Summer Slam Predictions: Brock Lesnar VS John Cena

John Cena VS Brock Lesnar 

Hey everyone, it's Sunday witch means it's finally Summer Slam and I'm here today with my last prediction post in the series. As you all know I have been making my individual predictions for each and every match on the Summer Slam card. I will leave the links to those post at the end of this on so you can check those out if you haven't done so already. You can also let me know what your predictions are and who you are supporting tonight by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

So tonight's main event sees the WWE world heavy weight champion John Cena defend he's gold one on one with the beast Brock Lesnar. I've grown to actually get excited for this match. Yes I still hate the fact that Cena is Champion and I cant stand hear people call him "the best champion ever" because trust me he aint but the two have good in ring history together and I think we have ourselves a pretty good main event on our hands. As we all know the two last went at it in the ring together two years ago at the Extreme rules PPV in witch was one of the best one on one matches in the modern era. It was everything and more I could expect as a main event match in the PG era. There was aggression, passion, blood and all round a pretty good fight and I think the two have a lot to live up to this weekend. Do I think tonight match will be better then two years ago? Yes for sure. As Heyman said, Lesnar was only 50% the last time the two faced off and this time he is for sure 100%. Not also to forget the fact that Brock is coming back with a one hell of a previous win. I think the momentum is split once again but I do feel like it's Lesnar that had the upper hand. I think the build up for the match was very very weak. This is the main event and there should of been much much more. There was even a week were both superstars we absent from RAW and Smackdown. Cena wasnt even in a match this week. That being said the promos and segments have been amazing and have helped the feud much much more. Lesnar getting up close and personal to the legends last week on RAW also help add some heat to the match. Now this is Summer Slam, and almost every year there is a shock of the night and I'm hoping the shock comes from this match. There are a number of ways I'd like the night to end so lets go through them. Firstly there is Seth Rollins. Say Cena wins tonight (witch he probably will) Seth will not get a better opportunity to cash in and actually win. After a match with Lesnar Cena will be at he's worst point and Seth chances will be much much higher. With Rollins as the champion it will give the new talent an extra push and show that the WWE respect and take the new guys just as seriously. It will also allow him to feud with a top veteran while Ambrose is away filming and will allow him and Ambrose to feud for the championship when he returns. But personally I really want to see Lesnar pick up the win and become the new WWE World heavyweight champion. I know it's extremely unlikely but let's take a look at the chances and why it would be a great idea. First of all last year the Rock held the WWE championship and he's another part time wrestler so why can't Lesnar? Also Heyman has recently said that Lesnar likes the current travelling situation so there is also more hope there. And I think Lesnar will do wonders as a champion. I do feel that the Championship has become lost and lost its importance. They need to show that they still value the championship and I think Lesnar holding it will do that. It will make it important once again. It will also add that more of a dangerous sense to the WWE. It would allow a new guy to feud with Lesnar and give them a push, with Roman Reigns being a favriout at the moment. He could even feud with Jericho as the two never went one on one during Brocks last title reign. I also feel like they need to show Lensar was the right guy to end the streak, and making him lose twice to Cena at a PPV will not do that at all. Will Lesnar be the new champion? In all honest I doubt it. I doubt very much that we will see another part time wrestler holding the most important championships and I think we all know Cena is gonna pick up the win. But either way I do think its gonna be one hell of a main event and even though its very UFC inspired I think it''s gonna be a great "wrestling" match with some good old fashioned wrestling and not just two guys throwing firsts.
Remeber I will be live tweeting tonight using the hashtag Summer slam. You can also tweet me your predictions and who you are supporting by tweeting me at @Tezangivictoria.

Rusev VS Jack Swagger:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-jack-swagger-vs.html

Paige VS AJ Lee:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-paige-vs-aj-lee.html

The Miz VS Dolph Ziggler:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-miz-vs-dolph.html

Stephanie McMahon VS Brie Bella:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/stephanie-mcmahon-vs-brie-bella.html

Chris Jericho VS Bray Wyatt:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-chris-jericho.html

Roman Reigns VS Randy Orton:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-roman-reigns-vs.html

Seth Rollins VS Dean Ambrose:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-dean-ambrose-vs.html

Comments

Popular Posts