Summer Slam Predictions: Team Bella VS Team Bad VS Team PCB

Triple Threat Team Elimination Match 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday the divas revulsion is set to hit Summer Slam as all nine divas compete in a triple threat team elimination match. I cannot wait for this match up and it's the first time in a long time that I have been excited for a divas pay per view match. It's the first time I have allowed myself and been able to get my hopes up and expect a great match. In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you back though everything that has happened over the past month or so, recapping what all the divas have been up to and then making my final bold predictions. I warn you, this is going to be a long blog post so brace yourself and lets waste no more time and jump right into things. 


Here is what I wrote about Sasha Banks in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
Taking this month's number two spot and just about missing out on being my superstar of the week is WWE diva, Sasha Banks. I said it in my intro that I found it really really difficult to decide between a diva and a former champion who was going to be my superstar of the month but there were a couple of little things that made me finally make my mind up and come to a final decision. To be fair, I didn't make my mind up until the very last minuet and I haven't stopped changing my mind. Anyway, at number two this month is Sasha Banks. I have mentioned it so many times in this blog post already but this month saw the diva revolution and give divas a chance movement really kick start and make an impact in the WWE. The divas division has been at an all time high and for the first time in a long time everyone excited and interested in the division. Sasha Banks has been one of the leading faces in pushing the revolution and getting everyone excited for the change. Every single week I had her noted as my stand out of the week and for every show she was on she was a stand out too. Let's go right back to the start of the month. On the first of July we saw Sasha Banks involved in a backstage segment with Dana Brookes and Emma where the two challenged Sasha to a tag team match the flowing week. Throughout this entire little segment Sasha held her own despite the numbers being against her and she spoke like a true champion and like a true boss. The flowing week Sasha teamed up with former partner and long time rival, Charlotte to take on Emma and Dana Brookes. Before the match began Sasha was in the ring by herself defending herself perfectly and gave both Emma a does of what it's like to be put in your place by the boss. Prepared to fight both girls on her own Banks was getting ready until Charlotte came down to the ring to team up. Both Sasha and Charlotte where dominate throughout the match and Sasha fought like a true champion picking up the victory for her and Charlotte. A week later Sasha defended her NXT Women's championship in an epic main event against Charlotte. It was one of my favourite matches of the month. Both divas put on a great main event and Sasha had one of her best performances to date. In the end she left still the NXT Women's Champion. We then of course had the start of the diva revolution. Going back to the thirteen of July, we saw the NXT divas arrive on the WWE main roster and Sasha Banks was one of those divas. Receiving one of the biggest pops of the segment Sasha officially arrived on the WWE main roster joining Naomi and Tamina to create Team Bad. On her debut night she was a top stand out and spent a great deal of time trending on twitter. On the same week we saw her in various Backstage interviews on WWE.com and Smackdown. In all the interviews she took control of them and even though Naomi is supposed to be the leader, Sasha is a natural born leader and she takes control. At Battleground Sasha had her first WWE Pay Per View match when she competed in a triple threat against Brie Bella and  Charlotte. She was a little shaky at times but that was clearly because she was nervous. However, she carried on fighting and was once again the stand out of the match. This month she also got two time divas champion Paige to tap out during tag team action and had an amazing
performance on Smackdown last week. To close the month she defeated Paige in an awesome one on one match by making her tap out again. Sasha Banks has had a phenomenal past month.She has been competing like a true champion and has been dominating the main roster. She has made a great transition and I can only predict an even bigger August for the Boss.

If we look at Team Bad as a whole they on paper look like the perfect team. There is such a great diverse mixture of styles and talent within the team and they even look bad ass! They all bring something completely different and that is what makes such a great team. Sasha brings a level of skill and ability that I haven't seen any diva bring, Tamina is of course the muscle and the strength, and then Naomi brings this insane level of athleticism as she remains one of the most athletic divas in WWE history. Together they put together a great team and I have been surprised with just how well they have worked together.The diva that has competed the most out of the three divas in the team is of course Sasha Banks. The WWE have made it clear that they are really interested in her and see something special in her and so does the WWE universe. The night she debuted she got great reaction from the crowd and in every single match she has competed in she has received some kind of reaction whether if it is good or bad, people have something to say about Sasha Banks and that is what makes a great diva. She brings the character and excitement to the revolution and the team. I think she's the biggest character of the nine divas and she has more than proven to be the best heel of the group. Not to mention that she is one phenomenal wrestler. I will be honest, I seriously believe that Sasha Banks is the most talents in ring competitor in the division today. She has got a super busy weekend this week. Not only is she competing at the second biggest pay per view of the year but she will also be defending the NXT Women's Championship against Bayley at the biggest NXT Takeover event to date. There is going to be no escaping the boss this weekend and she is going to be centre of attention all week long. I strongly believe that she will have a great performance on Sunday and I think she will be the last renaming member of her team. I think she is going to be one of the biggest stand outs of the night and of the match and we will all be talking about her by the end of the night. I say to keep a very very close eye on her. She has great chemistry and works amazingly well with Paige, Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, Brie Bella, and of course Charlotte. The history she has with all the NXT divas

will be a strong point of this match and will just make it even better. Naomi has had a pretty good month too. Maybe not as strong as Banks but she has been given a couple of decent matches but I do think that there is so much more left to see of her. She is such a phenomenal wrestler and athlete and you just know that she could wow everyone if she was given a fifteen minuet  match. You give her five minutes and we're left impressed. I do believe that she is one of the underdogs in the match. I'm hopeing we get to see a lot of her and Charlotte in the ring at the same time because those two could deliver magic! Naomi has a great history and amazing chemistry with Paige and Nikki Bella so we know that they will work well together too. I think Naomi will have a great night this weekend and I'm hoping that she gets a fair amount of time to showcase her skills. Then we have Tamina. I have said it so many times here on my blog and over on twitter that the WWE have really failed Tamina in this whole divas revolution. It doesn't feel like she has any place in this match/revolution at all. I love that she is apart of Team Bad and I think he is such a key part of the team but they haven't had her do enough what so ever and it's so disappointing. She's such a dominate diva that has so much to show but never gets the time too and such a shame. She hasn't been booked strong at all and we have hardly seen her compete and it drives me mad because she is so worthy of the spotlight. I'm hopeing that this weekend we get to see more of her and she makes a mark.This women could play a huge role in the match and I hope she does. I'm one hundred pre cent backing team bad this weekend even though I doubt they will get the win. It would be great if Banks was the one to eliminate team Bella but I'm certain that it will be team PCB that will have the strongest night.

Here is what I wrote about Brie and Nikki Bella in my top fifteen superstars of the month:
Kick starting the final top five this month is another WWE diva as up next is Brie Bella making her way in at number five in this month's top fifteen superstars of the month. Trust me when I say I'm just as surprised to see Brie Bella this high in my top fifteen but she really does one hundred per cent deserve the place. You would have seen last month that I put both the Bella twins in the top fifteen and they were a little lower in the list but this month it's been Brie that has stood out more than Nikki and I had to have her kick start the top five of this month. If we go back to the start of the month before  the diva revolution started Brie was already on a high. With Nikki going over to Japan to compete for Beast in the East, Brie took some of the spotlight for a while when she competed on Smackdown taking on Naomi in one on one action. I did enjoy this match a lot actually. It wasn't a long one but both girls made the time they had work and you could tell they were making the best of every single second they had in the ring. Brie for me really did stand out. She worked the crowd well, she brought a great deal of character to the match and her wrestling was impressive. A couple of day later on Monday night RAW she stood out once again when she went one on one with two time divas champion Paige. Once again they didn't have the longest match in the world but for the time they had they put on a decent match and Brie really held her own and brought so much to the match, good wrestling, good amount of character, and she told a good story. Less than a week into the month and she was standing out for all the right reasons. A week later and of course we saw the start of the diva revolution and it was from here that Brie Bella really started to shine. With tougher competition, longer matches and better booking decisions Brie saw her opportunity and she took it. Out of every other diva that was already on the main roster I was most impressed with Brie Bella when the revolution stated. At the Battleground pay per view she competed in a triple threat match against Sasha Banks and Charlotte. Now, Banks and Charlotte are two of the greatest female wrestlers to ever step foot in the WWE and so Brie was under a lot of pressure but she held her own and showed us some things I have never ever seen her do before. I was genuinely so surprised by the things she pulled out the bag. She took some pretty harsh bumps/falls and competed to an extremely high level. The night after she competed in yet another great match against Charlotte despite not coming up on top and on Smackdown she teamed up with Nikki to take on Sasha Banks and Naomi in one of my favourite diva matches of the month. She spent the most amount of time in the ring in the match and had another good showing. I do think that Brie Bella is taking the most advantage of the diva revolution and has been shining the most. She has had some amazing performances and even if your not a Bella fan you have to be impressed with her.

Kick starting this months top fifteen superstars of the month is the current WWE Divas Champion, Nikki Bella. I struggled to decide on a number fifteen spot and whether or not to put Nikki Bella in the July list but I looked back at everything that had happened this month and it seemed to make perfect sense to have her kick start the top fifteen this month. So, Nikki has gone another whole month as the Divas champion and has defended the title once. Right at the start of the month Nikki competed in a triple threat match against Tamina and Paige at Beast in the East defending her championship in Japan. It was actually a fairly decent match and Nikki looked great throughout the entirety of it. She had a great title defence and left Japan still the divas champion after pinning Tamina. On Monday night RAW she sent a huge statement to the divas division letting everyone know that Team Bella was in control of the division. However, a week later everything changed as the Diva revolution kick started. Before Sasha Banks, Charlotte, and Becky Lynch made their appearance Nikki cut what was actually a pretty decent promo. It was a great example of how far she has come with her mic work and I know there is a lot of Nikki Bella haters in the world but I liked it. She did't compete for a while after that but she had a great showing on Smackdown a couple of weeks ago in tag team action and picked up a much needed win over Naomi. She may not have defended her championship or wrestled that much this month but when she has done she been on point and has been a great stand out. I do think August is going to be an interesting month for Nikki Bella.

The Bella twins actually have had a strong past month. Of course the WWE have been centring a lot of their attention on the NXT divas that have come up but I really do think that out of all the "original" divas if that is what you want to call them, Brie and Nikki have taken the most advantage of the divas revolution. Brie in particular has really stood out for me over the past four weeks. She has really took advantage of the longer matches and has shown us that she is actually pretty good in the ring and I have been impressed. I have been disappointed with the fact that I don't think Nikki has been booked strong enough. As the divas champion she should be dominating and really standing out even though the point of the revolution is to prove that there are plenty of other divas worthy of the spotlight but I really would like to have seen her actually be booked like a champion. I would have liked to have seen her cut some promos, do some more backstage interviews, something that actually made her look like a champion. When she has been in the ring I will give it to her, she's looked really strong and has fought like a champion but she hasn't been one of the top divas I have been impressed with at all. I will also say that she has said some great comments about the new divas. I do think that her title Reign is coming to an end so I would love it if this Sunday she has a stand out performance.Then we have Alicia Fox and just like with Tamina we haven't seen enough of her at all. I know that she did suffer with a concussion but it would have been nice if he actually had a role and felt relevant. Throughout the past month it has just felt like she is filling a space and keeping up the numbers. She is such a great, underrated wrestler and  I hope that she gets enough time to impress us and have her moment. She's been with the WWE for so long and it's a shame that she's never had a stand out moment. I don't know if I have mentioned it before but if Eva Marie was much much better in the ring it would have made perfect sense for her to be in team Bella instead of Fox.

Here is what I wrote about Charlotte in last months top fifteen superstars of the month:
At number seven this month is another diva and this time its former NXT Women's champion, Charlotte. July was the month that the WWE Divas division arrived and the Divas Revolution really kick started and Charlotte was one of the top faces in the divas division this month. Throughout July Charlotte was a hot topic and was a stand out on every single show she was on. Going back to the start of the month we saw her team up with former partner and long term rival, current NXT Women's champion Sasha Banks to take Emma and new rival Dana Brookes. Competing a decent tag team match Charlotte took us back to the BFF days and showed us all she was still in charge of the NXT Women's division. The following week, after teaming with Banks she had been given a NXT Women's championship match against Sasha and as the two main evented the show they put on my favourite divas match of the entire month. Charlotte was on fire throughout, dominating and showing a great amount of speed and strength. I had loads to say about this match in my top twenty of the month so go and give that a read to see what I thought of it there. On the thirteenth of July we saw the Diva revolution start and Charlotte arrived on RAW to join Team Paige in the revolution. On her arrival night she got the biggest pop and had everyone talking about her. At the Battleground pay per view she competed in an amazing triple threat against Banks and Brie Bella. She was the stand of the entire match and picked up the win at the end of it. The following night on RAW she defeated former divas champion Brie Bella making her tap out two nights in row. There was no denying the fact that Charlotte has to be in this months top fifteen and I predict and even bigger August for her.

Charlotte, Paige, and Becky Lynch have been the team we have all been watching throughout the revolution and the most popular winners for the match this Sunday. It's the perfect NXT divas team and it's the perfect team to show diversity within the division. They all challenge the WWE diva stereotype and look completely different to any other diva on the roster right now. They bring something so different I love that. They do make a really strong team and have great chemistry. Now, I'm a fan of every single one of these divas but I will be the first to say that they are al extremely week on on the mic. I love Paige, but every time she speaks I just cringe a little. Talking of Paige she hasn't impressed me as much as I thought she would. She's yet to sell the bank statement and has been messy in a couple of her matches witch is such a shame because I thought she would be the one to really take advantage of the revolution and show us all what she showed us back when she was in NXT. Charlotte on the other hand has been on fire. She's been the most consistent, strong, and impressive diva on her team. It's obvious that the WWE are pushing her as the next divas champion and within the next month she will defiantly have that title around her waste. I'm certain that she will be the last standing PCB member and will have an amazing night. It's going to be great seeing her and Sasha work together. They have such a great history and so much chemistry, everyone wants to see these two collide and we defiantly will this weekend. Becky Lynch is the one to watch on Sunday. We haven't seen as much of her as I would of liked too but she's going into this match the underdog and I cannot wait to see what she pulls out of the bag. I'm hopeing we see a great deal of her in the match and she really gets to shine and finally have her big stand out moment on the main roster. I think she will be surprising a lot of us and what I'm hopeing is we see loads of action between her and Banks.

I think we are all defiantly in for a real treat with this match up. Since the divas revolution started we have had some outstanding matches from all the girls and the build up for the big Summer Slam elimination match has been so strong. Alicia Fox and Tamina are under the most pressure to actually stand out and do something. I think that is where the WWE went wrong. I one hundred and ten percent believe that this match should have been a traditional elimination match and it's a shame that it' not but I'm still looking forward to the match.They both haven't really had a role or place in their teams and this Sunday that needs to change. I really want to see both girls have enough time in the ring to impress me and stand out. I think Tamina will find that more difficult than Alicia. I'm predicting that Foxy is going to be the first one eliminated. She's the one I keep forgetting is even in the match and hasn't really done anything. Tamina will be out next. Even though I hate to say this, I'm predicting Becky Lynch to be the first out for her team. I love love love this girl and I keeping everything crossed that she has a great night. I one hundred percent believe that she is the underdog and will be the one that surprises us all. I think all of PCB will have a great night. They all bring something different to their team and the match and I think they are all going to be stand outs of the match, with Charlotte being the biggest stand out. I personally am backing team bad. I think they really have been strong throughout the build up and they are going into this match as the underdog team and I really want them to do well. There's no doubt that Sasha is going to be stand out for her team and possibly the entire match. I'm hoping Naomi has a great night too because she really deserves the spotlight, she's waited a long time for it. Nikki Bella is under the most amount of pressure. She's the divas champion and needs to stand out and impress everyone but I have a feeling Brie is going to over shadow here again. The most obvious winner of this match is team PCB. They have had the strongest build up and are the most likely winners. If the do win it will one hundred percent be down to Charlotte. She's getting the biggest push right now and if they want her to go on to become the divas champions eh
will be the one to win the match and most importantly get Nikki Bella out of it, even though because of the story I would prefer Paige to pin Nikki or at least one Bella twin. There's no way that Team Bella will be walking away with a victory and to prove a point Alicia is likely to be eliminated very early into the match. I don't think Sasha will suffer from a loss in this match at all. She bounces back fine and she will do amazingly well regardless and will probably the last standing women on her team. I'm hopeing the match is at least fifteen minuets long, that way we can really get an amazing match and a good showing from all the girls The entire WWE universe is expecting a heck of a lot from this match and the WWE cannot disappoint and prove that there really is a change happening in the divas division. I'd love it if team bad did get the win but I'm going with team PCB on this one for the obvious reasons. Hopefully Nikki does manage to still have a performance like a champion would. The divas division has come so so far over the past month. The NXT divas really have changed the game and I think it really does show just how much NXT is making an impact and changing the game.The fans have been so into the matches and they have all got such strong reactions and this match should go down as one of the greatest women's matches on the WWE main roster ever.

Let me know what you predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts