Summer Slam Reactions

Hey guys, It's the night after Summer Slam and I'm back with of course my Summer Slam reactions. It was one hell of a night and we have a lot to get through so I'm gonna jump straight into it. You can let me know what you thought of last nights action by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

First off I wanna say how awesome last nights show was! I knew it was gonna be a good one but I was not expecting it to be of the level we got last night. It was by far the best PPV of the year so far in my opinion and I enjoyed it from start to finish. Every single match was on point and there wasn't a single match that I wasn't into and didn't think was awesome, even the Swagger/Rusev match! I did watch the kick off show witch was pretty good, I still think it should of been one hour, I think it was last year we got the one hour Summer Slam kick off show but I could be wrong. I feel like if it was an hour they would of got through more and the match up would of been much much better because it would of been longer. Talking of the match, WWE announced earlier on in the week that Cesaro would go one on one with Rob Van Dam on the kick off show. To be honest I was really disappointed with that choice. We've seen those two go at it enough times this year and there was no need for them to have a match. I do think Cesaro should of been there but It should of been another opponent. The overall match was actually pretty good. RVD stayed in control throughout most of it and managed to also pick up the win. I have no idea what the WWE are doing with Cesaro right now but they need to sort it out. The guy is a top top talent, a main event star and their wasting he's talent a lot! He's been in some amazing matches lately with Dean Ambrose and the one on one match he had with John Cena on RAW a thew weeks ago but apart from that he's been all over the place.
The first match of the night was for the Intercontinental championship with saw The Miz defend the title against Dolph Ziggler. I was actually really looking forward to this match, the lead up was fairly good for a mid card feud. As I said yesterday I was 100% behind Ziggler and of course I was more than happy with the end result. The actual match was actually pretty good and I thought it was a great way to kick off the show. I do think it was the right choice having Ziggler as the champ. I do think it means bad news for Miz and the new gimmick, I take it he's back to the jobbers section of the roster. As for Ziggler, I couldn't be more happy. As a Ziggler fan, I have waited ages for him to have gold back around he's waist and he is a more than worthy champion! I'm hopeing he has a great title reign and they don't screw him out of the championship again. For me this was a great way to kick off the night.
So we then had our second championship match up of the night and the first divas match of the night, and this came from Paige and Divas champion Aj Lee. I was actually really surprised with this match. It wasn't as long as I wanted it to be but it was a fair length for a divas match. We also saw a lot in the small time they had. The two girls showed a lot of skill and did some stuff that we hardly see from the divas division. Now I was backing Paige last night however I predicted AJ to pick up the win, so I was really surprised with last nights result. I'm so pleased Paige is the new divas champ. She had a terrible run last time as the champ so hopefully its much better this time round and the fact that she's heel now gives me hope. I really didn't want Aj to have another long title reign so I was glad they cut it short this time round.
Up next, Rusev and Jack Swagger. Now this was the match I was least looking forward too. The build up was really good but I weren't expecting much from the actual match, but it weren't that bad actually apart from the ending. Rusev finally took a good beating but still managed to pick up the win. From wear I was sitting Swagger didn't look good last night and hasn't looked good for the past week. He was good in the ring last night but he looked kinda Ill. Judging my the way the match ended last night I think it's clear the feud is going to go carry on. I'd rather not see it go on any more, for me last night was an ending to it and I think Rusev needs to move on to something else now.
We then had witch was the match of night in my eyes, the one on one lumberjack match up between Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. This was the match the whole world had been waiting for but mainly Dean Ambrose. Now this match was insane and I'm even calling it my favourite lumberjack match of all time! It was so much more then what I expected. Both men showed that they are main event and championship material guys and they completely stole the show. The lumberjacks were amazing and added so much more tot he match. I was ans till am extremely angry with Kane because let's face Ambrose was so gonna win that match before he got involved! I think with Rollins picking up the win it means the feud is for sure far from over and I cant wait to see what happens next and what goes on tonight on RAW.
The match up between Stephanie and Brie was actually really good. I was surprised with how much I got into it and how much Stephanie has improved! She literally did stuff in that ring that we hardly see the divas do and she was. Nikki turning heel was really predictable and I saw that coming weeks ago. I'm glad though they did turn her last night, she's better as a heel and it add's something new to the feud, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens on tonight's show.
As  for the Reigns/Orton match I was pretty impressed. I was not expecting it to be that good at all. It was a back and forth back and forth match and Reigns I have to admit was on top last night. I said it enough throughout the week that he needed to prove himself last night and I think he did just that. I do think he still needs to show a lot lot more before he can hold the championship. He didn't show anything new but he's all round performance was good and he by far had the best match of he's singles career.
The best part of the night was the main event. We now have a new WWE World Heavyweight champion and that man is Brock Lesnar. I'm going to be doing a whole other post about this but I will say for now that I think it was the best thing the WWE have done all year. Look's like it's time for a change in the WWE.

Comments

Popular Posts