RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It's the start of yet another month and tonight we have the first Monday night RAW of August and with Summer Slam just three weeks away we are in for a long, interesting show tonight. So far we only have one match on the card and with Triple H announcing last week that this years Summer Slam will be a four hour show instead of three hour, the WWE need to start booking and adding more matches to the card. In today's blog post I'm going to be recapping all of last weeks action and giving you my full predictions for the show tonight witch will include some predictions for the matches that may be announced for Summer Slam. Before we get into today's blog post I have a couple of updates and reminders for you. August is going to be a very long, busy month here on my blog and in my personal life. It's both mine and my brothers birthday this month so I have those to look forward too. I'm also going to be taking a trip to Croydon. August is also of course the time of NXT Takeover Brooklyn and WWE Summer Slam. I have said it a couple of times already but I have started pre posting for both prediction weeks. My NXT Takeover prediction posts will be uploaded a week before the show and the Summer Slam prediction posts will be uploaded on the actual week of the show. I will also be continuing and concluding NXT season this month. The last post in the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review witch will be up on Sunday the twenty third. I will link bellow any recent blog post including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

I'm going to start this weeks RAW Predictions off with mentioning the passing of one of the greatest heels and legends in the history of not only the WWE but the world of professional wrestling. You will all know that this past weekend we heard the sad news that Rowdy Roddy Piper had passed away at sixty one. I'm hopeing that RAW kick starts with honouring Rowdy having the roster at the top of the stage and the ten bells. I'd be pretty annoyed and disappointed if they don't do that. Piper was one of my personal all time favourites growing up and he brought so much to the company, honouring him tonight is a must in my opinion.

Last week during the opening of Monday night RAW, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H announced that this year's Summer Slam pay per view will be a four hour show instead of three hours. The event is only three weeks away and we only have one match on the card so far; the main event between Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker and even though we have some matches that are pretty obvious it's about time that we started actually having the matches announced and added to the card because time is slowly running out. Now let's take a look at some of the matches that are potentially going to take place on the twenty third. First up, Cesaro VS Kevin Owens. For the past thew weeks now Cesaro and former NXT Champion, Kevin Owens have been going at it. With promos, backstage segments, matches and brawls taking place. It's evident that these two are going to go one on one at Summer Slam it's just waiting for the match to actually be announced. Last Wednesday there was an interview put up on WWE.com and YouTube where Michael Cole interviewed Owens in an amazing interview. I will link it bellow so you can check it out if you haven't already because it was great! Owens by far is the strongest heel on the roster right now. He's the most convincing, realistic, natural heel in the WWE right now and this interview showcased that to the best.  In the interview, Owens made it clear he was targeting Cesaro and warned the former United States Champion. On Smackdown they competed against one another in a tag team match where Cesaro teamed up with Dean Ambrose to take on Owens and Seth Rollins in what was a great main event. Both superstars have been booked really strong over the past month or so and I can one hundred and ten per cent see that continuing in the build up to Summer Slam. After what we saw on Smackdown last Thursday I'm predicting a one on one between Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose. This is a big dream match of mine, I've mentioned that about a thousand times here on my blog. The WWE might want to save a one on one between these two for later on but I think it would  perfectly fine for them to compete against one another tonight on RAW. They could easily have a great match given the time and their styles would compliment each others greatly. If they do go one on one tonight there's next to no chance it will end cleanly. Instead we are likely to see Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper cost Ambrose the match or Cesaro cost Owens the match, witch I doubt. We had a week away from the Reigns/Ambrose VS Wyatt family feud that's going on and tonight we can expect things to go back to normal and Wyatt and Harper to cost Ambrose a one on one match. Back to Owens and Cesaro, I do think that we will see them clash again tonight. I really would love to see Cesaro in action tonight. If he's going to be booked in a weaker match then I predict he's opponent to be someone like Barrett and if the booking is stronger then taking on Rollins would make sense and would go down perfectly fine with everyone.

As we have started talking about Wyatt and Harper we may as well continue. Last Monday on RAW Bray cut a phenomenal in ring promo alongside Luke Harper. It was hands down one of my all time favourite promo's and serious competition for promo of the year. It was what the storyline needed and it fitted in well with the show. Not to mention how great it was actually hearing Harper say a thew words. This week we can't have just another promo. We need more. To get me and everyone else excited for the up and coming Summer Slam tag team match there needs to be more interest, more excitement. I need to be hooked and excited and so far I'm not feeling that just yet. With Reigns out of action for a while it did make a good excuse for the promo but this week I'm hopeing that he is going to be back and we get some more between the four superstars. Like I already predicted, I think we are going to see Owens VS Ambrose tonight on RAW and the match will end with Wyatt and Harper interfering. It would be great if we had them beat down on Ambrose and Reigns made a return. Roman needs some momentum after missing out on some action last week. I do think he could have a great night at Summer Slam but he needs to do way more in the build up and get some momentum going. On the topic of this feud, it has been rumoured for the past week that Adam Rose is going to be going back to He's Leo Kruger gimmick and joining the Wyatt family. I don't know about you but I'm so up for this idea.  I think it's the perfect decision to make for him. I much preferred Rose as Leo Kruger and I think bringing the character back and adding him to the Wyatt family is a very clever idea but it's going to have to be done really clever and well. I will be interested in seeing how they do it and how it comes together. I like the idea of Wyatt creating some kind of cult, kind of like what TNA did with James Storm but brining it in with the storyline he's already in is going to be difficult but interesting.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the John Cena/ Seth Rollins rivalry that is going on right now. I hate it more than words could possibly describe. Don't get me wrong, these guys have great matches. They always do and that includes last weeks amazing main event. But I don't like how they are feuding while Cena is still the United States Champion. I don't think it makes sense and I don't think it fits well. I have said it a billion times before and I will say it a billion times again, but if they had him drop the US title to Owens at Battleground it would have made much more sense and I would have been far more interested in the feud. Last week Cena put up he's Championship in the main event and so we all know that in three weeks time Rollins will be forced to put he's WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Cena at Summer Slam. This honestly makes me so much more mad than it should, but with Cena holding that US Championship I hate this is going to be booked. There's no doubt Rollins will need to win that match but I'm not feeling the build up in the slightest. It feels forced and far too similar. I loved the match last week in the main event but apart from that I'm not enjoying this feud what so ever. During the match last week Cena did break he's nose as the whole world knows and I'm not sure whether or not he will be competing tonight or on the show. I'd like it if he did take the week off. It would put more enthusiast on the damage Rollins caused and how dangerous he is and might add some actual interest and excitement to this rivalry. We can expect a boastful promo from Rollins at some point tonight, just like what we got from Smackdown last Thursday. He's booking does need to remain strong, so taking on someone like Cesaro would be a good idea but as long as he's in a long, entertaining, strong match, then I aint complaining. He just needs to keep momentum on a high.

Up next, Stardust. Where do I even begin. I know that there is a lot of you that will be hating the comic book themed feud between between Stardust  and Adrian Neville and I get why but I am personally loving this. I don't have a single bad word to say about it. It's fun, it's entertaining and it is interesting. I really do hope that everyone starts to enjoy it soon if they aren't already. Over the past couple of weeks we have seen a comic book style feud between Stardust and Adrian Neville and I have really been enjoying it as the whole world already knows. Now, I don't know if Neville and Stardust will be going one on one at Summer Slam. I personally doubt it. I think what will see is there little feud come to an end either this week or the next, with the story being the villain (stardust) defeating the hero (Neville) and that's how they will introduce Arrow star, Stephen Amell. Over the past week these two have continued to have a little twitter feud as pat of their storyline and so we can expect a match between them to start coming together and being announced very very soon and to be honest I cannot wait. Tonight we can expect Stardust to continue trying to gain momentum as Summer Slam slowly approached and we can also expect to see him focus more of he's attention on Amell.

Brock Lesnar will also be on tonight's show so we can expect him and Heyman to either open the show with a promo or segment with the Authority or at some point during the night. Expect a big reaction from Heyman following what happened the last time they were both at RAW.

We can also expect to see Dolph Ziggler make he's return tonight or next week. We all know that once he does come back he will continue he's feud with Rusev as he looks to get some retribution. Ziggler's been out for quite a while now and I think having him take some time out was a great way to put some enthusiast on how dangerous Rusev is and it gave him that little push that he needed. While Ziggler has been out Lana has done a great job carrying the feud and keeping it alive and interesting. She has done such a great job keeping everyone rooting for her and Ziggler and waiting for he's return and with Summer Slam only three weeks away I think that it is defiantly the right time for him to come back and make the build up even stronger for whatever match is going to take place. It would be nice if the WWE teased Lana's in ring debut a little more too. Expect Ziggler to interferer in a match or promo that Rusev is in tonight.
And finally, divas. The divas division is on a role right now and the diva revolution is going really strong. We have had some great matches over the past couple of weeks and we can more than expect to see that continue tonight as the build up to Summer Slam carry's on. We are all expecting to see all nine divas compete at Summer Slam in a massive match up and I don't doubt for a second that that is what we are going to get however, I would also really like to see Nikki defend that title very very soon. Even though she is looking good right now I still think that her title reign is long over done now and it's time for her to drop it to someone else. The most likely diva she will drop the title to is of
course Charlotte. She's the most over right now and it seems like the WWE are building her up as the next divas champion. Weather or not Nikki will defend the championship before Summer Slam, after or at the actual show, I'm not sure but I really do want that title off of Nikki. I'd like to see Becky Lynch in action tonight. She had a great match on main event last week and I'd really love it if she got the chance to show the rest of the WWE universe what she can do in the ring on RAW. I also think that Tamina really does need a one on one match. She is the one we have seen the least of at the moment and after appearing on Tough Enough last week it would be awesome if she got to showcase just how dominate she is in the ring tonight on RAW. I doubt we will see Alicia Fox compete tonight. I'm sure most of you will know by now, but during her match last week she suffered a concussion so I doubt she will compete this week.

So those are my predictions for this week's RAW. Let me know what yours are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Top 15 Superstars of July
Top 20 Matches of July part 1
RAW Review and Reactions
Tough Enough Review and Reactions
Top 20 Matches of July part 2

Comments

Popular Posts