Why I think RVD should leave the ring

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. Last week I had an idea for a new set of blog post were I just get my personal opinions out a little more and in more detail so I thought I would give it a go today and see how it goes down. If I like doing it and you guys like reading it, these might become a daily thing. You can send me some questions by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

So today's topic is why I think RVD should leave the ring. I've been talking about Rob a lot recently in tweets throughout live shows and in general and in blog post, so I thought I would get out what I really think and why I think it. Now I know the title of this post is a little controversial but hopefully you will get where I'm coming from and judging by the conversations I have had recently I think there's a lot of people who agree with me. I've been a big big big fan of RVD for a long time and when I was growing up around wrestling he would be the one superstar I would watch and just wish I could be like! I've always been stunned by he's unique moves and style and admired the things about him that made him different from the rest of the guys on the roster. He always had a spark and a genuine passion for what he did and he still does to this day and something I love about him. He's also a superstar who over the past year I have really been studying as an in ring competitor and I've learnt a lot about he's past and I've really grown to admire him on a level I never thought I would. All that being said I really do think he's time as an in ring competitor is up. To be honest I think it was up a long time ago. Don't get me wring he's still in amazing shape and he can still perform amazingly in the ring but there really is no place for him at the moment and I don't think there will be again. I thought last year was an all over the place year for him. He had some great matches and some not so great matches. I think we can look at where he was this time last year and compare it to where he is today and he aint in a better place, in face the same if not worse. As we saw last year at Summer Slam he was on the kick off show where he went head to head with Dean Ambrose ( the United States champion at the time) for the US title in what was a good match but a loosing effort for RVD, well he won but just not the title. And this year he was at the Summer Slam Kick off show once again, however this time he was going one on one with Cesaro. This match was completely out of the blue and was clearly thrown together to fill up the time slot. Last years match I thought was awesome, Rob looked amazing, I really got into the match and it was exciting and that's what I want from a wrestling match and it's what Van Dam gives every single time but this year it lacked all of that. It was an Okay match, not as long so just going by the time they had I thought it was all right but it could and should of been a lot better. There was no lead up, the two had feuded a thew months back so it was boring and pretty predictable. It wasn't half as exciting but to kick off the show I thought it was good but it was nowhere near the level of last years match. As we saw last night on RAW Rob was put in a number one contenders match against Cesaro for the United States championship. That sentence pretty much sums up the point I'm trying to make. Once again he had match with Cesaro and once again he was put in the US title shot area. The match was a short one pretty much dominated by Cesaro and to be honest we hardly even saw any of the match because the attention was mainly on Sheamus on commentary. It was obvious Cesaro would be picking up the win and Van Dam was just their to put him over and because there was no one else to put in the match up. Witch brings me on to my next point. Since he's return this year he's been completely irrelevant. They hyped the return so much and they aint done anything with him since. They've clearly been using him to put over new talent like Cesaro and Seth Rollins. He's been put in petty feuds witch to be honest they could of done more with but didn't. He even had a match with Adrian Neville on NXT a couple of months ago, witch to be honest was really really good but he once again didn't pick up the win but did amazing at putting over the new talent; and to be honest I think that's all they really had in mind of using him for this year. He's done a great job at making the new talent look really good but I hate the way they've done it, making him look weak and boring, It just leaves the younger fans who might not of seen some of he's old stuff thinking he's this cool guy people talk about but cant really win a match witch really makes me upset as an RVD fan. I do think the matches he's been in have been up and down. Some have been amazing as I mentioned earlier and some really aint been great especially on Robs behalf. I think what they should of done was give him one my title reigns weather it be with the WWE championship however that does seem extremely unlikely, but I have been saying that I really do think they should of at least have him hold the IC title one more time before he left the ring. It would of allowed him to hang he's boots up with a real good memory of him in recent days and reinforced how legendary he is. I think it's great when a superstar goes out after having a nice title reign but by the looks of things I doubt Van Dam will be getting that. That being said I think they could if they wanted to give him one last big feud. They do still have enough time. They could easily get him feuding with the authority for the Championship at one point, he could win have a small title reign and leave after that through a storyline but I doubt it very very very much they would even think about doing that because let's face it creative are anything but creative! I think it's clear WWE are pretty much done with him and are only gonna be using him to put over new talent like they have been all year and I doubt he will be in the ring for much longer. There's just no space for him, he doesn't fit in in any major storyline or in fact any storyline, they had a great opportunity to do something with him and Heyman again but they waisted that too. He's clearly not going to be holding any championship any time soon. The booking with him has been all over the place and he has been put in the most random of matches and he's win/loss ratio is all over the place as well. To be honest I think he's better off going down to the performance centre and working as a trainer or something down in NXT. I really do think it's time for him to move on now and leave the ring and go onto something new. I think he would be amazing working with the new talent with the likes of Zayn and Neville even some of the new female talent like Charlotte and Alexa Bliss. There's also been rumours that he is leaving soon but I don't know how legit they are. I really do think it's time they start doing more with new talent and using them properly instead of having future hall of famers job for them and putting Van Dam in matches to only fill in the space. Let me know what you think of Rob Van Dam's future in WWE by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

  1. I prefer have him here doing good matches even if he has good place/rivalries or not. And with the actual roster, believe me, we need him... ;)

    P.S: I am spanish and I don´t know if you understood me =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts