Summer Slam Predictions: Randy Orton VS Sheamus

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday live on the WWE Network and Cable TV Randy Orton will go one on one yet again against Mr money in the bank, Sheamus at the two thousand and fifteen Summer Slam pay per view. These two superstars have been at it for months now and at one of the biggest events of the year we will see the two of them collide once again as they do battle at Summer Slam. It's been a busy month for both superstars and in today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back through what the two of them have been up to over the past month and then making my final bold predictions for their match up. With so much to get into, let's waste no more time and jump right into today's blog post.

Before we get started here is what I wrote in my battleground Review and Reactions post about the first Randy Orton VS Sheamus match of the storyline.
"The first match of the night saw Mr money in the bank, Sheamus go one on one with the home town boy, Randy Orton. I mentioned in my prediction post, witch will be linked bellow, that I wasn't all that happy with the build up the match. There was a decent story but there wasn't a big storyline or big build up and because of that I wasn't as excited for this match as I wish I was or as I was for some of the other matches on the card. I haven't stopped saying however, that because of their chemistry and their history it was okay to still expect a lot from both of these superstars. They are more than capable of putting on a great match it just lacked story to it witch was a real shame. I was backing Sheamus for this one by far. I felt as though he needed the momentum to continue and he needed to stay on a high. I think Orton would have been able to bounce back from a loss better but if the WWE intended on having this feud last up until Summer Slam then it would have been okay for Sheamus to loose this one or have it end in DQ. So I did have some interest in this just not as much as I would have liked. The one thing Sheamus did bring very very early on in this match was character. He does make a great heel and he is working this new character perfectly. We saw him get under the skin of both thee WWE universe (live crowd) and Orton right at the start of the match and we saw that continue throughout this match. The typical, slow the pace of the match, wear the opponent down method from Sheamus took early control last night. As soon as Orton started to take control Mr money in the bank would opt to taking a breather outside of the ring, witch eventually would work against him when Orton sent him right into the barricade. Of course the crowd were one hundred percent behind Orton. There was no hiding the fact that the twelve time champion was in he's home town. The crowd were electric throughout this match. Despite being in he's home town, Orton struggled to get any offence in the first part of this match as it was dominated by Sheamus. I think what was so great about this opening match was that Sheamus and Orton know each other so well. They do have so much history and so there were some great counters and moments in this match you wouldn't get from a match were the two superstars were not as familiar with each other. I really really got into this match. It was very very physical. Great showcase of strength from both superstars but there was a great feel to it. Great way to kick start the night. The match was much much better than I thought it was going to be. The only way it could have been any better is if Sheamus won, because I was backing him but it was a great night and I don't think Sheamus will suffer from the loss at all."

Here is what I wrote about Sheamus in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
"At number twelve this month is Mr Money In The Bank, Sheamus. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Sheamus was at number twelve in my top fifteen superstars of the month last month. There's some kind of pattern here. I am the worlds biggest Sheamus fan and so I have been pretty happy with what we have seen from him this month. I'm going to be saying this phrase a lot in this blog but I was really happy with the booking for Sheamus throughout July. He could have had a stronger month, I'll admit that I'm still a happy little Sheamus fan. Throughout July we saw Sheamus continue to feud with Randy Orton with the two eventually going one on one at the Battleground pay per view. The build up wasn't great if I'm being honest. I moaned about this quiet a bit in my prediction post so  won't go over that again. On the sixth of July Sheamus went one on one with Roman Reigns in a fairly decent match. It wasn't as good as their previous one but it was well done and I liked how it ended. The following week he teamed up with the Big Show to take on Randy Orton and Ryback in what was another pretty decent match where Sheamus spent a great deal of time competing and looking dominate and strong. He's match of the month was hands down he's one on one against Randy Orton at Battleground. The two opened the show and put on an amazing match. It was actually one of my favourite matches of the month. Talking of top matches of the month he also had a great match against Dean Ambrose on Smackdown a couple of weeks back. Throughout July Sheamus has been one of my favourite characters. He's had some strong matches and he's character development has been great, working as one of the top heels on the roster."

The past month has been pretty up and down for Sheamus to be honest. He's had some good moments and some really bad moments. You would have seen that last month I was really disappointed with how the WWE were booking Sheamus. I felt as though it was decent but not strong enough. It didn't feel as though he was getting the bookings a future WWE World Heavyweight Champion should be getting.  I do think that at Battleground they had a great match. It was much much better than I was expecting and I really did enjoy it much more than I was expecting to. Over the past month we have seen he's booking improve quite a bit. He's been competing in stronger matches and we have actually seen him in the main event a couple of times witch is great. I've actually had a couple of he's matches in my top twenty of the month last month witch has been pretty refreshing. He's been one of my favourite characters and heels of the past month and I think he's been much more interesting and entertaining to watch this past month witch I have really been happy about. I really liked the idea of him trying to cash in a couple of weeks back. It reminded everyone to watch out for him and to remember that he is Mr Money in the bank and he is not holding back when it comes to cashing in. I honestly think that this is going to be a big weekend for Sheamus and he is someone we all need to be watching. When it comes to he's match with Orton I'm once again expecting quite a bit. They put on such a great match last month at Battleground that I'm expecting the same again this weekend. I doubt they will have as long as they did before. It might be a four hour show but there's ten matches on the card so I doubt it's going to be as long as their first one. However, we know that these guys can give us an awesome match, they have so much chemistry and so much history that we know that we can expect a good quality match. I one hundred and ten percent think that Sheamus needs the win more. He lost to Orton last month and he's picked up a couple of losses over the past month that he maybe shouldn't have so this weekend he really needs this win over Orton. Like I said, I think this is going to be a huge night for Sheamus. I'm expecting a great match against Orton and a big much needed victory and I really am convinced that he will be cashing in this Sunday as well. I speak more about this in my other prediction post so watch out for that coming up later today as well.

As for Orton, he's actually had a really really strong month. It of course started out with the amazing match back at Battleground against Sheamus were he picked up a pretty big victory. You guys know how much I loved that Battleground match and ever since then he has continued to be booked really strong. We've seen him compete in some really great matches including a very entertaining WWE World Heavyweight Championship match and an amazing triple threat match on the same night. I've been so so impressed with what we have seen from Orton recently and its been great actually seeing the WWE book a superstar really well. He's been in need of a really strong month and we have finally seen him have that. Orton has looked really good throughout the build up to Summer Slam and he is heading into the pay per view with bags of momentum but I doubt very much that he will be picking up the victory. I think this weekend is going to be much much more about Sheamus. Orton doesn't need the win half as much as Sheamus does but I know for a fact he will have an amazing night. He's bound to have a really strong performance and all right night but I don't think he will be getting the
win on Sunday. He doesn't really need it and it wouldn't really make much sense for him to get the victory with how the storyline/feud has been.

I do think this is a pretty predicable match up. I'm certain that Sheamus will pick up the victory this weekend and will have a really strong night all round. He's definitely one to pay close attention too throughout the night. I hope that they get a decent amount of time in the ring but I'm sure that regardless of how much time they get, this is going to be a very physical and entertaining match up. Let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other on the card by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts