Summer Slam Predictions: Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper VS Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, live on the WWE Network and cable TV, two families will collide once again when Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper take on Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose in what is set to be one truly epic tag team match up. I honestly cannot wait for this match and it is one of the matches I'm most looking forward too. We have three and half of my favourite WWE superstars on the main roster today and with their history and chemistry we all know that we are in for one heck of a treat with this match. But who will be walking out victorious? Witch duo is the stronger of the two? and witch team will leave Summer Slam with a huge victory? Well in today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back though what all four superstars have been up to over the past month or so and I will then get into my bold predictions for the match. With so much to get though let's waste no more time and jump right into things!

Here is what I wrote about Bray Wyatt in last months top fifteen superstars of the month blog post:
"Bray Wyatt is this months number thirteen holder. It's been a while since Bray Wyatt was in my top fifteen superstars of the month blog post. He came close last month but there were a couple of things that stopped him from being in the list. However, this month its a whole different story and I have finally brought him back into the top fifteen. So what has Wyatt been up to this month? Well, throughout July he's feud with Roman Reigns really got going. They didn't have the super strong build up I was hopeing for but Wyatt did deliver and he got me very very excited for the match at Battleground. In the weeks before the pay per view he cut some great haunting promos that pushed the feud amazingly well. He also had a phenomenal interview with Michael Cole witch I hope you guys have seen because it was by far my favourite interview of the entire year so far. It was such a key part in the build up to the match. At Battleground when the two finally went head to head they had an amazing match, one that featured in my top twenty of the month easily. Wyatt was dominate throughout and was one of the top superstars I could not stop talking about come the end of the night. July also saw Wyatt reunite with Luke Harper witch I loved! He also had some outstanding matches against the likes of Dean Ambrose witch was also another favourite of the month."

Two thousand and fifteen has been an interesting year for Bray Wyatt. It's been very up and don throughout. I think the reason for that is because the WWE booked Bray so strong in two thousand and fourteen. In he's debut year they had him face off against some of the biggest superstars in the company and when two thousand and fifteen rolled around they didn't really know what to do with him next and what was the next best thing to do. I hated he's feud with Ryback. I thought it was  real low point in he's career and I felt like he's work with the Undertaker was a disappointment. I wasn't as good as I was originally expecting it to be and I think it did a lot of damage to he's momentum and that time in he's career. Bouncing back from that has been fairly difficult and I think the WWE have only just stated getting things right with him again by having him feud with Roman Reigns. I will admit that I wasn't all that pleased with the build up their one on one Battleground match got. The match itself was freaking amazing and was one of my favourites of both the night and month, but the actual build up started off great but the booking decisions made for both superstars meant that there wasn't enough attention on the feud and fell a little week and I was really disappointed because I was expecting a lot from it. Throughout the build up however, competed in some amazing matches (they both did to be fare) and it was exactly what he needed. The return of Luke Harper and the closing moments at Battleground during the one on one were music to my ears. I honestly loved every single bit of it. You guys know ho much of a fan I am of Luke Harper. For the past year I have spent a great deal of time hyping him up and letting the entire world know just ho much I love him. I do still think he is one of the most underutilised superstars on the roster and I don't think everyone knows just how talented he is. Harper is such an exciting opponent to watch because he's move set is so diverse and he's so unpredictable. He moves around the ring the way someone half he size does and he leaves me memorised after ever single performance. I do hope that the WWE know what they have with him and have even bigger plans waiting for him in the future. Reuniting the Wyatt family was a risky move.  I have said it about a billion times before but I still do think that splitting them up in the fist place was the complete wrong decision. The timing was all wrong and there realising that now. I think brining them back together then splitting up again then putting them back together again is just way too confusing and they need to stick to an idea and leave it at that. I do love Harper and Wyatt working together. Their chemistry is insane and it's magic when they work together. It's a shame that Rowan is injured and the original plans couldn't go ahead but I'm really looking forward to this match. Harper and Wyatt both bring something different to the match and at the same time both bring so much excitement and unpredictability. I think we need to see more of Harper in this match. I'd love to see him really stand out on Sunday and get everyone talking about him. I think we all know him and Bray are going to work perfectly with each other. They have so much chemistry and so much experience working with one another. Their both also great at telling a story throughout a match. I don't see them walking away with the victory this weekend. I'm pretty confident that Ambrose and Reigns will walk away with this victory but they will defiantly put on one amazing performance. Wyatt has done such a great job carrying a lot of the feud with he's phenomenal promos, some of witch have been some of the best I have ever heard. Regardless it will be a great weekend for both Wyatt and Harper.

