Top 20 Matches of July part 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. So it's the end of another month witch means I'm back today with my top twenty matches of July! I really do think that July was actually a long month! So many people told me that they thought July went past really really quickly but I could not disagree any more! Literally, I think it was the longest month of the year so far. I was super busy throughout July and I know for a fact that I'm even more busy in August. Next month is a huge huge month, we have Summer Slam, NXT Takeover, the end of Tough Enough and NXT month here on my blog will continue and conclude. So the work load is going to be huge over the next four weeks or so. Plus it's my birthday on the eighteenth so there's also a lot to look forward too in August. I hope you guys are all enjoying NXT month so far, it's been so fun and I have really enjoyed writing the blog post. Now, I am still pre posting for the season so if there is any posts you would like to see in the series then let me know before the end of next week! I have also started pre posting my predictions for Summer Slam and NXT Takeover. My NXT Takeover posts will be up a week before the show because of Summer Slam. I will link bellow any recent blog post including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what has been your match of the month by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

10)Sasha Banks VS Charlotte (NXT 15/7)
CONTENT FROM NXT REVIEW AND REACTIONS- Finally, the main event and after teaming up with Banks to take on Emma and Dana Brooks last week, Charlotte got what she wanted, a one on one NXT Women's championship match. It was so great seeing these girls main event the show yet again. This was the second time that these two have main evented an episode of NXT and I could not have been happier. These two girls know how to put on a phenomenal match. They have a very strong history together, bags of chemistry and have already put on some of the best divas matches I have ever seen. In fact some of the best women's pro wrestling matches I have ever seen. Whenever Sasha Banks and Charlotte are set to face each other we can always expect magic. We can expect the very best and we can expect them to own and steal the show. This past week on RAW the two girls had a huge appearance on the show and so right now they are both on such a high. They have changed the idea of women's wrestling and the role of divas in the WWE. We are starting to see a big big change in the division across the WWE and these girls are highly responsible for those changes. What I love now is we have excitement for divas matches. Everyone was looking forward to seeing this match take place last night. Th crowd and everyone at home was excited for it and it felt so good being a women and seeing them main event NXT again. It's only a matter of time until they start main eventing live specials. The match last night did not disappoint what so ever. These girls stole the freaking show putting on the match of the nigh and once again treating us to a phenomenal divas match. They continued to prove that the women are taking over and that they are two of the greatest divas in all of the WWE. They honestly stole the freaking show last night and put on  yet another amazing match up. These girls never ever let the NXT universe down and they always put on a great match, last night was no different what so ever. It was a match that got better and better as it went on but from the very start everyone was hooked and really into the match. From start to finish the crowd showed so much respect to both women witch is always great to see and hear. We saw such a great showcase of strength, power, speed and pure wrestling ability. They continued to up the game and closed the show perfectly. What I loved the most about this match was the passion. These girls really do love wrestling and the WWE and that showed throughout this match. You could see how much this match meant to both of them. With their history of course they had so much chemistry and I really did get that Lita/Trish feel again. Sasha had an amazing title defence and by the end of the night was able to retain the title. It was a very fast paced match that was so back and forth. They continued to one up each other every single minuet they were in that ring. It was great seeing two women, two of the best, main event a WWE product once again and completely own it. These girls are changing the women's division every second and it was so awesome seeing them hug it out at the end of the match. Another great match and showing from Sasha Banks and Charlotte.

9)Chris Jericho VS Adrian Neville (Beast in the East 4/7)
Back on the fourth of July the WWE held a special show in Tokyo Japan witch was exclusively shown on the WWE network. Opening the show was one heck of a match between former NXT champion Adrian Neville and veteran of the WWE, Chris Jericho. Firstly, it was a great surprise seeing Jericho show up and compete. I had no idea he was going to be wrestling on the night/morning at all so that put a huge smile on my face to start with. I thought this was amazing booking. An opponent like Jericho is just what Neville needed. Jericho is the one superstar that would just work perfectly with Neville. He's the superstar that would be able to push the former NXT star to he's limits and really bring out the best in him. That's exactly what we saw at Beast in the east. Neville was also the perfect opponent for Jericho. He too could bring out the very very best in the veteran and keep everyone reminded why he is such an iconic figure in the WWE. I will be honest, despite it being half past ten in the morning when I watched this live I was really really tired and it did take me a while to get into the match and wake up a little but once I got into it there was no getting out. There was so much going on. It was such a fast paced, action packed match. We got such pure, amazing wrestling from both superstars and they really pushed each other to a whole knew level. In my opinion this was Neville's best match since coming up to the main roster. He was pushed to he's limits and he really put it all on the table. They both did. I honestly had no idea who was going to walk away with the victory in this match. It wasn't a predicable match at all and that made it so much better than it already was. The energy throughout this match was mental and it was all such a great way to kick start the show. Really good booking choice and an amazing match. 

8)Ethan Carter VS Kurt Angle (TNA 5/7)
On the fifth of July we saw Kurt Angle's TNA World Championship reign come to a big end as he took on Ethan Carter the third in one heck of a one on one match. The build up for this match was amazing. It was easy to get into and it was done really really well. It wasn't too rushed and we had time to get into the build up and gain a big level of interest in the up and coming match and the actual feud. It was a gradual build up but at the same time it wasn't so long that we got bored of it and lost interest like previous feuds in TNA this year. Over the past couple of months I have honestly become such a big big fan of Ethan Carter. I haven't really been a big fan of he's in the past. Obviously I knew how much of a great wrestler was and what he was capable of doing in the ring. He had a great two years or so really brining a lot to the product but I wasn't really sold until a couple of months back. He really did start to grab my attention and now I don't stop talking about him. What I have loved about TNA and Ethan Carter is the slow build up to the top they have given him. He wasn't rushed into becoming a champion. Instead we saw him grow as a character and develop this huge undefeated streak that never really got boring in my opinion. The build up allowed him to grow so much and make the big championship feud with Kurt mean so much more. Finally it was he's time and I was so happy that I got to watch this as a big fan of both wrestlers. The match itself was amazing. Very energetic, very athletic and we saw such a big showcase of strength. Kurt's performance as always was outstanding. I've been a life long fan of he's and he hasn't lost he's touch what so ever. He pushed Ethan to he's limits and throughout the best in him. There was so much energy and excitement in this match and I loved it. I was hooked from the start right through to the end. The build up made everything come together really well and I enjoyed this match so much making it this months number...spot.


7)Dirty Heels VS The Wolves (TNA 5/7)
Up next we have one of my favourite tag team matches of the month and of the entire year so far as the final match in the three out out five to crown the new tag team champions took place. Throughout the best of five matches these two teams have been owning it. Every single one of these matches have been amazing and I think I have actually put them all in my top twenty matches of the month for the past couple of months. For the final one the standards were very very high and I was expecting a heck of a lot and they did not disappoint. The previous week saw the Dirty Heels make the final match a thirty minuet iron man match. I loved this stipulation. I thought it really was going to bring out the best and was going to end up being the best match of the five. I'm not sure if it was the best but it was a phenomenal match and by far one of the best of the five. It had everything you would want to see in a match. There was so much chemistry between the four them and they all worked so so well together. The actual team work between both teams was great. The match flowed and we got some great all round wrestling. It was a gimicky match. I was sitting on the edge of my seat throughout the last ten minuets and I genuinely had no idea how it was going to end I love those type of unpredictable matches and this was one of them. I was hooked from start to finish. It got better and better as it went on and I was so interested in the match. I thought it was the perfect way to end the best of five matches. It was exciting, entertaining, gripping. The action was fast paced. You felt as though all four literally gave it there all and they told such a great story. I was so glad to see the Wolves pick up the win because they were who I was rooting for throughout the best of five. Easily one of the best matches of the month and one of the best tag teams matches of the year so far.

6)Seth Rollins VS John Cena (RAW 27/7)
On the last Monday night RAW of the month the main event saw WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins go one on one against John Cena for the United States Championship. I liked how the story was being told and the way the feud came across on the night and despite not being a fan of the actual feud altogether I really did love this match. The thing is, even though I hate the feud I along with the entire world knew that this was going to be a great match. Rollins and Cena have such a great history together. In the past we have seen them deliver to high standard every single time they have stepped in the ring with one another. They always put on a great match and this one was no different what so ever. I'll be honest, it took me a while to get into the match because I wasn't feeling the feud but when it really got going I was hooked and it became clear to me half way through that this was going to be in my top twenty matches of the month by far. They had such good chemistry and the match just flowed perfectly. I do think it was very predicable but once I was full interested and into the match I kind of forgot that fact. It was a really fast paced, intense, action packed match. It got better and better as it went on and even though Cena picked up the predicable win it was a great way to close the show and I thought both superstars had a strong showing.

5)Seth Rollins VS Cesaro (Smackdown 23/7)
We now have yet another match from the twenty third of July addition of Smackdown in this months top twenty. What can I say, it was a great show. The main event saw Cesaro take on the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins in what was an amazing main event. The two superstars are two of the most fun to watch, diverse, interesting superstars in all of the WWE. They bring something different to the ring and have you hooked from the moment the bell rings. You know for a fact that these two will put on one heck of a show and leave us all completely mind blown. This match was no different what so ever and they lived up to all my expectations. I would have loved it if this match was even longer, but then again I could honestly watch these two wrestle all night long. I was fully entertained throughout this entire match from start to finish. They may not have had the best chemistry in the world but they worked so so well together and the match just had such a great flow to it. Everything just came together perfectly and everything, every single move transitioned perfectly into the next.We saw some outstanding spots to this match and they both were stand outs and both brought something different to it. It was nice getting a clean ending with no out side interference and it was great having different in the main event. Rollins win made sense and was convincing. Owens beat down on Cesaro was a great way to close the show and tied everything together. Making this match one of my top twenty of the month.

4)John Cena VS Kevin Owens (Battleground 19/7)
Up next is the third one on one match between John Cena and Kevin Owens and this time it was for the United States championship. Now, I was beyond disappointed with the ending of this match. There is no hiding that. I was convinced that Owens had his won. It seemed to make the most sense and I was pretty much one hundred percent certain that was how it was going to end, but it was still a phenomenal match and here is what I wrote in my review and reactions post. The full post will be linked bellow. These guys have had so many amazing one on one matches in the past and so they have set the bar so so high for themselves. everyone expecting a lot from these two and the match including myself. I didn't know how they were going to be able to top their last match but then again I said that before and they put one one of the best matches I have ever seen or at least seen in a very very long time. This was the one match I was really going to get into and out of every match on the pretty strong card this was the one I was most looking forward too. It was also great because my mum woke up and came down stairs to watch this match with me, witch by the way was big big freaking deal. Even though I was backing Owens and was one hundred per cent convinced that he was going to be walking away with the victory I was so into this match from the moment the music hit. The popcorn was out, the drink was out and it was time to enjoy it. What I noticed last night, the moment Owens music hit was that he jut brings a whole new feel to the WWE, but at the same time something very old school. It's almost like he brings that ECW feel back to the WWE in a PG era and I love that. The reaction he got was mental and you can't help but be excited for him and for the future. Last night we saw Owens take very early control. He managed the pace of the match and got everyone chanting "Fight Owens Fight". Trust me, I was sitting right in front of my TV chanting like a crazy person. This very early on became a very fast paced match. The guys just carried on delivering amazing move after amazing move after amazing move. They both just bettered themselves so much in this match and delivered to that high standard we all had. I think what was so key in this match and what really made this match even better was their chemistry. We have seen their chemistry in their past matches but we saw it again last night and it gave the match something that the rest in the night didn't have. Throughout this match Owens just brought so much character. He portrayed the perfect heel, using Cena's own moves throughout the match just like he has done in the past. I really thought these two could not impress me any more than they already had done in the past but they just brought it last night and did not disappoint what so ever. They put on yet another phenomenal match and there really was no one true stand out. They both gave it their all and put on one heck of a match. The excitement, the energy in this match was just outstanding. I was literally left speechless half way through this match let alone the end.

3)Kevin Owens VS Cesaro VS Rusev (RAW 13/7)
Going back to the thirteenth of July we saw three superstars all declare that they were the rightful man to take on John Cena for the United States Championship on that episode of Monday night RAW. So to settle the score and to find the perfect man to take on Cena and get a shot at the championship all three men competed in a big triple threat and what a match it was. Here is what I wrote in my RAW Review and Reactions about this match.  I have to say, the things that came out of Rusev's mouth before any match began had me in stitches! He was coming out with the one line insults like a machine. Loved it.To decide who would face Cena last night all three superstars competed in a triple threat and what a match it was. Easily the match of the night. There's no doubt about that. These are three of my favourite competitors and three of the best in ring competitors in all of the WWE. I thought this was perfect booking. All three superstars brought something completely different to the table and they just worked perfectly together. In the early stages we saw the bigger Kevin Owens and Rusev go straight to Cesaro and when they thought they had worn him down they started on each other, but this is Cesaro we are talking about and he did not just sit in the corner and watch the action. For me Cesaro was the stand out of this match. He brought and delivered to such a high standard. He gave both Owens and Rusev a run for their money and pushed them both to their limits. But in return they also gave Cesaro a run for he's money and pushed him to he's limits. They all brought out the best in each other and pushed each other to such a high level. Cesaro took some huge bumps last night and there were a couple of times I had to double check my TV to see if he was actually okay. It was a very very physical match, packed with such great quality, pure wrestling. I haven't seen that much talent, that much diversity, and that much passion in one ring in a long time and it was great. What was so amazing about this match too was the fact that these guys were all NXT guys. This was such a good showing of how the future is now. The guys of tomorrow are taking the spotlight today and they completely owned the night. Half way through the match Kevin Owens walked off witch I thought was great. I love it when Owens does that, its such a great heel move and it always works, last night was no different. Even when Owens did walk off Rusev and Cesaro still owned it and carried on putting on one heck of a match. This will easily bee featured in my top twenty of the month this month. The only thing that I didn't like about this was the ending. I was expecting Rusev to win this match anyway and I was fine with that, Owens walking off was a huge indication that Rusev was winning, after all Cesaro has had two straight opportunities and so I was expecting it. I'm glad the match ended by pin fall but I just felt like we needed something bigger to have Cesaro get pinned but I'm not going to complain too much because the match was just amazing. They got a great deal of time witch made me so so happy. Cesaro had such a great connection with the live crowd. Anyone who says Cesaro cannot connect with the fans clearly is watching something different tot he rest of the world, and what Rusev got last night was exactly what he needed.

2)John Cena VS Cesaro (RAW 6/7)
Whenever John Cena and Cesaro step in the ring together they create magic. It's that simple. On the sixth of July the two of them went one on one in an open challenge match for the United States championship. The previous week we saw the exact same thing but after Kevin Owens caused the match to end in DQ Cesaro was given a rematch and one more chance at becoming the US champion. I was honestly so excited for this match. Like I said every single time these guys compete against one another they put on outstanding matches. There hasn't been one single match from these two that hasn't been amazing and this one may just be my favourite of the lot. I was originally expecting a lot from the match just like everybody else. They had risen the bar extremely high from their previous one on one's so we were all expecting them to steal the show and that is exactly what we got. They hands down had the match of the night and completely stole the show. They worked so so well throughout the match. The action flowed greatly. Every move just transitioned into the next really well. It was such a back and fourth match as well. No one spent a great deal of time or a big amount of time in control of the match. They both shared the spotlight and put on a great performance and it was so split. The crowd were pretty much one hundred per cent behind Cesaro and even though it was a split match Cesaro was the stand out for me. I think he proved yet again that he is a main event talent and deserves to get that big push. He gained even more respect from the WWE universe and the speech Cena gave him after the match proved just how much respect the guys in the locker room have for him. I was so glad this was the main event. It was something different and Cesaro deserved the spotlight. It was a fantastic match and out of every single match in this months list I think I enjoyed this one the most.

1)Kevin Owens VS Finn Balor (Beast in the East 4/7) 
And finally, we are going all the way back to the fourth of July when the Beast in the East show live from Tokyo Japan took place and Kevin Owens took on Finn Balor one on one for the NXT championship. The build up to this match was great. The WWE had put a lot of effort into making this an all star match up and that is exactly what it was. The hype was lived up to, the expectations were exceeded, and this was by far not only the match of the month but one of the best matches of the entire year. After weeks, months even, of a great build up these two finally stepped in the ring together, one on one for the NXT Championship. Before we get into the actual match I want to talk about that build up. For weeks, since he became number one contender at NXT Takeover Unstoppable, Finn Balor was on a momentum high. He managed to pick up huge, clean victories over the likes of Tyler Breeze, Tye Dillinger, Rhyno and even the champ, Kevin Owens. He was made centre of attention on the NXT roster and when he wasn't in the ring competing everyone was still talking about him. We were treated to a three part mini documentary that told the story of Finn Balor generating even more attention. I thought it was an amazing idea and great Documentary, if you haven't seen it I really advise that you check it out. It was such a key part in the build up. It allowed the NXT universe to connect with Balor on a much more personal level and to be fair it was a big clue to how the championship match was going to end. There was then the little video that they did with Balor promoting the show and he's "demon" side coming out witch I loved as well. All of this tied together amazingly well and made the match something it wouldn't of been without it. The entire build up gave this match I haven't seen any other match have. There was a massive story in it and that's what I loved. It was as if we had bee invited into Finn's life and we were all in the big journey with him. Coming back to Japan, the place that truly made him a star was the story of this match. It was about Balor picking up the big one in the place that made him. It was such an important big chapter of he's life and career and we all felt apart of it. I haven't ever watched a match and it had had that feel to it. The energy from the moment Balor entered the arena to the moment he left was insane. It felt as though I was right there, in Japan watching the action from ringside. I don't think I have
been that into a match all year round. I was cheering, clapping, banging the table, and screaming at my lap top like a mad person. The actual wrestling was mental! The diversity, the skill, the
technique,it was all just amazing. These guys pushed each other to the limits and brought out the very very best in each other. Owens brought so much character. Throwing the flowers before the match started, the blatant disrespect shown it all just made the match a whole lot better. Throughout the match you Owens just kept reminding us why we should hate him but then he would just put on such a great performance that you have to admire him as a wrestler. He had a dominate performance but it was Balor who picked up the big win in the end. I was honestly expecting Owens to retain just because I was convinced he was dropping the title to someone else so that was a great surprise. I remember jumping up and down, cheering and clapping like I was there. I may even of had a little tear or two. It all just tied together so well. Balor brought so much heart and passion that I loved every moment of this match. I knew from the moment it finished that this was going to be the match of the month. It had a phenomenal story, outstanding wrestling, and it all just came together perfectly. There is no other match that could of topped this and so it deserves to be my match of July.

Comments

Popular Posts