NXT Takeover Predictions: Part One

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This Saturday for the first time ever NXT will leave full sail university for an NXT Takeover show and throughout this week leading right up to the live special I will be giving you my full predictions for the show. I'm beyond excited for the next NXT Takeover show, every single one in the past has been of such a high standard and you can always expect the very best and nothing less so I cannot wait to give you all my predictions for the show. This week is going to be a very very busy week because we also have Summer Slam this coming Sunday so my prediction posts will be all over the place. I don't like drowning you with prediction posts but with two big big shows there's pretty much no choice but I know you guy's don't mind a prediction post or too. I want to remind that also that my NXT Takeover predictions are apart of NXT Season/ month and the review and reactions blog post will be the post that will end the series. I hope you guys have enjoyed the season and I cannot wait to do it again next year! My Summer Slam predictions have already started here on my blog and I will link the latest post in the series down bellow at the end of the post so you can check that out and stay all up to date on everything. I really would love to know what season you would like to see next on my blog so let me know by leaving a comment bellow. I will link bellow any recent blog post including the latest in NXT Month and finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for this weekends NXT Takeover show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.
This blog post will be split into to three parts. I will be predicting two matches in the one blog post today. 

This Saturday live on the WWE Network Baron Corbin will face he's toughest challenge yet as he takes on Samoa Joe at NXT Takeover Brooklyn. This is by far Barons biggest match to date. He's under a lot of pressure to deliver and he's got a lot of proving himself to do. But will he be able to come up on top? Will the Lone wolf be able to take down one of the biggest professional wrestlers in the world? Or will Samoa Joe prove that he is the true unstoppable force in NXT? Well, in today''s blog post I'm going to be taking you back through what both superstars have been up to over the past month and making my final bold predictions for their first one on one match set to take place this weekend.

Let's first take a look at Baron Corbin. I have written tones of posts on Corbin so some of the stuff I have to say in today's blog post may sound a little repetitive. I will link bellow so of the blog post I have done on Corbin in the past so you can go and check them out if you haven't already done so. This Saturday Baron will face he's toughest challenge yet when he takes on Samoa Joe. One of the most talented, experienced, popular wrestlers in the world. The two of them have been feuding for a couple of weeks now and so the match makes perfect sense. I will be honest, I didn't see this feud coming what so ever. We spent a lot of time seeing Samoa Joe work with the likes of Kevin Owens and Rhyno. But after Owens dropped the title to Balor and moved up to the main roster it made sense for him to move onto something big but I didn't see the feud with Corbin coming what so ever. I think it's clear that Baron is under a lot of pressure this weekend. A feud with Samoa Joe is perfect for him. It's exactly what he needs and exactly what I have been waiting for. For almost a year now he has been competing in squash matches and I can literally count on hand how many actual, full length matches he has had and to be honest even those matches haven't been great. They remained short, predicable and pretty boring to be honest. Now, I'm a huge fan of Barons, that's no secret but he's booking has been terrible. He has everything it takes to be a top star in the WWE. He's young, good looking, has a great different image, he's a big guy, and has the basic skills but he does need some improvements and the bookings need to be improved a lot. NXT is the place to grow. We seem to forget that's it's a developmental territory because it has grown into it's own brand and the standard is so high we always seem to call out the superstars and divas like Baron Corbin and Dana Brookes who do still need to improve and need work done but there is nothing wrong with needing improvements what so ever because NXT is the place. There some areas Baron needs work on more than others. He has great presence. He's got a great character and he knows how to work that character. However, we need better mic work and we need more charisma. The WWE and NXT universe always quick to let a superstar know when they lack charisma and mic ability so he really does need to start working on that. When it comes to wrestling ability it's hard to judge because even though he debuted a year ago we haven't seen that much from him because he's competed in ten second matches. He does have great power and strength  but we need to see more. Samoa Joe is the perfect person to put Corbin over and push him to he's limits and force him to show us more. Joe is not just strength and power he has a great technical ability too so he's going to really push Baron and that will allow him to show us so much more. I am one hundred percent backing Corbin this weekend. I think he needs the win more than Joe does but it's going to be he's going to have to make it an impressive win. A five minuet match won't cut it at all this weekend. He needs to show us stuff we have never seen from him before. I really am backing him. He needs to prove everyone wrong and give it he's all. He needs to prove he is worth the hype. The fact that the WWE have had him feud with Rhyno and Samoa Joe in he's debut year is a pretty big deal and it shows they really believe in him and see something special, now he needs to proving he is worth it and why they are so high on him.

As for Samoa Joe he hasn't been in NXT very long. It was at the last NXT Takeover show that he made he's epic debut and the memory of me marking out like a one direction fan that had Harry Styles knock at their door is still fresh in my head. For the first thew months we saw him feud with Kevin Owens and I was convinced that Owens would be dropping the title to Joe eventually so I was pretty surprised to see him drop it t Balor at Best in the east but I ain't complaining. We have also seen him do some work with Rhyno too. I think the feud with Baron was a great idea. There's so much that Joe has to offer and helping push and kick start the careers of the younger superstars like Baron is a great idea. Joe is the perfect person to work with Baron and give him he's first big, strong match. I do think that Baron is going to be out Joe under some pressure too. Corbin is far from a small guy so it should be interesting seeing how they fair against one another. I don't think that Joe needs the win as much as Baron does so I have to back Corbin for this one. I think the match needs to go on for at least ten minuets so that we can see more of Corbin. I do think Baron is future NXT Champion material and he needs to start proving that this weekend. The match should be interesting and I'm expecting quite a lot.  A potential ending to the match is with Baron winning the match maybe by hitting a low blow while the referee isn't looking or have the match end in DQ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Breeze VS Jushin "Thunder"Liger

This weekend at NXT Takeover Brooklyn we will see Tyler Breeze take on Jushin "Thunder" Liger. I don't even know where to begin with predicting this match. The award for most random match ever to be created has to go this one. I have no idea where to start or how to end this prediction post. It one of the most random,out of the blue matches I have ever seen. It's very interesting and I didn't see it coming at all. I'll be honest I don't have much of an opinion on the match witch is very are for me. I always have an opinion on something so this is a whole new territory for me. I am the biggest Tyler Breeze fan and I have done a couple of blog posts on him throughout NXT month on my blog. One was where I spoke about him potentially being the next Dolph Ziggler and the other was apart of my top five NXT Stars that deserve a push. I will insert some of what I wrote in that blog post here in a minuet. I do think that there is any doubt about who should be winning this match. Tyler has to win this. It would make no sense what so ever for Jushin to win. I am a fan of older wrestlers coming back and helping push and kick start the careers of the younger superstars. I'm not too happy or sold on the booking decision for Tyler Breeze for the show but at least he's got a match. I'm not expecting a match of the year contender but I am expecting a great match and all round performance. Breeze one hundred percent needs the win and if he looses the match I will literally go to bed, forget the rest of the show and cry for the rest of my life. I do think this is going to be a great match. I'm hopeing that it's going to be a fairly lengthy one. I think the different styles of both the superstars and the experience from Liger is going to make a great match and hopefully we will see something new from Breeze. But like I said Tyler has to win this match. There's no questions about it.

Here is what I wrote about Tyler Breeze in a recent blog post. The full post will be linked bellow.
"Up next is a superstar who we all know and love, Tyler Breeze. Now, Breeze is no stranger to the top spot. He is easily one of the top guys of NXT and one of the strongest talents in all of the WWE today. He has been in the championship picture. he has main evented but there is still something missing. He's booking hasn't been all that strong over the past couple of months and it's such a shame. I have a blog post coming up where I discuss whether or not Tyler Breeze is the next Dolph Ziggler so keep an eye out for that. But he does come across like he is. He's a great talent but just can't seem to just about get the top prize. I do think he has what it takes to be NXT champion and I do think it is just going to come down to the right moment. He has been working WWE dark matches for about a year now but I really would love to see him as the NXT Champion. I think if the WWE spent more time pushing Breeze and booking him stronger then he could easily and quickly make he's way back to the championship picture. I do think there are some big names in he's way but he's one of the best talents in all of NXT and so having him in line for the next NXT champion would go down perfectly fine with the fans."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Vaudevillians VS Buddy Murpthy and Wesley Blake

The last match I'm going to predicting in today's blog post is for the NXT Tag Team Championships as Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake defend the titles against Aiden English and Simon Gotch, The Vaudevillians, this weekend at NXT Takeover Brooklyn. I'm actually really looking forward to this match and I'm so glad it's on the card. We have already seen that these guys can put on a great match. The first title match between the two teams was great and I really did enjoy it. I think this Saturday they are just going to raise the bar even higher and put on an even stronger match. What I'm hopeing is that the match is longer than the last. A lot of the time the NXT tag team matches are shorter than a lot of the other matches on the card so I'm hopeing that these guys get a great deal of time because I honestly think they could have one of the greatest tag team matches of the year, given the time. The mixture of different styles in this match is insane and it makes things so exciting. There's a decent story behind this match and it should be a really strong match over all. Who do I think will be leaving the tag team champions? I really do believe that now is the time for the WWE to start considering having Murphy and Blake dropping the titles. They have been champions for quite a while now and I think the tag division is getting really strong now and it's time to start taking a look at who is next. I don't think there is a space for them on the main roster right now and that could be the only thing stopping them from dropping the championships. The way things seem to go down in NXT is you drop the title and then you move up onto the main roster but there would be no rush for them to make the transition. Charlotte took quite a while to finally officially debut on RAW after dropping the NXT Women's championship and the same goes for the Ascension. I would say to give it a thew more months before there is a space on the main roster for Blake and Murpthy. I do think that there is a huge chance that the Vaudevillians could leave Brooklyn the new tag team champs. They seem to be on a real high right now. Their seriously over with the fans, their momentum is high, and after being together as a team for so long they are defiantly ready to hold the titles. I think now is a good time for new champs and if I'm honest, I'm not sure where English and Gotch will go next if they loose the match. I think the only thing that makes me want Murpthy and Blake to keep hold of the titles a little longer is because I think there is still some interesting work they could do together in NXT with Alexa Bliss as well.
Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake VS The Vaudevillians 

I think regardless of the end result this is going to be a great tag team match. Very fast paced, easy to get into and fun. There's also going to be some great story telling, energy, and we are all going to have to keep our eyes on Alexa Bliss throughout. I'm pretty convinced that the Vaudevillians will walk away the new NXT Tag team champions because I do think it's time for a change but I'm not ruling out Blake and Murphy keeping holding of the titles for a little longer.

Comments

Popular Posts