of a week. Everyone loves Sara Lee and have done from week one and the attitude that she showed this week didn't help her what so ever. But like I said, everyone has an opinion on her and that is what makes a great WWE superstar and diva so I defiantly feel like she has a career with the WWE regardless.

Josh
Once again, for the third week in a row Josh was the stand out of the show for me. All three boys were set to be in this weeks bottom three to determine what two would be in the finals so every single one of them were under a lot of pressure to stand out and grab the attention of the WWE universe. Josh really did that for me. This week there wasn't really a challenge as of such. The guys and girls were sent  down to NXT to set up the ring for an NXT show and were given finishers. Josh straight away had eyebrows raised when he told the coaches that he wanted to use a power bomb as he's finisher. I knew straight away there was no chance in hell they were going to let him use that finisher. He hasn't been training long enough at all and safety has to come first. But what I did like is how well he knew what he wanted to do as he's finisher. He knew that a power bomb would showcase he's strength to the best and would emphasise just how big he is. It was also good seeing that he was ambitious. The coaches did have something similar in mind for Josh and it worked perfectly. Everything fitted together well and he picked things up super quickly. He only had to be told once and he got it. What I love about Josh is he has the perfect wok ethic and when you look at him you genuinely see a WWE superstar. He showed us in this weeks episode just how quickly he picks things up, how well he knows himself as a character and how coach-able he is. I will admit that I really didn't like he's little "save me speech" as I like to call it. I still think he's super awkward when he's asked a question or under pressure but I'm confident that h can work on that and get better. I was a little surprised to see him get more votes than ZZ. He's really won over the WWE universe and I honestly do think he could be our winner. When it comes to the finale next week I'm pretty much certain that the WWE universe will side with Josh. He's made the most improvement,he's come the furthest and he does have a good connection with the fans. Looks like we could be looking at our next WWE NXT Superstar in Josh.

ZZ
To be fair, ZZ actually did a great job this week. I liked how focused he was when setting up the ring. It was like he actually wanted to learn and be apart of one of the most important roles in the business. When he actually got in the ring he impressed me even more. Seriously, I was not expecting him to do as well as he did this week. When asked he knew exactly what he wanted he's finisher to be and how he wanted it to be done. I loved how he used he's background and what he does for a living now as part of he's character and the finisher. I thought it was so clever and such a great idea. It felt like one of the first times that he knew what he was doing and was one of the first times that I felt he actually cared about the competition and could see himself as a WWE Superstar and as a result I began to see him as a potential WWE Superstar at some point in the future. He looked good in the ring and worked really well. I really did love the finisher and I was really invested in it and I just wasn't expecting it at all. However, a couple of good weeks hasn't changed my mind about ZZ. I love ZZ, just like everyone else. I think he's so funny and such a great person to watch. I think he has good intentions but it's frustrating because I honestly don't believe he deserves to be in the finale. Josh is the perfect person to stand next to ZZ because ZZ should be where Josh is right now. It was Josh that lost the weight, who worked hard and built a connection with the fans, rightfully earning he's place in the finale. ZZ didn't do that and throughout the competition he has been relying on he's personality, knowing just how popular he is with the fans. It makes me so mad because I still feel as though it should have been someone like Mada of Patrick in he's place next week. He hasn't worked hard enough at all and I don't think he deserves to win. As I have already said. I do believe that Josh is going to beat ZZ next week in the finale. Even though ZZ has got such a huge fan base, this is twice that Josh has got more votes than he has and I one hundred and ten percent believe that it will be him that leaves the winner next Tuesday.

Tanner 
So this week saw Tanner leave the competition and just about miss out on the finale. I don't think he should have left at all. It one hundred percent should have been ZZ but I knew from last week that Tanner would be the one leaving this week. There was no chance in hell was he going to receive more votes than Josh and ZZ. He was weak this week. I felt as though he really did embrace everything and take it all in but he just could not get the character part right. I was literally yelling at my TV for him to just change he's face and no matter how many times he was told he just couldn't do it and it was really frustrating. He's cardio is perfect, no one can fault that but he hasn't got any charisma at all. Tanner was one hundred percent the most consistent throughout the entire season and I think because of that and the fact he has shown more than ZZ he deserved to be in the finale much
much more. I'm not sure if we will see Tanner back inside a WWE ring to be totally honest. If he worked on he's character and charisma I don't see why the WWE wouldn't take him but he's got some work to do. I loved that he knew what he wanted to do as he's finisher and he did it really really well, I couldn't fault it, but once again it was the character and that played a huge part in him leaving this week.

Next week is the finale guys and I will be right here on Wednesday with my last Tough Enough Review and Reactions blog post. I will link bellow last weeks Review post and you can let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I also want to quickly thank everyone for all the lovely birthday wishes I got yesterday, thank you so much.

Comments

Popular Posts