Here is what I wrote about Roman Reigns in last months top fifteen superstars of the month post:
"Up next and coming in at number eight is Roman Reigns. Reigns has had a much quieter month witch has worked in he's favour greatly. Instead of the WWE making it the Roman Reigns show we have seen him take a little seat back but he's booking has remained strong and he has left me very very impressed throughout the month. Throughout July we have seen Reigns continue to feud with Bray Wyatt after their feud kick started at the Money in the bank pay per view when Wyatt cost Reigns the money in the bank ladder  match. I do think that Wyatt did a lot of work when it came to pushing the feud at the start and getting everyone excited for it but Reigns held he's own and he had just as much involvement in the feud and build up to the Battleground match. He cut a couple of decent promos. He's getting much much more comfortable on the mic and he's making clear improvements witch not even I can deny. I also want to talk about the interview he did a thew weeks back with Michael Cole. Now, if you haven't seen this interview than I do think that you should go and check it out because I was really impressed with him. He held he's own and was clean and fluent throughout the entire interview. Down to the actual wrestling and like I said he's booking has remained strong all month. At the start of July we saw him team up with Ambrose on a couple of occasions where despite having some distractions from Wyatt he had a dominate showing and good all round performance. The stand out match of he's this month however had to be when he's Battleground match with Bray Wyatt. Wyatt really did push him to he's limits and Reigns had one of he's best performances to date. The match made my top twenty this month and the reason why this match was so key for Reigns is because it showed just how far he has come in the past year when it comes to wrestling ability."

Just like Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose has had a very up and down two thousand and fifteen. I do of course think that it could of and should have been much much stronger but there is still a great deal of the year left and I still think there could be something really big waiting for him. He has competed in some amazing matches, some of witch have been my matches of the month and I'm one hundred per cent sure that this Sunday we will have another to add to the list. I do think that out of everyone in this match, Ambrose is under the most pressure. There is no doubt that he will have an outstanding performance. He and Roman have such great history and chemistry that they will work perfect together. I think if Ambrose is the one that gets pinned in this match then he's going to be in big trouble and a difficult position. Not only that, but the WWE universe will be fuming. Even though it's most likely going to be Reigns who gets the win it would be great if Ambrose did just because I think he needs it more. I do however, regardless of the way the match ends, believe that Ambrose will be the stand out of the two.

There is no doubt that this is going to be an outstanding match and will be in my top twenty of the month. This does one hundred percent have the potential to be a match of the year candidate. I'm hopeing that they will all get a great deal of time in the ring that match it self will be a lengthy one. The entire WWE Universe is looking forward to this match and the WWE cannot let us down. I know for a fact that all four of these guys are going to deliver to a high standard and leave us all standing
on our feet. What's so great about this match is all four superstars have so much history and chemistry that you know for a fact they are going to give us something amazing. Both Wyatt and Harper will be able to really push Reigns to he's limits too and bring out the very best in him. Talking of Reigns, he's going into this match the underdog. The other three are huge characters and we all know how strong they are in the ring. I think it's pretty obvious that Reigns will be the one to pick up the victory, and even though I would prefer Ambrose to get the win for him and Reigns I would be perfectly happy regardless. This is the first time in a long time that I feel as though I would moan or be angry about the way a match could end I'm just genuinely excited for it. All four of these superstars could do with the win but I'm leaning more towards Ambrose and Wyatt. We can expect this to be a a very fast paced, energetic match with loads of story telling and variety. The crowd is going to be on their throughout and after the Wyatt VS Shield match last year we know that these guys can put on a phenomenal match and we can expect nothing but the best from them all this weekend.

Let me know what your predictions are for this match and the rest of the matches on the Summer Slam card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts