Summer Slam Predictions: Dolph Ziggler VS Rusev

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, live on the WWE Network and cable TV Dolph Ziggler will go one on one with Rusev at the two thousand and fifteen Summer Slam pay per view. To be totally honest, I cannot wait for this match. I have surprised myself so much with just how much I have enjoyed the storyline. I think, just like most others I really did not like the storyline. I felt as though it was predicable, stupid, over done, and I hated how Summer Rae was being used in particular. However, as the weeks have gone on I cannot tell you how massively my opinions have changed. The WWE have done a good job putting on what has turnt out to be a great storyline. I know that that there are plenty of you that aren't really feeling the whole thing. I have read so many tweets that have mentioned how much people have and still do hate the storyline. Personally I think it has gotten better more and more as time has gone by and the girls have really been the ones to keep the storyline alive and interesting. The work between Summer Rae and Lana has been amazing! The girls have done so so well keeping everyone interested and entertained. I've mentioned it a couple of times before here on my blog and I will say it again that they have had so much involvement in the divas revolution. They may not have been apart of that storyline but for the simple fact that the fans have been so invested in their storyline and the fact that they have been the ones right at the forefront of it all says a heck of lot. I honestly believe that if it wasn't for what we have seen between these two this past month I would have no interest in this up and coming match up. I am really looking forward to this match. I think that it's received a really strong build up and we can expect a great match between the two superstars. I'm hopeing that they get a great deal of time this Sunday. If their given say a fifteen minuet match these guys could easily put on a fantastic match.. Both these superstars are amazingly talented and have put on some of my favourite matches of the entire year. They both are so much fun to watch. They bring so much character and excitement to a match and I cannot wait to see what they put on or us this Sunday. I do think that this has he potential to be a match of the year candidate and could easily be one of the best of the night, it has everything to be so. There's a great story behind the match, a strong build up, and the fans are really invested in it. When it comes to who I think should get the win this weekend, I personally will be backing Rusev just because he's my favourite of the two but I do think that it would add more interest to the feud if Rusev does get the victory. He's on a high right now and it will be great to see that stick around. However, the fact that Ziggler has been out for so long and we haven't seen that much of him, plus judging by the build up and how the storyline has been I'm certain that Dolph Ziggler will get the win this weekend. It seems like the most predictable end result. It's obvious that there's going to be some action between Lana and Summer outside of the ring and they will have a lot of attention on them. I would have loved it if this match was a mixed tag team match but I'm certain that we will get that eventually and we will soon see a one on one between Summer and Lana. I'm expecting one of the girls to play a pretty big role in the closing moments of this up and coming match. I'm defiantly expecting a lot from this match but before we close things in today's blog post let's take a look at what both superstars have been up to over the past month.

Here is what I wrote about Rusev in last months top fifteen superstars of the month;
"Up next and just about missing on going into the top ten this month is Rusev. July has been a very interesting but strong month for Rusev. He's booking has been seriously strong and he has been a superstar I haven't bee able to stop talking about. I've said it before here on my blog and I will say it again, Rusev is one of my favourite current WWE Superstars. In my opinion he has it all. He has a good image, good mic ability, good character and charisma, he can tell a story in the ring, and he is one of the best in ring performers in the whole of the WWE today. You may not like he's character but you cannot deny the fact that he is an amazing wrestler. This month we saw Rusev prove all of the above and more. At the start of the month we saw Rusev make it clear that there was no injury and the attack on Dolph Ziggler was one of my favourite moments of the month. He's booking this month has been really strong. The stand out match of course was the triple threat he competed in against Cesaro and Kevin Owens. An amazing amazing match. One of the best matches of the month and a serious contender for match of the year. Rusev had such a great performance and in the end managed to pick up one of the best wins of he's career so far. He went on to go one on one with John Cena straight after the triple threat and while he may not have had the best performance in the world there was still a couple of great spots in the match. We also saw Rusev compete in a pretty good match against Kevin Owens on Smackdown. Before that he main evented Monday night RAW in a tag team match teaming with Owens and Sheamus to take on Cesaro, Orton, and John Cena. Once again, he may not have won the match but he was a big stand out. This month we have seen some great story development from Rusev and some amazing matches, making him this months number elven holder."

Rusev has had a great past month. He's booking hasn't been the strongest but we have had some pretty great promos and segments from him in the build up to Summer Slam. He's kept the story
strong and interesting and to be fair he has had some amazing matches including an awesome triple threat against Kevin Owens and Cesaro. I loved how Ziggler was written out for a thew weeks. It made Rusev look strong and get the little push that he needed and the return was really anticipated. Lana did a great job carrying a lot of the storyline and she really did keep interest in the whole thing. Ziggler is in need of some momentum but he has the WWE universe right behind him and he's bound to have a great night regardless of the end result.The girls are bound to play a huge role this Sunday and I cannot wait to see what goes down between the superstars. Let me know what your predictions are and who you are backing for this match by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts