Top 5 NXT Divas of all time

NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! With NXT month going strong here on my blog I'm back today with my top five NXT Divas of all time. This is a blog post I haven't been too sure on doing. I've changed my mind quite a bit on whether or not to write and upload it but I decided to do it anyway and I hope you guys enjoy it. There's nothing super fancy about this list. All today's post is about is just five of my all time favourite NXT Divas. Some might be now on the main roster and some might still be in NXT. There are other divas I would love to put in this list that I'm loving and have been a fan of for a while now but I wanted to just narrow it down to my top five of all time and hope you guys like it. I would love to know who your all time favourite NXT diva is so leave a comment bellow letting me know and get the conversation going. I will link bellow any recent blog post in the NXT series and any recent review and reactions posts from the past week. You can also let me know what other blog posts you would like to see throughout NXT month by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

5) Emma
Kicking off my top five NXT divas of all time is a veteran of the NXT women's division, Emma. Now, I couldn't decide whether to choose Emma or Becky Lynch to kick start this list and so I looked back over the past couple of years and while Becky has had a great year so far Emma is one of the originals and has brought so much more to the product and the division so I had to have her in the list. Emma has pretty much been a big hit with the fans from the get go. The NXT universe have backed her and supported her from the moment she really got started in NXT. She developed a huge huge following despite not matching the typical WWE diva image and gimmick. She didn't have that model, Bella twin type of image and her gimmick was something we didn't really see in the division that much and it was something that she made work and made her own. I think if anyone else had had this gimmick they wouldn't of been able to pull it off half as well as Emma did. It just came to her so naturally and it was so different to anything she had done in the past. She built a really strong connection with her fans and developed a certain type of following. Her main audience were of course the younger girls of the NXT/WWE universe and that was made so clear, but she also connected really well with every other type of member of the WWE/NXT Universe. She was funny, bubbly (see what I did there) and she could actually wrestle. She was someone who clearly had so much potential and week after week she would just get better and better. We then saw her compete in a one on one match against Paige to crown the first ever NXT Women's champion. This match was by far one of my favourite NXT women's matches of all time and I have mentioned that before. Paige and Emma have so much chemistry in the ring and together have put on so many great matches. They have had one of the best rivalry's in NXT history. Emma was the first diva from NXT to get on the main roster and whenever she came back to NXT she was welcomed with open arms and got a huge reception. Right now I'm loving her heel work and alliance with Dana Brooks. I think that it's really showing her in a whole knew light and she's doing amazing. Emma has brought so much to NXT and the NXT Women's division and so I had to have her kick start my top five NXT divas of all time.

4) Bayley
At number four in my top five NXT divas of all time is Bayley. Some of you may remember but I wasn't actually a big Bayley fan at the start. It took me a while to connect with her character and believe in her. I didn't see the hype and didn't get why people loved her so much. I was far more interested in Paige, and Sasha Banks, and Charlotte and Bayley just wasn't doing it for me at all. However, when started actually paying more attention to her and watching what she was doing I slowly became a fan of hers. The thing with Bayley is she know's her target audience and she know's exactly how to cater to them. She has such an amazing connection and relationship with her fans and she comes across so so passionate and down to earth. I'm still not the biggest fan of her character but she makes it work and it's something we haven't got around right now and something we haven't seen in a long time so for that I kind of have to like it and it means I don't have a bad thing to say about it. The other thing I love about Bayley is how great she is in the ring. She's one of not many female wrestlers in the WWE that actually genuinely love wrestling and can really wrestle. Since arriving in the WWE she has gotten better and better and better in the ring. They struggled to get her character right at the start but once they have her something different and unique she stood out for all the right reasons. She has had some amazing matches and performances. Her turning point match was when she took on Charlotte for NXT Women's championship at a takeover show. I don't think there could be any Bayley haters after that performance and since that night she has been delivering to a high high standard. Her fans are very very passionate and supportive. She kind of comes across as the female Sami Zayn of the division. She's one of the most popular, loved and talented divas in NXT history.

3) Charlotte
Up next is one of my personal favourite NXT divas of all time, Charlotte. I remember watching Charlotte when she first started out in WWE and reading that not many people were a fan of hers. Weather if it was because of her image, or how she came across, her finisher, people just didn't seem to really like her but I did. No I wasn't a big fan of her finisher and I didn't like how she was styled at the start but I think Charlotte is the perfect example of an NXT talent who has grown and developed massively since arriving on the scene. She has taken a lot of inspiration from her surrounding's  and has grown so much over the past couple of years. I don't think I ever saw myself becoming such a big fan of hers despite already liking her from the start. I wasn't all that sure on her alliance with the BFF's alongside Sasha Banks and Summer Rae but it was something that really did end up working was an original idea for the NXT women's division. It also became something that could be made into a story and brought into new work in years to come so I ended up liking that too. When Charlotte did eventually split from the BFF's she really began to shine and it was clear that the turning point in her career was when she went one on one against Natalya for the NXT women's championship. The standard for this match was extremely high and these girls just brought it to a whole new level. They showed us something that we hadn't seen from NXT before and from the female talent of the WWE. At the time this became one of the greatest if not the greatest divas match in WWE history. Charlotte had a phenomenal performance. It was the night she became a star and the show that kick started her career to a whole new level. I have already spoken a lot about this match and so I will link my top five NXT divas matches of all time blog post bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. Charlotte had a great title reign. She was a true fighting champion and was a big big part of making history in the WWE and NXT. She put on some of the best matches in NXT history and some of the greatest female pro wrestling matches of all time. She was a key figure in changing the way women come across in wrestling and in the WWE. Her feud with Sasha Banks was one of the best NXT feuds in NXT history and to this day they both continue to dominate the division. Charlotte has brought so much to NXT and the women's division and has been such a big big part of making history. There was no doubt that she had to be in my top five NXT Divas of all time.

2) Paige
Coming in at number two and just missing out on the number one spot is Paige. It honestly took me a very very long time to decide whether to put Paige at number two or number one but when I really thought about and after I took some notes I decided that putting her at number to seemed like the best place so I stuck with that. There is no doubt about it, Paige is the most successful NXT diva of all time. No one can doubt that or challenge that. She was the first NXT diva to really make it and change the game. She set the bar and got the ball rolling for the women of NXT. Going all the way back to FCW, she took everyone's eye and grabbed a lot of attention. She was something different and if there is anything wrestling fans and WWE fans in particular love it's something different. There was no one like Paige in all of the WWE and she stood out for all the right reasons. The fans took an instant liking to her. She brought a darker image. She wasn't the model like diva that we are so used to. She came with a different purpose, a different goal and came across so well. She was clearly very very marketable and there was no hiding that she was a company favourite that was going to have an amazingly successful career and she really has done. From the moment she arrived in NXT she took control and became the face of the division. Her one on one match with Emma to crown the first ever NXT Women's champion was one of the best NXT divas matches of all time and like I have already said, these two put on so many other great matches throughout their time in NXT and had one of the greatest feuds in the NXT Women's division. She became the first ever NXT women's champion and correct me if I'm wrong but I think she's still the longest reigning champion as well. She was the first NXT diva to get her own merch. She became the most popular diva in NXT history and generated a massive following. She then went up to the main roster and the night after Wrestlemania and became the first NXT diva to become a divas champion and the first and only diva to be both divas champion and NXT women's champion at the same time. She created the NXT divas division and was a big big big part of history. Paige is by far on of the greats NXT divas of all time.

1) Sasha Banks
And finally, coming in at number and taking the crown for the greatest NXT diva of all time is Sasha Banks. Like I just said, I really struggled with deciding who was going to be at number one in this blog post. It was so so hard to decide and both divas are all time favourites of mine. So I took some notes and looked back at what both girls have brought to NXT and I had to go with Sasha Banks. Right at the start of her career in the WWE I remember reading so much Banks hate and it used to drive me insane. I hated reading comments saying that she was the next Cameron and would just be another pretty face with no talent. It used to make me so made because I had seen her work before the WWE I knew she was an amazing wrestler. But now, I get to laugh at the people who said those things and get to imagine how amazingly stupid they must feel right now.  I actually thought Sasha showed a lot when she got started with NXT. If we got back to one of her earliest matches when she took on Paige (if you haven't seen this match I'm sure you will still be able to find it on YouTube). I thought this was a great match and I really really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great way to turn her heel and her all round performance was amazing. Talking of heel. Sasha Banks has in my opinion
First NXT Women's champion Paige
become one of the best female heels in the WWE and is easily the greats diva heel in NXT history. She's so comfortable playing the bad guy and she does it so perfectly and so naturally. She comes across very convincing as a heel making her so so entertaining. It's so easy to have an opinion of her. Whether if you like her or not you have something to say about her and you cannot deny that she is a great wrestler. Since she arrived in NXT Sasha Banks has just gotten better and better and better. Just like Charlotte, she has found what suits her and what works and has made it work expectationally well. She too has changes the way the fans view her and has become one of the best of the best. Her tuning point match was her one on one against Charlotte for the NXT championship. Their feud has just been amazing and is probable the greats diva rivalry of this generation not just NXT history. Sasha has put on some of the best matches in all of the WWE and has changed the way women are seen in the WWE. She is by far the best in ring talent that the WWE have in it's women's division. She has been apart of making history from the get go and has brought out the very best in the women she has stepped in the ring with, whether it be Charlotte, Alexa Bliss or Becky Lynch. She was apart of the best divas faction of this generation. She has been a true fighting champion and has grown massively. She divides opinions and get's everyone talking. Like her or not she is in my opinion the greatest NXT diva of all time.

Comments

Popular Posts