Summer Slam Predictions: Cesaro VS Kevin Owens

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This weekend, live on the WWE Network, two of the WWE biggest and best talents will collide and go one on one. Cesaro VS Kevin Owens is bound to be a phenomenal match and I cannot wait to start predicting it. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back through the action of the past month and recapping what both superstars have been up to over the past month, making my last bold predictions right at the end. With so much to get through let's waste no more time and jump right into the blog post.

Here is what I wrote in last months top fifteen superstars of the month about Cesaro:
"Up next and in at number four this month is Cesaro. It feels so good to have Cesaro back in my top fifteen superstars of the month in the final five. It's been a while, let's be honest. Now, being a Cesaro fan isn't easy. We all know how talented he is in the ring but the WWE have never really got it right with him and with the big shots making it clear they weren't high on him it's always been tough being a Cesaro fan. However, the month of July could not have been better for him and for us. With tag team partner Tyson Kidd out of action due to a serious injury it left Cesaro back competing as a solo but that didn't stop him wearing the Kidd/Cesaro merchandise witch touched my heart, okay. Throughout the month the WWE finally started booking Cesaro strong and getting a great push. If we go back to the early days of the month Cesaro had a rematch against John Cena for the United States Championship. The match came about after Kevin Owens interrupted and caused a DQ ending to their previous match. Now, the history between John Cena and Cesaro is amazing. The two have put on some outstanding matches and they never ever fail to impress and leave us all speechless. They have never been competed against each other and out on a bad match and this one was no different what so ever.  I want to start out by saying how amazing it was seeing Cesaro main event a show. He really did deserve it and he and Cena put on the match of the night and one of the best matches of the month and year. Cesaro looked great throughout this entire match, connecting with the fans and showing the entire world just how much of an amazing athlete he is. After the match and RAW had gone off air John Cena had some amazing words to say about Cesaro and if you haven't seen the video I will try and find it and link it bellow. The following week Cesaro competed in yet another match of the year candidate match when he took on Rusev and Kevin Owens in a triple threat match. Once again, Cesaro was a top stand out of the match and the night and he left us all cheering he's name and talking about him. He may not have won the match but he was the one we were all left talking and tweeting about. We have also seen him team up with John Cena and Randy Orton to main event Monday night RAW taking on Kevin Owens, Rusev, and Sheamus where he lived up to the expectations delivering to a high standard yet again and competing at the level of the top superstars on the roster. We also saw him compete in one of my favourite matches of the month on Smackdown a week ago when he went toe to toe with the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins. This month Cesaro has been on fire. He's been working as one of the best and biggest baby faces on the roster. He's booking has been extremely strong, main eventing both RAW and Smackdown. He's competed and teamed up with some of the biggest names on the roster, had some great segments and had an awesome interview with Cole, making him this months number four."

I think Summer Slam is going to be a huge huge night for Cesaro. Over the past year he has had some outstanding matches. Some of the best I have seen in WWE history and I think this weekend he is going to take things to whole other level. He's competing at the second biggest pay per view of the year, he's in he's best solo feud he has ever been in on the main roster, and he's opponent is a perfect match in the ring. Everyone is expecting a lot from Cesaro and I'm one hundred and ten percent sure that he is going to have a great night. The past couple of month's he has been on such a role. He's been in some of the best matches of the year and he's been one of the most must see WWE Superstars. Working as a baby face has seriously brought out the best in him. He has such a great connection with the fans and that has shined through so much recently. He knows how to get the crowd going, how to get everyone excited and keep everyone entertained. I think it's insane that the WWE spent so much time believing that Cesaro had no connection with the fans, but the most important thing right now is that he is proving everyone wrong. He's feud with Owens has come at perfect timing and it came about in such a great way. They of course competed in that amazing triple threat at the start of last month and from then on their on screen chemistry has just been amazing. I think what we have seen witch has been so great in this feud is how much Owens has pushed Cesaro to a new level. We are seeing a side to Cesaro and things from him that we haven't seen from him before. Because Owens is so strong on the mic and so good at storytelling it allows Cesaro to be pushed to new levels and showcase some new stuff. Owens is pushing out that one thing that Cesaro seems to have been missing from day one. There is no doubt that Cesaro is a phenomenal talent, one of the best that there is but he has been missing that something and what we have seen throughout the past month is Owens bring that out in him and elevate him to new heights. Cesaro isn't someone with a crazy big gimmick and over the years since he has been with the WWE he has had a great deal of character changes with the WWE finding it difficult to find the right character for him. It's been the one thing that has stopped Cesaro from being a top main eventer. Apart from that he has everything else it takes to be the best of the best. Throughout the past month it has been great seeing him compete against and alongside the bigger stars on the roster like Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, John Cena, and Dean Ambrose. It's about time he's booking got stronger and I can only see it getting better. I think at Summer Slam he's going to have another really strong and I'm predicting this to be he's best match to date. I do think that Owens needs the win slightly more but if he has a great performance, witch he is bound to then a loss won't effect him in the slightest. However, because the WWE seem to be higher on him then they are Owens I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of him picking up the victory on Sunday. I think either way Cesaro is on the road to great success and he is finally getting that big push he deserves.

Here is what I wrote about Kevin Owens in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
"Up next is Kevin Owens. For the past two months Kevin Owens has been my superstar of the month and he has more than deserved to be so but this month he has taken a little step back in the list but he has still be one of the best performing superstars of the month. He has remained one of the most talked about superstars on the WWE roster and has competed in some of the best matches of the month creating more match of the year candidates. The only reasons he hasn't been number one again is because for one I don't think he has had as much of a good month when it comes to victories and secondly I wanted to change things up a little with the top fifteen. Anyway he has still made the final and here is why. So let's go all the way back to right at the start of the month where we saw Kevin Owens team up with Rhyno to take on Finn Balor and Samoa Joe. I really did enjoy this match. It was one of my favourites of the month. It was great seeing four of the biggest and top stars in NXT compete all at the same time. A couple of nights later we saw him defend the NXT Championship against Finn Balor and not only was this my favourite match of the entire month but one of my favourites of the year so far. It was easily one of the best matches in WWE history and despite not leaving Beast in the east the NXT champion Owens had a phenomenal performance. The month of July also saw Kevin Owens officially become a member of the WWE main roster. He had another two match of the year candidates when he took on John Cena at Battleground, despite not winning he was the one we were all left talking about and I do still think it was the wrong move to make, he also competed in a triple threat against Cesaro and Rusev witch was another match of the year candidate. This month we have seen Owens main event RAW, have outstanding matches, cut some awesome promos and remain the strongest heel in the WWE right now, making him this months number six."

Kevin Owens is a very busy man this weekend. Not only will he have he's rematch for the NXT Championship against Finn Balor at Takeover but he will of course go one on one with Cesaro at the Summer Slam pay per view. So it's going to be a long weekend for him but I know for a fact that both matches are going to be truly epic! Throughout the past month Owens has continued to put on outstanding matches and produced even more potential match of the year candidates. July wasn't as strong as he's previous months. He remained competing in great matches against top top superstars but he didn't pick up many victories and with the rumours of Owens not being a favourite amongst certain names in creative and higher ups it can be hard to stay positive as a strong Kevin Owens fan. I do think that its clear that no matter what the higher ups think Owens will continue to be a big star because of how popular he is and just how great he is in the ring. He's feud with Cesaro has been my favourite feud of the past month and I think he has really done a great job brining so much excitement and unpredictability to it. I think this Sunday it's going to be interesting seeing how he is booked. In my opinion I think he needs the win much much more than Cesaro does. I think that Cesaro can
bounce back perfectly fine but Owens needs this win. If he looses both he's matches this weekend it's not gonna be good for him at all. He needs to bounce back strong from he's loss to Cena at Battleground. Defeating Cesaro is exactly what he needs.

I do think that this is going to be the match of the night. I don't doubt that for a single second. These are two of the strongest, most talented, diverse superstars on the roster and they are more than capable of putting on the match of the year let alone the match of the night. Like I have already said I think the match would have meant so much more if it was for the US championship. Owens does need the win far more and so it should be interesting seeing the closing moments and what happens throughout. I think that we will see something completely new from Cesaro and Owens will be the one bringing most of the character. It's going to be a very entertaining, pure wrestling match up and something that we will all be able to enjoy. Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts