Summer Slam Predictions: Ryback VS The Miz VS Big Show

Intercontinental Championship Match
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Sunday will see the second biggest pay per view in the WWE, Summer Slam and we have one heck of a card for the show. Summer Slam is my favourite pay per view of the year. I always enjoy the show and it's a bonus that it's in my birthday month! I am really really looking forward to the show and I cannot wait to get writing all the blog posts for the up and coming weeks. Now, this week is the official Summer Slam prediction week here on my blog, witch means throughout the week I will be uploading all my predictions for every single match on the Summer Slam card. This week will also be the last week of NXT month and will also see the rest of my NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions also be uploaded. You would have seen that they have already started going up. Because there were two shows one day after the other it was going to be too hard to put them all up in the same week so I started to upload them during the earlier days of August. I have really enjoyed doing NXT month on my blog again and I'm so glad that you have all enjoyed it. I would one hundred percent be down for doing it again next year so if that is something you would like to see again then do let me know. The last post inn the series will be my NXT Takeover Brooklyn Review and Reactions post witch will be up on Saturday. On Monday I will have my Summer Slam Review and Reactions as well as my RAW predictions, so everything will go back to normal. I want to remind you that these prediction post over the next week are all pre posted so there may be some things that are a little dated but I would have tried to have add and change some things over the weeks before it goes up. I will as usual link any recent blog post at the end of the post, including any recent Review and Reactions posts and my NXT Takeover Brooklyn prediction posts. And finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for Summer Slam and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, live on the WWE Network and Cable TV, Ryback will defend he's Intercontinental Championship in a triple threat match against the Big Show and The Miz. This match was suppose to take place at Battleground but of course after Ryback was forced to take time out of action the match was pushed back to Summer Slam. I'm going to insert what I wrote in my Battleground predictions because my opinions are pretty much all still the same. Towards the end of the blog post I will make my last bold predictions. Lets waste no more and just jump right into everything!

I'm first going to be taking a look at the Miz. I haven't really spoken all that much about Miz since I started my blog just because I have never really had a reason to talk about him. I think the most he has been spoken about here on my blog was during he's work with Damien Sandow. I've never been the worlds biggest fan of the Miz but he's always always been someone I enjoy watching. He's a natural talent and he's mic work always amazes me. I think it's such a shame that the WWE dropped the ball with him because he is a really talented superstar but for some reason since he's big run there's been nothing for him and he hasn't kept that momentum going what so ever. I honestly have no idea why Miz is in this feud. He has no place in it and the feud would of been perfectly fine with just Ryback and Big Show. I'm not really sure on the role he is playing this weekend but I do think he is the under dog. A lot of people seem to forget just how a talented of a wrestler Miz is so let's not rule him out completely. There's defiantly more tension between him and the big show rather than him and Ryback so I do think we will see some early work between those two. The start of the match will probably see Ryback or Show get Miz out of the way so that they can dominate the early stages of the match but we have to remember to keep our eyes on Miz. We can't forget that he is a real sneaky competitor and he could literally come into the match at any time and pick up a sneaky victory. To be honest, I don't want to see Ryback drop the title just yet. I did say that I felt as though Ryback isn't brining much to the championship and the championship isn't brining much to Ryback but I do think he can turn it around and so having him drop the title to the Miz in particular this weekend wouldn't sit well with me. I do think Miz will surprise us a little this Sunday. Like I said, he's a great wrestler but he needs to show us the side to him we haven't seen since he's big championship reign. He needs to make he's role in the match known and prove himself to be a threat to Ryback, the Big Show, and the Intercontinental championship.

The month of June was actually a really good month for the Big Show. I featured him in my top fifteen superstars of the month blog post a couple of weeks back and that will be linked bellow so you can go and check the full list out if you want to or haven't already done so. For once I have actually been able to write good things about the Big Show. I honestly don't think I have been able to do that before last month. It's about time that the WWE found something that allowed him to shine a little and something that we could see actually working for him. Last month he came across extremely dominate and appeared to be a legit serious threat to Ryback and he's Intercontinental championship. There was also some great work between him and the Miz witch was what really brought the three way feud together. I was really impressed with he's work. I would I like to have seen him compete more in the ring against a variety of superstars in the build up to Battleground but for what we got I was very impressed. I'm going to insert soon what I wrote in my Money in the bank predictions for Show because my opinions are still pretty much the same. I do think that the Big Show could walk away with the victory this weekend and I would actually really like that. I think he has a lot to bring tot he championship and the timing would be great. He's been dominate throughout the build up, picking up so much momentum. Storyline wise there is so much the WWE could do with Show as the champion and I think he does deserve one last big, dominate title reign.
Here is what I wrote in my money in the bank prediction post for the big Show:
"It's no secret that the Big Show has been struggling a heck of a lot over the past couple of years. He's managed to get into some decent feuds and storyline's but it's been a while since he truly stole the spotlight. With younger, new talent such as Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins and plenty more taking the spotlight and being the centre of attention guy's like the Big Show have really struggled. He was able to get back into the spotlight late last year back at the Survivor Series pay per view when he originally was competing for team Cena but turnt on him mid way through the match up. I''ll be honest, because I was so into the match I wasn't expecting the heel turn on the night at all but if they were going to turn anyone on the night I think we all would of predicted it would of been Show. The amount of times the WWE turn him in a year is just ridiculous, personally I think he has had he's great moments as both a heel and a baby face but it's gotten to the point in he's career where on both occasions it's just not working and he's just all round predicable. I did enjoy he's work right at the end of last year when he was feuding with Erick Rowan but I thought that was all booked wrong and to this day it still angers me that it was the Big Show who got the push and not  the younger Erick Rowan, but if I start going into all that I won't stop rambling so it's best we don't touch that subject any further. He's work with the Authority made sense and he was a nice touch to the group even though I didn't feel like there was a need for both him and Kane to have a role but it worked for a couple of months in my opinion. That leaves us up to now and even though I'm not a fan of this feud it does make sense and it will really help Ryback as IC champion. There's no chance in hell that the Big Show is capturing the IC title this weekend. He's role at Money in the bank is to put Ryback over and make him look strong throughout. Now, the big show might have become a stale boring character but he has done a lot in he's career and he has really helped kick start and push the careers of a lot of young up and coming talent (not including Erick Rowan of course). I'm not expecting a lot from this match at all. It's likely to be one of the shortest of the night and I don't think that these superstars and their in ring style is going to benefit the other in the slightest. Show will do a good job in making Ryback look stronger but this won't be a stand out match, not with a card as strong as this one anyway. Is there any chance of the Big Show walking out the winner and with a title around he's waste? You know what, I'm not going to rule it out completely. I think there is a chance he could leave the winner of this match if I'm being honest. It would make sense and I personally would be angry with the move. I think it would be great for a heel to hold the title and bring some heat to it and I think they could go off on a strong story with him as champion but in all honesty I'm gonna say this is Ryback's night."

I've made several comments about Ryback over the past couple of months. I'm defiantly a fan of he's and I do really back him and support him. I think he was more than deserving of winning the IC championship back at Elimination Chamber despite not actually expecting it.Since returning to action late last year Ryback has had an up and down journey. Upon he's return he was pushed massively, being thrown right into the spotlight and the main event picture. He began competing against the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins. He was apart of opening and closing segments for Monday night RAW and at the Survivor Series pay per view he competed for Team Cena taking on the Authority. On the night he didn't have a stand out performance at all and left with no one talking about him for the right reasons. Now, personally I have never been a major an of Ryback but since he came back to action last year that really has changed, particularly over the past four to five months or so. The thing with Ryback is he's a really hard working and he's really passionate about the business and that really shows when he competes and when the camera is on him. Over the past eight months or so he has really connected with the fans on a personal level and I think we all have a new found strong respect for him that we never had before. He's always welcomed with a strong reaction from live crowds and he more than deserves that. He's worked extremely hard to build himself up and better himself and that really has shown. However, there is something missing with Ryback that's stopping him from being the top guy the WWE want him to be. He has a great body, a good connection with the fans and he's not terrible on the mic. He does have personality but there is something missing. He does't have the star quality and charisma of someone like Bray Wyatt or Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose and it's that that's holding him back. He doesn't have the widest of move sets and in my opinion he has never left me speechless and beleiving he should be competing for top championships. But there's something there and I do really want the best for him. When he won the IC title I will admit, I was not expecting it at all. I was convinced that Sheamus was walking away with the championship so it was a huge shock to see Ryback leave the Elimination Chamber with he's first championship. He more than deserved it after spending so long working hard and bettering himself but I was honestly worried that the move would do no good for both him and the actual championship. I do think that Ryback is in for a big weekend. I think the WWE are setting him up for something big and I'm confident he is going to have a couple of huge spots that are going to get us all talking. Will he hold on the title? I'm not sure. In all honesty I don't think that the WWE will have him drop the title just yet but like I said I'm actually backing Show on this one. I still do think Ryback could have a great all round performance but it's going to be interesting seeing the closing moments and how they are done.

Just like what I said in my last prediction post for this match, I'm not really looking forward to the
match up at all. I'll be honest, whilest Ryback was out of action the Big Show and The Miz did a phenomenal job keeping the feud alive, interesting and enough to remind us all that it is still going ahead. I think the Miz does have more of a role in this match than he did lost month but I'm not for the idea of him capturing the title at all.  I'm personally backing the Big Show. I think he could bring so much to the championship and storyline wise there is a great deal they could do with him as the champ. I do still think that this match however is just another to push Ryback and make him look even stronger, if so he needs a really good performance. I was so disappointed with he's money in the bank match. He really needed a better first pay per view championship defence so he needs to up he's game this weekend and the match needs to be much better booked. But that's what I think. Let me know what your predictions are and who you are backing by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

  1. I think Ryback's going to retain the title because his title reign hasn't really been that long and I doubt they'd stop his push now. I'm not really a fan of the Big Show, although he's good enough for what he is, a Giant. The Miz I've always liked, at least on the mic anyway but I don't think giving him the title would be a good decision. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts